• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN104: Hyper Class! VS Dracaena of The Big Four!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Under dog battles are a thing and always have been. Personally I want to see the execution. If Dracovish leaves enough of a mark that is different from going full Pikachu v Mudsdale
The simple fact that Ash is doing some proper training/planning in preparation for this battle already makes it miles better than the Pikachu vs Mudsdale battle.

If Sirfetch’d beats Altaria with Meteor Assault (probably will happen) then I am convinced that Lumiose Stadium actually has all the battles in that stadium be inverse battles.
Think about it:
In every major battle Ash has had there the Pokemon with the type advantage looses to a move it resists:
Sawyer’s Grass-Dragon Mega Sceptile looses to a Water type Water Shuriken from a water type (Greninja)
Ash’s Water-Dark Ash-Greninja looses to a Fire type Blast Burn (Charizard)
And presumably:
Drasna’s Mega Altaria looses to a Fighting type move (Sirfetch’d)

I think what would have been neat to watch is Sirfetch'd overcoming type resistance through repeated critical hits; it's a battling style/strategy we don't see often in the anime. While resisted, they still would do notable damage and pay homage to Sirfetch'd's evolution method. The thing is though, it's apparently forgotten Focus Energy and doesn't know the other two moves (the still resisted Leaf Blade and neutral Sky Attack) it can learn with high critical hit-ratios.

I think what would have been neat to watch is Sirfetch'd overcoming type resistance through repeated critical hits; it's a battling style/strategy we don't see often in the anime. While resisted, they still would do notable damage and pay homage to Sirfetch'd's evolution method. The thing is though, it's apparently forgotten Focus Energy and doesn't know the other two moves (the still resisted Leaf Blade and neutral Sky Attack) it can learn with high critical hit-ratios.
Ash repenting to the word of RNJesus

Lol this shot really shows just how much the art style has changed

They look so much younger lol

https://twitter.com/jav1eritoo/status/1507119013784133638?t=y3v7xVmvS6efPxmFuk1aPg&s=19
Ahhh, I was gonna post that same picture! Oh well, looks you beat me to the punch. That said, younger doesn't always mean better. They look almost......dopey in this art style, not really cool at all. I don't know, the new artstyle just feels very......lazy. Is it so hard to draw a nose, along with proper shading for the face? (Not to mention irises that aren't humongous? It was so much better before, why'd they ever change it? As they say, if it ain't broke...........

Last edited:
I personally would be completely on board with Ash losing this battle if he was using Pokemon with better screentime and winrates like Pikachu and Lucario instead of the neglected Dracovish and Sirfetch'd. But he's not, so...
Honestly I'd have them lose, and use that loss as a motivation to train harder and actually grow stronger instead of learning moves out of nowhere when they’re conveniently needed. But of course JN's pacing can somehow never make room for that.

Bonnie and Clemont look great in the new art style. Ash doesn't need to lose to Drasna, I am predicting he might lose to Raihan the first time they fight. We already know Sirfetch'd is training in the previous ep.

Honestly I'd have them lose, and use that loss as a motivation to train harder and actually grow stronger instead of learning moves out of nowhere when they’re conveniently needed. But of course JN's pacing can somehow never make room for that.

Two hiccups .

One, we are kind of seeing what seems to be a training episode

Two, a lot of the time we see moves come out as the mon's moveset comes out. Gengar's two new moves for Marnie aren't quite the norm. Moveset filling is different from moveset changes, at least to me.

Lol this shot really shows just how much the art style has changed

They look so much younger lol

https://twitter.com/jav1eritoo/status/1507119013784133638?t=y3v7xVmvS6efPxmFuk1aPg&s=19

...Oh my joke about Reset and May aging backwards gains more traction sometimes...now everyone is aging backwards!

Leaks are also saying Ash wins and his rank goes up to 10. If true, Paul will probably be the opponent Ash beats to enter the Masters 8
If Paul is the last one it would mean his promotion matches started with a gen 6 character for the Super class, gen 5 for promotion to Hyper, and then gen 4 for promotion to Master. Interesting but maybe unintended?

I would imagine he would also have to knock out Flint out of Masters 8 too though, if he gets to the end of Hyper class he should not be further than rank 9 after all the battles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom