• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN104: Hyper Class! VS Dracaena of The Big Four!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mega Altaria is an odd choice considering Lisia is slated to appear. A Mega 'Mence + Dragalge pair would have worked if the concern was type redundancy.
Mayhap not too odd given how they both have Altaria in the games, and it is the only Pokémon capable of Mega Evolution for Drasna in said games; the fan adaptions of giving the Kalos Elite Four Mega Evolved Pokémon is coming true after all, hehe. We've also had notable people appear in the anime with the same species of Pokémon (ex. Dawn's Piplup, Kenny's Prinplup -> Empoleon, and Barry's Empoleon), so it's not too outlandish a concept.

I agree with Rath that they'll probably not have Lisia Mega Evolve hers. And if anything, Altaria footage here can be reused later on for Lisia if need be.
Lisia probably just won't Mega Evolve her Altaria.
It's also possible that they may have just scrapped Lisia having an Altaria in favor of Sylveon.

I gotta be honest, I'm starting to gun for a loss soon even if it isn't here. He's still Ash Fucking Ketchum. The guy's got to hit a wall at some point.
He's probably not losing any battles till maybe Master Class. Journey's is on a timetable till November and the opening is packed with content that hasn't aired yet. They don't have time to have Ash lose again and do another Bea type rematch.

Corocoro
FNxIydkaQAAIiwR

Nothing new other than image confirmation of Drasna's Noivern
Translation from Dephender:

SATOSHI VS ELITE FOUR DRACANEA!!

The next setting for the PWCS is the Kalos region! It's a fierce fight with Kalos region Elite Four member Dracanea?!

CHALLENGING A SUPER STRONG OPPONENT IN A HYPER CLASS MATCH!!
Satoshi fights using Uonoragon and Negigaknight! How powerful is this team?!

DRACANEA:
*She's a Dragon type Trainer as well as one of the Elite Four!
*She has a Key Stone on her hand! Will she use Mega Evolution...?!

ONVERN:
*It's a Flying/Dragon type Pokémon!

TYLTALIS:
*It's Dragon/Flying type. It may look cute, but...?!

UONORAGON:
*It prefers biting Satoshi to battling.
*Uonoragon starts flurrying around during the battle. Is it in trouble?!

NEGIGAKNIGHT:
*It's the key to this episode's battle. Keep your eyes on it!
*Negigaknight has a secret plan?! Wait and see how it all ends!

CAN THEY WIN?!

APRIL 1ST IS A 1 HOUR SPECIAL!!
"Satoshi and Citron! Special Friendship Training!!"
Satoshi and Citron do special Pokémon battle training in the Kalos region! And then something happens with Negigaknight...?!
"Hyper Class! VS Elite Four Dracaena!!"
The PWCS opponent is the highly skilled Dracanea, who's ranked 12th in the Hyper Class! Can he win against this strong opponent?!

I get if Dragonite battling here seeing as it’s already beaten a champions ace but seeing Dracovish and Sirfetch’d probably beating an E4 member when barely trained, Dracovish especially, is alarming.

- Dracovish is Broken. Fishious Rend is an alarming move that cannot be underestimated. Yet, Dracovish deserves more love

Last edited:
Translation from Dephender:

SATOSHI VS ELITE FOUR DRACANEA!!

The next setting for the PWCS is the Kalos region! It's a fierce fight with Kalos region Elite Four member Dracanea?!

CHALLENGING A SUPER STRONG OPPONENT IN A HYPER CLASS MATCH!!
Satoshi fights using Uonoragon and Negigaknight! How powerful is this team?!

DRACANEA:
*She's a Dragon type Trainer as well as one of the Elite Four!
*She has a Key Stone on her hand! Will she use Mega Evolution...?!

ONVERN:
*It's a Flying/Dragon type Pokémon!

TYLTALIS:
*It's Dragon/Flying type. It may look cute, but...?!

UONORAGON:
*It prefers biting Satoshi to battling.
*Uonoragon starts flurrying around during the battle. Is it in trouble?!

NEGIGAKNIGHT:
*It's the key to this episode's battle. Keep your eyes on it!
*Negigaknight has a secret plan?! Wait and see how it all ends!

CAN THEY WIN?!

APRIL 1ST IS A 1 HOUR SPECIAL!!
"Satoshi and Citron! Special Friendship Training!!"
Satoshi and Citron do special Pokémon battle training in the Kalos region! And then something happens with Negigaknight...?!
"Hyper Class! VS Elite Four Dracaena!!"
The PWCS opponent is the highly skilled Dracanea, who's ranked 12th in the Hyper Class! Can he win against this strong opponent?!

Oh Arceus. Dracovish disobedience arc incoming?

Not to be the downer yet again, but man...

I cannot believe that Ash's JN team will be the one to defeat an Elite 4 member. I know Drasna is arguably one of the weakest E4 of the whole series, but still. And with two of Ash's least developted mons in the anime's whole history, no less.

I knew this was gonna happen, tho. Ash himself deserves to beat an E4 member after all this time (even if I would prefer other better versions of Ash being allowed to), but this team doesn't deserves this glory.

This is bittersweet in the worst sense of the word to me.

I cannot believe that Ash's JN team will be the one to defeat an Elite 4 member. I know Drasna is arguably one of the weakest E4 of the whole series, but still. And with two of Ash's least developted mons in the anime's whole history, no less.

I knew this was gonna happen, tho. Ash himself deserves to beat an E4 member after all this time (even if I would prefer other better versions of Ash being allowed to), but this team doesn't deserves this glory.

I think Ash's Journeys team is very well equipped in terms of power and experience to take on an Elite Four member.

The only ones that would make sense would be Dragonite (defeated a champions ace) and Mega Lucario (at E4 level already plus has a SE move against M Altaria)

I think Ash's Journeys team is very well equipped in terms of power and experience to take on an Elite Four member.
Power? Perhaps.

Experience???? A hard no.

I'm sorry, but this might be a strong team, but it's absolutely Ash's worst team when it comes to development. These guys don't deserve this feat, but oh well, guess there's nothing that can be done.

I’m also saying this: whoever defeats Mega Altaria is going to be put in the E4 tier: HIGHER THAN ASH-GRENINJA AND INFERNAPE

tbh, Dracovish and Dragonite are already higher than the E4 tier, considering they defeated a Pokemon owned by a Champion (Dragonite was already there after they beat Mega Lucario, since they didn't need a power-up to do so).

Power? Perhaps.

I'm sorry, but this might be a strong team, but it's absolutely Ash's worst team when it comes to development. These guys don't deserve this feat, but oh well, guess there's nothing that can be done.
Gather round children let me tell you a tale, stories untold, events never behold, unseen fantasies only left to one's imagination, a magical land where anything and everything is made possible no matter how impossible.

This wondrous land my friends,

is called

~Offscreen Land~

Last edited:
I think it’s cool this seems to be Sirfetch’d Ultra class match as I was definitely assuming it to be Dracovish because of the dragon typing

As for the strength of Ash’s JN team
Do we really have to essentially have the power level debate with them?

And development wise I still don’t think they’re that off from a normal series team just don’t have the same screen time and since most were evolved (or one stage in terms of Dracovish) there’s not visual stuff like that evolving to gauge the growth of their power

tbh, Dracovish and Dragonite are already higher than the E4 tier, considering they defeated a Pokemon owned by a Champion (Dragonite was already there after they beat Mega Lucario, since they didn't need a power-up to do so).
Dragonite is in the top 5. Also remember that Dracovish lost to Haxorus

Power? Perhaps.

First time Ash beats a champion? Let’s make it a former traveling companion, a new champion and have it be a 2 v 2. First time someone catches a legendary? Let’s have it occur in the easiest way possible with a single, unobstructed toss. First time a main character gets a fossil Pokémon? Let’s have it never really appear again. First time Ash beats and Elite 4 member? Let’s have him use 2 Pokémon who have either barely been used or have worst win:lose ratio of the entire team.

Journeys’ motto might as be: If it can be done for the first time, we’ll be sure to half ass it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom