• Bubapedia Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Our technical staff are continuing to monitor the wiki to try and resolve these ongoing issues that are impacting page and image loading. We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll update as soon as we've got more information on this for you.

• Check out our new Mysterious Garden forum style if you haven't already - we're sure you'll love it!
  • All members are allowed to express their opinions, no matter how unpopular, so long as they respect others and do not claim their opinion is the only valid opinion. While we understand that there is debate regarding Goh, someone posting an opinion you disagree with does not give you the right to attack them or report the content for trolling/baiting. This notice will serve as a 0-point warning and as such, Anime & Manga staff reserve the right to jump immediately to point warnings. For more information regarding our stance on arguments and debates, see this PSA.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Preview JN105: Eievui and Nymphia! Encounters and Reunions!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShinyOotachi

You need to calm down
Reaction score
I don't understand a bit. How can haircut and style indicate maturity?
I thought maturity manifested itself in personality.
Personality and attitude definitely have a lot to do with it, but people have been known to change their appearance in an attempt to look more mature.
I've found in my job as a nurse manager, it's not enough that I'm in charge, I need to dress the part as well in order to be taken seriously, especially because I'm naturally young-faced (I'm 34 and look 20). So over the years I've learned how to dress and style my hair certain ways that give me a sense of maturity and professionalism that isn't always immediately evident when you first see me.

I think people, especially one's inexperienced in a certain field, get a sense of comfort and security when they're being shown the ropes by someone who looks and acts confident and mature, and I think we'll see a bit of this kind of dynamic between Serena and Chloe.
I recently rewatched Serena's first Pokemon Showcase episode (where Fennekin tripped and Serena cut her hair) and I don't think we'll see that self-doubt from her that she seemed to carry throughout the XY series.

FinnishPokéFan92

Huggable Electric Rodent
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
FPvw5QiaIAI087F

Kurolegacy

Reaction score
FPvw5QiaIAI087F
Seems that rumor also turned out to be true.

You know, with Serena’s return here to show off Sylveon and Koharu confirmed to go to Alola on the next trip, I’m wondering if, had it not been for her voice actress’ illness, if May would have been used to show off Glaceon especially since Koharu is meeting all the other main females who had owned an Eevee in the past.

Sai

Reaction score
Seems that rumor also turned out to be true.

You know, with Serena’s return here to show off Sylveon and Koharu confirmed to go to Alola on the next trip, I’m wondering if, had it not been for her voice actress’ illness, if May would have been used to show off Glaceon especially since Koharu is meeting all the other main females who had owned an Eevee in the past.
The Glaceon episode had a very distinct plot with the ice queen schoolgirl, so I don't think they would have used May even if she had been available. The put more effort into thay particular Eevee form than most of the others

FinnishPokéFan92

Huggable Electric Rodent
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
And with this, even the tightest of tinfoil hats can no longer deny that she’s in this episode.
I actually found a Twitter user who called the magazine scans fake and said the person is them is going to be a doppelganger of Serena, like with Chloe and Soleil/Haruhi.

Daren

Surprisingly well rehearsed
Reaction score
Never underestimate the internet's ability to try and deny things
When scans of Ash with the Alola League trophy were released we had people saying he was just holding Gladion's trophy for him.

Seriously. I saw exactly that.
Edit: To clarify I didn't see it here, but elsewhere.

Last edited:

FinnishPokéFan92

Huggable Electric Rodent
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
When scans of Ash with the Alola League trophy were released we had people saying he was just holding Gladion's trophy for him.

Seriously. I saw exactly that.
Why am I not surprised? The internet is a crazy place...

Enzo

Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
I frankly think that's her best hairstyle. The short bob she had in XY/XYZ wasn't bad, but I like how this one is more "shaped" and is just slighty longer. Looks more "polished" too. I know she cut it herself amidst a mental breakdown (and without a mirror) back in XY, but it just felt too wonky of a cut for my liking. Glad she got it fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.