• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN105: Eievui and Nymphia! Encounters and Reunions!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, what a hard time to be a Serena fan. When I saw the episode title, I immediately got super excited. But now that the hasty sense of joy has subsided...

This episode's title, the fact that it airs right after Ash's time in Kalos, and Journeys bringing back a variety of past characters (both party members and rivals alike), makes me think that there is a possibility it could be Serena. I mean, it would just make so much sense. At least, that's how my heart feels.

But my brain is telling me something different, something more rational. This will most likely be Lisia's episode as they haven't done anything to promote Serena at all, which is uncharacteristic for how Journeys has handled every past reunion (barring Brock, but he was on a Special that aired on a streaming service); no Corocoro scans, previews, interviews with VAs, posters, etc. The "reunion" may refer to Lisia's reunion with Wallace or Ash's reunion with Wallace; mayhap, even something different altogether. This wouldn't be the first time an episode title didn't match up with the episode - do we all remember XY059? Ash and Serena's first "date?" Even though they didn't have a date at all. So, it very well could be a poor selection of words, intentional or no. There also may not be many episodes left of Journeys and we know that Chloe does something Contest Spectacular related thanks to the involvement of Lisia; so, this may very well be the start of that.

Which would make me all the more frustrated if so, because Serena could easily fill Lisia's role and more given that she too experienced a hefty amount of uncertainty about her future and wasn't given a Sylveon as to not overlap with another character.
Ash and Serena did go out on a date. My rules.
But the dance one and especially the infamous Kalos League Victory were baitfests. Why does everything Amourshipping/Serena/Greninja/XY get baited af? Why are they so cruel?

I totally agree, it’s just, when are the writers ever this logical with having actual relevant things happening together without fillers?
The XYZ portion of XY. Outside of several episodes (which, even then, tended to focus on new Pokémon not yet animated such as Quilladin, Chesnaught, Litleo, Pyroar, etc.), most of the arc had episodes that featured relevant, plot-driven or development things. Episodes either pertained to:
  • Serena, her Pokémon, and her Performer goal.
  • Ash, his Pokémon, and the Kalos League.
  • Team Flare & their plans, the Zygarde, and Bonnie's relation with one.
  • Farewells.
Tetstuo Yajima (the series director) even commented on how tightly jam-packed the last third of the saga was, and it indeed shows.

Kinda corny if the Sylveon is Lisia's and not Serena's to be honest, and I'm not even a Serena fan. Not saying every Sylveon in the anime has to automatically lead back to Serena, but considering all the old characters Journeys has brought back and the fact they saved Sylveon for last, I really thought it was gonna be Serena's time to shine. Not to mention Sylveon probably became her most prominent Pokémon by the end of her run.

Truthfully, I don't care about Lisia. Didn't get all the hype around her appearance. I was excited to see Wallace, but I was hoping it was going to lead to a Wallace Cup with some of the former coordinators appearing. I know it still could in theory, but chances are definitely growing slimmer.

Saying that Amourshipping is one sided is the biggest joke ever: because that’s wrong.
Well it is. Ash doesn’t have romantic inclination towards anyone to the degree that he didn’t even realize that numerous girls have fallen for him over his journey. He’s not incapable of finding a girl attractive as was shown in the OS but romance isn’t something that he’s drawn towards. And that’s alright because he’s only a 10 year old kid.

My guess is this ep will have Lisia introduce Koharu to contests like we know, if Wallace isn't in this episode we'll see him later. It looks like Koharu is practicing on an empty stage with nobody in the audience so there's no contest going on in this episode.

Just a theory: with Serena taking part in Contests now, maybe he indeed could appear here, with that Sylveon actually being hers. It was said that the opening would be updated along the way, so her appearance in it could easily just have been omitted initially to make it a surprise.
You just make me laugh. So they would hide it for a surprise, and at the same time show Greninia and Paul in the opening, for whom many have probably been waiting.
I do not understand this.
That's true. But he never got too familiar with Wallace.
And what does it matter whether they knew each other well or not? It still counts as a reunion.

I'm guessing the Sylveon is some random trainer's, but it also happens to be Eevee's parent or something, hence reunion.

You just make me laugh. So they would hide it for a surprise, and at the same time show Greninia and Paul in the opening, for whom many have probably been waiting.
I do not understand this.
Dawn came back without being shown in OP 3, where other highly requested returning characters were revealed. So there is a precedent to leave some characters as surprises. If it is Serena, perhaps they're saving her for a reveal in the 1-hour special.

Even I agree this feels unlikely given how recent the opening was in relation to this episode, but it's not out of the question they would leave her as a surprise.

Of course, Serena can appear in Ep. 105. If it is true we may see visuals and interview of her VA soon. I don't think there will be a surprise return.

On the other hand Ep. 105 is a Koharu&Eevee focused episode. It doesn't make sense "renuinon" is related with Ash. Koharu and others will go to Lilycove City again. Koharu&Eevee have friends there. Kairi and his Vaporeon. I think Koharu&Eevee will meet Kairi&Vaporeon again than they will meet a sylveon and CotD trainer who are friends of Kairi&Vaporeon.

Just that hair pin is an interesting detail.

Dawn came back without being shown in OP 3, where other highly requested returning characters were revealed. So there is a precedent to leave some characters as surprises.
They didn't have to show her. Since we got the big Sinnoh games recently, it was obvious we'd be coming more than once.
Of course, Serena can appear in Ep. 105. If it is true we may see visuals and interview of her VA soon. I don't think there will be a surprise return.
I doubt it. Her Seiyuu hasn't been involved in anything for a couple of years now (her last role was in 2016), so I don't think she has appeared in "Pokémon" again.

We have an episode in Hoenn, the region we last knew Serena to be in.
Featuring a Sylveon, a species Serena had in her last appearance.
Involving a huge Contest star like Wallace, with Contests being a side venture Serena was about to try.
And it happens not long after the reappearance of Clemont and Bonnie, the other members of the Kalos group.

I'm sorry, but however you want to slice it, this one was clearly shameless, blatant bait. I never cared too much for Serena and Amourshipping but I can totally understand anyone who might feel jilted because this was the best opportunity so far for her to show up in Journeys.
Instead it's just Lisia and a random Sylveon instead of the Altaria she's already associated with. Are they seriously trying to say they "spent" the Mega Altaria on Drasna when she never used that in the games?!

I really don't see why any Serena fan would want her to debut in this episode. It's an ep about Koharu meeting Lisia and introducing her to Contests. If Serena appears here she would just be secondary and largely in the background as Koharu and Lisia are the main focus. And also since we know the TR radio ep is after this one, this isn't a 2 parter either.

Since Dawn got 2-parters, Serena only getting 1 episode sidelined for Koharu/Lisia wouldn't make sense. Honestly anyone hoping for Serena to get a good cameo better hope she doesn't appear here but at some point later on.

Last edited:
We have an episode in Hoenn, the region we last knew Serena to be in.
Featuring a Sylveon, a species Serena had in her last appearance.
Involving a huge Contest star like Wallace, with Contests being a side venture Serena was about to try.
And it happens not long after the reappearance of Clemont and Bonnie, the other members of the Kalos group.

I'm sorry, but however you want to slice it, this one was clearly shameless, blatant bait. I never cared too much for Serena and Amourshipping but I can totally understand anyone who might feel jilted because this was the best opportunity so far for her to show up in Journeys.
Instead it's just Lisia and a random Sylveon instead of the Altaria she's already associated with. Are they seriously trying to say they "spent" the Mega Altaria on Drasna when she never used that in the games?!
Honestly would find it weird that they would use Serena for contest, which isn't even her goal. When they could of used dawn or may (I know mays VA makes it possible she isn't coming back)

Honestly would find it weird that they would use Serena for contest, which isn't even her goal. When they could of used dawn or may (I know mays VA makes it possible she isn't coming back)
Actually, for the time being, it is. Serena decided to participate in contests after Palermo suggested it, thinking it could help her learn more as a performer and help her in her quest to become Kalos Queen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom