• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN105: Eievui and Nymphia! Encounters and Reunions!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
May certainly had, uhhhhh, something going on with those boobs of hers early on. (She's kinda infamous for it, I think.) Certainly more than Misty, LOL. (Do.....any 10 year old girls even look like that? Like even close to that? Because if not, there's no way May was 10 years old, I refuse to believe it.) If nothing else, she definitely looked older because of it. I mean just look at this, my god. View attachment 158200 I don't think most 10 year old girls have boobs like that. (Might have played into my crush on her back in the day, though. That and I loved how Veronica Taylor voiced her.) Then as we got into late AG and Battle Frontier, she just kinda......deflated. She still looked older than 10, though.

Serena's looking a bit older than 10 herself now too if you ask me. (She and May kinda always did, LOL.)
As someone who was starting to go through puberty at ten, yes, there are ten year old girls who have noticeable breast sizes. I don't know how common it is, but I'm pretty sure that it isn't uncommon either, if only because of how bodies can change differently and at different time for people.

It just feels kind of like an overreaction from fans to focus in on the breast sizes of ten year old girls. Not to mention pretty creepy to be perfectly honest. I could understand this more if they were used for fanservice or insanely large, but they aren't, so it just comes off as a weird and creepy fixation.

I think the reason why May and Serena look older than 10 is because their game counterparts were designed to be older than 10.
May in ORAS is confirmed to be 12, which is confirmed in a Hoenn News Network report. I don't think Serena's game counterpart's age was confirmed, though she seems to be around 16 or so.

Yes, girls are capable of having larger breasts at 10 years old. When I was in 5th grade, two of my female classmates had rather large chests compared to most of the other ten and eleven year old girls. Not that my anecdote is the end all be all example - I just wanted to provide one; it's uncommon, but very much real.

But can we please stop talking about Serena and May's breasts? As HM said, they aren't gag, fanservice depictions. They are ten year old children and it is coming across as weird, off-putting, and creepy.

As someone who was starting to go through puberty at ten, yes, there are ten year old girls who have noticeable breast sizes. I don't know how common it is, but I'm pretty sure that it isn't uncommon either, if only because of how bodies can change differently and at different time for people.

It just feels kind of like an overreaction from fans to focus in on the breast sizes of ten year old girls. Not to mention pretty creepy to be perfectly honest. I could understand this more if they were used for fanservice or insanely large, but they aren't, so it just comes off as a weird and creepy fixation.
Okay, gotcha. And no, I'm not focusing in on the concept. It's just something I noticed more as a teenager and something I've noticed people point out over the years.

When scans of Ash with the Alola League trophy were released we had people saying he was just holding Gladion's trophy for him.

Seriously. I saw exactly that.
Edit: To clarify I didn't see it here, but elsewhere.
I remember being here for that. Lol, we were soo traumatized that we couldn't even believe it.

May in ORAS is confirmed to be 12, which is confirmed in a Hoenn News Network report. I don't think Serena's game counterpart's age was confirmed, though she seems to be around 16 or so.

- Well, regardless of the age that Game Freak gives to the characters, May ORAS looks like one of the youngest protagonists in the franchise, especially considering the promotional trailer where she looks even younger than in the game. Luckily, they changed it a bit in evolutions

Haruka.png

- Well, regardless of the age that Game Freak gives to the characters, May ORAS looks like one of the youngest protagonists in the franchise, especially considering the promotional trailer where she looks even younger than in the game. Luckily, they changed it a bit in evolutions

Yeah, I noticed that too when it first aired, she did look older in Evolutions than she did in-game or the game trailer.

Anyone else notice how Serena looks like Green from Pokémon Adventures?
latest

Is May the anime character they will most likely pull off a reverse Mr. Hooper on?

I don't think it is possible since Kaori cannot give her a voice.
I know you can theoretically change Seiyuu, but can you imagine Haruka with a different voice?
I mean, if they could find someone who could do a similar enough voice or not be who voiced her in another media like Masters it could work in theory. Sadly, nothing short of her dying or having some massive scandal that causes her to be fired would have that happen.

I mean, if they could find someone who could do a similar enough voice or not be who voiced her in another media like Masters it could work in theory. Sadly, nothing short of her dying or having some massive scandal that causes her to be fired would have that happen.
If she really can't return for one reason or another, maybe she could just pass the torch.

Sadly, nothing short of her dying or having some massive scandal that causes her to be fired would have that happen.

Given that KAORI has done nothing wrong, I really find this discussion uncomfortable. It might not be your intention, but that statement just comes off as wishing further harm on her, when she is already suffering from a severe health condition that severely impairs her ability to speak.

On a lighter note, the anipoke Twitter account has just revealed some very important information!

That's right! This episode also features the return appearance of Breloom, who last appeared in XY129 (or 262 episodes ago)!

For a May flashback, I'm thinking 2 outcomes:
The more obvious one with Ash recalling the Wallace Cup that May took part in.

Or...a flashback showing May winning a grand festival. The significance of the dress seems interesting and probably has a reason. (If that's the case, then poor Dawn's development being sacrificed for sinnoh nostalgia)

Still no idea if there's a battle round or not.

Can confirm and agree, an old friend of mine aged a lot faster than the rest of us girls by 10-11 so it's not completely out of left field.

And of course, finally! Serena's back! I can't wait to see how far she's gone in contests. A bit strange that we don't see May though, I've been hearing rumors regarding that. I'm not really an amourshipper so I'm fine if she doesn't see Ash and bonds with Chloe instead.

Oh and that reminds me when Serena and Aria competed in Kalos contest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom