• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review JN103: Satoshi and Citron! Great Friendship Training!!

She's literally in the next episode, people. This debate is pointless

She's literally in the next episode, people. This debate is pointless

Are we going off the tweet in the other thread? Because while I would like to see Serena return, that's not yet an official confirmation.

Edit: With the most recent development, I am now more inclined to believe that the original tweet was legitimate. Now all that's left is the official magazine scan...

Basically Dogasu was right, moving on

I feel like, if anything, this proves Alola and me right. That the writers made the active decision to hold Serena back from the flashback in JN103, in order to hype up her eventual return. (Whether it be in the upcoming episode, or for a future unannounced episode)

Last edited:
Pretty sure the flashback either way was to reference how Bonnie/Clemont were the first two companions Ash met in Kalos. Remember he met them in the first few eps before Serena joined

Pretty sure the flashback either way was to reference how Bonnie/Clemont were the first two companions Ash met in Kalos. Remember he met them in the first few eps before Serena joined
Chespin and Dedenne were in the flashback and they were only caught in the show until after Serena was introduced though.

Chespin and Dedenne were in the flashback and they were only caught in the show until after Serena was introduced though.
I mean I'm sure the writers can overlook that to show them with their pokemon.

I think Clemont and Bonnie were the only ones in the flashback because they were the ones Ash was going to meet in this episode.

You all need to accept the Serena erasure. She's never coming back. Especially not in the episode airing this week.
The Serena/Lisia/Chloe artwork that's been going around was just confirmed by Animedia to be copyrighted material. In other words, it's official.

Finally got around to watching this episode (we've reached the point of a series where I only watch subs for returning characters or plots that I find extremely interesting) and I was kind of underwhelmed, sadly. It was great to see Clemont and Bonnie again, and Bonnie was so cute watching Goh try to catch Froakie! Plus it was nice to see Clemont shift into his inventive mode again since it's been so long. But the training/battle felt really rushed and only half thought out, so that was kind of lame. It also felt weird to me that Clembot was such an afterthought? Ash didn't even greet it and they had that whole emotional ending with it during XY. That was the least of what they could've done. Even Bonnie's interactions with Ash felt really hollow and pretty subdued. I'm always fond of episodes that feature returning characters, so this one is no exception, but the writers really skimped in terms of emotion and impact on this one.

Bonus points for them not allowing Chespin to hog screen time, though. That was a legitimate concern, especially since they could've paired it up with Grookey for the ultimate insufferable, time wasting duo.

It was subtle but really liked the way Bonnie matured here, she seemed older than in XY at least maturity wise. The way she patiently watched Go get Froakie instead of laughing at him, and remember how early XY Bonnie loved to hug pokemon but she stood by waiting for Go to get it instead of getting in his way.

During the Gym she had the same cute moments she was known for like finding a "scary" dragon pokemon like Dracovish cute and tickling it, and then hanging upside down from its neck. Also imitating the flag thrusts with her arms during Ash's training. Then of course the marriage gag but even then she felt more reserved.

I don't know if it was intentional or not but it really felt like Bonnie had grown a bit.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom