• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN104: Hyper Class! VS Dracaena of The Big Four!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's wrong with Iris being the first time Ash beats a Champion? She's the newest/youngest champion and ignoring Ash's BW regression they've always been on the same level. If anything it makes sense for her to be beaten before any of the more powerful champions. As for it only being 2 on 2 that doesn't bother me because Iris was only in Super Class at the time. If Iris ranked up to Master Class though they should have a longer battle for sure.

Also the fossil pokemon thing is hardly a big deal, they're not any more important than regular pokemon given how easy it is to revive fossils in the anime dating back to the first season

Last edited:
Gather round children let me tell you a tale, stories untold, events never behold, unseen fantasies only left to one's imagination, a magical land where anything and everything is made possible no matter how impossible.

This wondrous land my friends,

is called

~Offscreen Land~
Which is honestly another one of Journeys many problems. So much stuff has been done off screen that should have been shown on screen. Ash's Pokemon's development, Ash's time in the super class and bouncing back from his losing streak, Sobble/Drizzile's development, ect.

Last edited:
If Satoshi wins against Drasna, I will probably fall laughing. He should not be able to win with an E4 member the first time.
If she loses, I think it will do a little bit to E4's reputation.
Well, Ash already beat a Champion and is a Champion himself, so why not? Besides, Ash is using Dracovish and Sirfetch'd, his two least used Pokemon, in this battle. I do not want to see either of them job.

I wouldn't count that. This fight looked as if Iris had purposely allowed him to win (e.g. by using the Force to encourage Dragonite to keep fighting).
If it weren't for that, she would probably have won.
While that is true, Ash still did very well against Iris and beat her Dragonite with Krookodile before too.

Either way I don't see the problem with Ash beating Drasna. She's new to the anime so there's no preconceived notions of her power even if she's Elite 4. If anything Ash's losses against the Elite 4 always felt contrived, especially in DP where they made Flint and Bertha way too strong.

Well I sure as hell wouldn't want them being used LESS at this point
Well yea, but it just feels so unimpressive when this is how they choose for it to go down especially when they’ve demonstrated the power of the Elite 4 in the past when they’ve taken on Pokémon of Ash’s who got a lot more battle time than Sirfetch’d and Dracovish. It’d be like if they chose for Torkoal to be the one who beat Nolan’s Articuno rather than Charizard.

Gather round children let me tell you a tale, stories untold, events never behold, unseen fantasies only left to one's imagination, a magical land where anything and everything is made possible no matter how impossible.

This wondrous land my friends,

is called

~Offscreen Land~
This. This comment. Just......amazing. But also, at the same time, very, very, very sad, that the writers have been so slack this series that offscreen land has basically become their crutch because they just don't know how to consistently write characters. Inconsistent.....spontaneous.....these are words that can be used to sum up the writing of characters in Journeys.
Well, Ash already beat a Champion and is a Champion himself, so why not? Besides, Ash is using Dracovish and Sirfetch'd, his two least used Pokemon, in this battle. I do not want to see either of them job.
Especially poor Sirfetch'd, who needs all of this more than anything.
Translation from Dephender:

SATOSHI VS ELITE FOUR DRACANEA!!

The next setting for the PWCS is the Kalos region! It's a fierce fight with Kalos region Elite Four member Dracanea?!

CHALLENGING A SUPER STRONG OPPONENT IN A HYPER CLASS MATCH!!
Satoshi fights using Uonoragon and Negigaknight! How powerful is this team?!

DRACANEA:
*She's a Dragon type Trainer as well as one of the Elite Four!
*She has a Key Stone on her hand! Will she use Mega Evolution...?!

ONVERN:
*It's a Flying/Dragon type Pokémon!

TYLTALIS:
*It's Dragon/Flying type. It may look cute, but...?!

UONORAGON:
*It prefers biting Satoshi to battling.
*Uonoragon starts flurrying around during the battle. Is it in trouble?!

NEGIGAKNIGHT:
*It's the key to this episode's battle. Keep your eyes on it!
*Negigaknight has a secret plan?! Wait and see how it all ends!

CAN THEY WIN?!

APRIL 1ST IS A 1 HOUR SPECIAL!!
"Satoshi and Citron! Special Friendship Training!!"
Satoshi and Citron do special Pokémon battle training in the Kalos region! And then something happens with Negigaknight...?!
"Hyper Class! VS Elite Four Dracaena!!"
The PWCS opponent is the highly skilled Dracanea, who's ranked 12th in the Hyper Class! Can he win against this strong opponent?!
Again, I'm a little late with this comment and I kinda already said this same thing in the preview thread for the episode before this, but, ahhhhh......I'm so happy about this!! :D Clemont/Bonnie, Kalos, Sirfetch'd training/battling, Dracovish battling/development (hallelujah!) this being a two-parter, it's all just.....chef's kiss. Never in a million years did I expect Ash to be battling in the Kalos League stadium again, so this a real treat. (And with his Galar 'mons no less, something that's impossible in the games.) To think that Sirfetch'd and Dracovish will be battling in the same place where quite possibly the most controversial battle in the entire history of the anime took place, where Ash-Greninja faced off against OP 'zard. (And we all know what happened that day. :mad:) Now Ash can leave the Kalos League stadium with a sweet victory instead of the bitter taste of defeat.

There are two things I'm wondering about, though. When the CoroCoro scan says Dracovish "starts flurrying around", I wonder if it could in fact be referring to a new move being learned, maybe Outrage? Also, since Sirfetch'd is looking to be the star of this battle, if Dracovish really is in trouble, I expect it to be the one to faint, if it does faint at all. (Hopefully after securing a win.)

And secondly, I'm wondering about Sirfetch'd. We all know that Sirfetch'd is getting a new move here (most likely Meteor Assault,) that much is almost certain. (It might even learn two new moves, who knows?) But I'm wondering something else too. When it says Sirfetch'd has a "secret plan," and that it's the "key to this episode's battle," I wonder if it might have something to with either the training it receives from Clemont and Bonnie, or something much more obscure, which I happened to remember. You all remember the interview where they revealed Ash's Gengar knew Dazzling Gleam, right? Well, in that same interview, when they were talking about Ash's Pokemon and their skills, etc., I'm 95% sure I remember it saying Ash's Sirfetch'd had "the power of flight." Maybe I'm just overthinking all of this, but what if Sirfetch'd's training/plan involves it temporarily ditching the leek and the shield so it can have the power of flight/use its wings for an attack? After all, both of its opponents have the advantage of being able to fly. Just a little theory of mine.

Last edited:
Journeys’ motto might as be: If it can be done for the first time, we’ll be sure to half ass it.
I think another aspect is because this fits to the things JN is doing, that even the higher ups of the anime themselves have confirmed: JN is made for the modern audience of "viral" stuff and is deseperatly chasing the clout and the attention.

So, how do they do it? By making ''firsts'' of the anime and breaking old rules. But the problem here is not necessarily breaking those rules, may I add, is cuz they half-ass it and do it in the worst way possible, exclusively so they can puff their chests and say: ''Seee??????? JN made X thing happen!!!! C'mon,... don't wanna give it a watch???"

Which, well... I guess it's the modern age, but man, the fact Pokémon is resorting to viewbait is just so,,,, sad.

I think another aspect is because this fits to the things JN is doing, that even the higher ups of the anime themselves have confirmed: JN is made for the modern audience of "viral" stuff and is deseperatly chasing the clout and the attention.

So, how do they do it? By making ''firsts'' of the anime and breaking old rules. But the problem here is not necessarily breaking those rules, may I add, is cuz they half-ass it and do it in the worst way possible, exclusively so they can puff their chests and say: ''Seee??????? JN made X thing happen!!!! C'mon,... don't wanna give it a watch???"

Which, well... I guess it's the modern age, but man, the fact Pokémon is resorting to viewbait is just so,,,, sad.
I mean all the character returns, especially now with Clemont, Bonnie, Dawn, Paul, and Greninja are definitely viewbait

What you said made a lot of sense, I agree. That said, it makes those higher ups, viral stuff, and the modern world by and large just look so......pathetic.

Last edited:
Well yea, but it just feels so unimpressive when this is how they choose for it to go down especially when they’ve demonstrated the power of the Elite 4 in the past when they’ve taken on Pokémon of Ash’s who got a lot more battle time than Sirfetch’d and Dracovish. It’d be like if they chose for Torkoal to be the one who beat Nolan’s Articuno rather than Charizard.
You literally just proved your point wrong by bringing up Torkoal. Ash's Torkoal lost 90% of its battles and then almost beat Brandon's Registeel. How is that any different than this? Torkoal still lost, but it did very impressive for a pokemon whose literal only wins were a Slakoth and Shiftry in its entire run.

There's nothing wrong with these pokemon taking out Elite 4 pokemon as long as the battle itself is scripted well. You could just as well be asking why the writers didn't have Lucario and Dragonite his two strongest team members be the first to take out an Elite 4, so it makes no difference.

I could also just as easily bring up how Ash's Torracat which didn't get a single Kahuna battle managed to beat Incineroar the strongest pokemon in Alola after just a few bouts with it, because this is how the anime has always operated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom