• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review JN103: Satoshi and Citron! Great Friendship Training!!

At least they returned!
Screenshot_20220401-140448_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20220401-140019_YouTube.jpg

/\ Man, that comparison alone really shows the downgrade in animation since XY. Yeah, I know the show went really over budget because of stuff like this but I still miss that detail.

Speaking of animation, it was absolutely awful in some spots during this episode. The lack of energy in the battle between Dracaena and Gampi, two Elite Four members, was absolutely appalling. Best (or rather worst) example is Uonoragon biting Negigaknight's leek sword... it genuinely looks like Uonoragon shrunk itself down.

FPQEkSRXsAEznBo.jpg

I also find it hilarious that Citron managed to evolve one of his Pokemon despite not going anywhere while Hikari didn't manage to change her party at all despite the fact she had been gone from the show for double the time.

Last edited:
Also, can't say I'm not the least bit surprised that Harimaron hasn't evolved. As we all know, this show currently hates grass-type starter evolutions post-Generation IV.

Last edited:
Writers really went "oh shit we forgot to develop Ash's mons better shove it all in the last season of the series"

Also can't wait for Goh-Greninja
Honestly though, if you watch the whole series from the start to now in one go, the cracks really start to show in terms of pacing and development.

Oh sure, writers, sure.

Give an old gen starter to a boy that will probably be gone by November when Gen 9 starts.

FFS what was even the point? The anime only has like 30 episodes left at most, right?

What do you mean?
Watching it all at once and the bad pacing and boring filler really show. The Pokemon don't really show up a lot other than the PWC battles, and the PWC battles really don't show up much themselves and Ash just climbs up the ranks offscreen. A lot of it is just clogged between mostly bad filler.

Last edited:
It an okay episode for the prelude with the big battle against the Elite Four, Drasna. Biggest problem is the double battle that one hit KO just destroy all the excitement of the episode. Also, Clemont classic explosion always with his invention went wrong just like old time.

Overall rating: C-

FFS what was even the point? The anime only has like 30 episodes left at most, right?
Assuming the new pokemon game comes around November/December, and that there are no weekly breaks (which is unlikely) yeah, basically. If I had to guess it probably has something to do with Ash-Greninja

Last edited:
That was literally only put there to foreshadow Greninja's return

We are probably never seeing that Froakie again
Actually scratch that.

According to Dephender from Serebii
The Keromatsu Go got is voiced by Haruka Shamoto as opposed to any of the regular cast members that are in most episodes anyway, so it might actually end up being relatively important.

I guess it'll play a pivotal role in Greninja's return episode then

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom