• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN104: Hyper Class! VS Dracaena of The Big Four!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could see Dracovish taking out Noviern and losing to Altaria and Sirfetch'd is obviously set up to be the final victory here.

But that means Sirfetch'd needs to be recalled, since the preview clearly shows it fighting Noivern. It doesn't make much sense it gets recalled against the Flying/Dragon type, while it defeats the other one who is a Mega.

But that means Sirfetch'd needs to be recalled, since the preview clearly shows it fighting Noivern. It doesn't make much sense it gets recalled against the Flying/Dragon type, while it defeats the other one who is a Mega.
It could be a Iris situation. Ash starts off with Sirfetch'd but realizes Noivern is too much for the duck, so it switches out for Dracovish. So, still, a win for both.

It could be a Iris situation. Ash starts off with Sirfetch'd but realizes Noivern is too much for the duck, so it switches out for Dracovish. So, still, a win for both.

True, but like i said: If Sirfetch'd gets recalled, it doesn't make much sense it could defeat a Mega afterwards.

Unless Drasna starts with Altaria and Mega Evolution and Sirfetch'd is the first opponent and then gets recalled for Dracovish who then defeats Mega Altaria with Ice Fang.

FOIIZbkXMAo0rx_

So I was wrong about them not using Dragalge for this battle because it needs water, apparently they're fine with bending the "fish can't battle on land" rule and just letting Dragalge fly around.

Who is she battling before Ash?

FOIIZbkXMAo0rx_

So I was wrong about them not using Dragalge for this battle because it needs water, apparently they're fine with bending the "fish can't battle on land" rule and just letting Dragalge fly around.
This just makes me more disappointed they choice Noivern over him tbh.

But hey that means maybe we can finally see a Noivern get a win at the Kalos League!

Seeing how the battle is literally at the Kalos League, more specifically it’s at the stadium that hosted it back in XYZ, I wonder if Lumoise City will recognise the individual that had the mysterious altering frog, who also was a key individual in saving the region?

Journeys has recently been doing notations towards Ash’s past and his achievements, but honestly I hope they don’t mention Greninja here, or subtly by having the commentator reference Ash’s “previously unusual battler”. It would just distract from the focus of the battle, and divert attention from Dracovish and Sirfetch’d. Although, a roar from the crowd for the guy who helped the city would be pretty deserving.

Seeing how the battle is literally at the Kalos League, more specifically it’s at the stadium that hosted it back in XYZ, I wonder if Lumoise City will recognise the individual that had the mysterious altering frog, who also was a key individual in saving the region?

Journeys has recently been doing notations towards Ash’s past and his achievements, but honestly I hope they don’t mention Greninja here, or subtly by having the commentator reference Ash’s “previously unusual battler”. It would just distract from the focus of the battle, and divert attention from Dracovish and Sirfetch’d. Although, a roar from the crowd for the guy who helped the city would be pretty deserving.
This Ash isn’t the same (doesn’t look the same) as XY Ash, so why should he get a roar?
JN Ash is ten but looks younger than ten. You can’t not convince that XY Ash is younger than 13.

This Ash isn’t the same (doesn’t look the same) as XY Ash, so why should he get a roar?
JN Ash is ten but looks younger than ten. You can’t not convince that XY Ash is younger than 13.
It's literally the same character. Ash was explicitly stated to still be 10 in XY. And XY is a direct sequel to BW, where Ash was also 10. He wasn't on the plane for 3 years.

True, but like i said: If Sirfetch'd gets recalled, it doesn't make much sense it could defeat a Mega afterwards.
It does if Dracovish manages to get some hits in against Altaria. Another possibility could be that Noivern is hard for Sirfetch'd because it's too fast while Altaria is a bit slower, meaning the duck can land hits more easily.

I think Ash should lose this battle (Sorry Ash...). It's been going a bit too easy for our boy from Pallet Town in the PWC recently.
Normally I would agree wholeheartedly, but we’re far too deep into this hole to afford giving these two pokemon even more losses and setbacks this late into the series.

This is JN we’re talking about, they’ll probably not have a major appearence for another 40 episodes after this one.

This is JN we’re talking about, they’ll probably not have a major appearence for another 40 episodes after this one.
I don't think that they could afford to wait for that.
Since there is a chance that Journeys may end before to make way for S&V The Series.

I can see Satoshi beating Dracaena, but only after a very challenging battle.
My issues regarding him being 'more unbeatable' are only regarding Champions.

No jobbers here, please. They are already very neglected and underdeveloped.

I don't think that they could afford to wait for that.
Since there is a chance that Journeys may end before to make way for S&V The Series.
I think "Journeys" will be a permanent series. Somehow, I don't see any point in having to go back to one region again.

Besides, since the current series is to cover all games in the base series, I don't see a problem with PokéSpain being included in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom