• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review JN105: Eievui and Nymphia! Encounters and Reunions!!

Wow, I think for the first time ever, I was actually able to relate to Gou... Ash, your friend is competing in a Pokemon contest for the first time, the least you could do is go and cheer for her... This is like May's first contest all over again, except this time even worse since Ash didn't even go to the venue at all.

Edit: Also, I'm kind of confused about the contest. Why was Serena allowed to use 3 Pokemon, while all other contestants only used 1 Pokemon?

Last edited:
OH... MY... GOD!!! My favorite Pokémon character Serena returned! This episode will remind me of the whole Pokemon the Series: XY episodes! And her Braixen evolved into Delphox! And this episode was wholesome and amazing!

A very decent episode and also episode make history for declaring two winner in performer contest that is rare. Just ashamed, Ash reunion with Serena in the last moment before ship aboard. But is better late than never. Also, damn you Wallace for ruining it. Now, I only wishes all Ash friend from previous region come and see the final battle against Leon. That will be something climatic, if that ever occurs.

Edit: Huge surprise is Serena Braixen have finally evolve to Delphox.

Overall rating: B+

Last edited:
Wow, I think for the first time ever, I was actually able to relate to Gou... Ash, your friend is competing in a Pokemon contest for the first time, the least you could do is go and cheer for her... This is like May's first contest all over again, except this time even worse since Ash didn't even go to the venue at all.

Edit: Also, I'm kind of confused about the contest. Why was Serena allowed to use 3 Pokemon, while all other contestants only used 1 Pokemon?
Completely fair, that said, Gou probably could've found his own way to the venue, if he really wanted to see Koharu (but a minor quibble overall, for me).

Staff list courtesy of Dephender at Serebii

Screenplay 米村正二 (Shōji Yonemura)
Storyboard 齋藤徳明 (Noriaki Saito)
Episode Director 上野史博 (Fumihiro Ueno)
Animation Director 篠原隆 (Takashi Shinohara)

Full VA list courtesy of Adamant

Rica Matsumoto: Satoshi
Daiki Yamashita: Go
Ikue Ohtani: Pikachu
Kana Hanazawa: Koharu
Yuichi Nakamura: Professor Sakuragi
Megumi Hayashibara: Mafoxy
Inuko Inuyama: Wanpachi
Mika Kanai: Nymphia
Kenta Miyake: Kairyu
Noriko Shitaya: Yancham
Kei Shindo: Eievui
Hana Takeda: Sarunori
Toshiyuki Morikawa: Mikuri
Mayuki Magiguchi: Serena
Ayana Taketatsu: Lutya
Sayaka Senbongi: Kikuna
Noriaki Kanze: Renji
Daisuke Namikawa: Koharu's Smartphone Rotom
Kenyu Horiuchi: Narration

I also find it completely hilarious that the anipoke Twitter account still hasn't mentioned a single word about Serena, opting to tweet about Koharu and retweeting about Lisia, yet most of the replies to their latest tweet since the episode aired are all about Serena :sneaky:

On the episode itself, it's nice to see that not only has Serena's Braxien evolved into Delphox, but also that all her Pokemon have learned new moves as well. (Mystical Fire for Delphox, Ice Punch for Pancham, and Quick Attack for Sylveon)

Last edited:
I blame that on Piplup being the only one of Dawn's Pokémon to get notable focus, and he's not evolving.

Thanks to that, and also Dawn's Quilava not evolving, this means Dawn is the only Pokegirl with Starter Pokemon who has not evolved her Starter Pokemon to the final stage. May has Blaziken and Venusaur, Serena has Delphox, and Lana has Primarina.

Is it just me or was that moment at the end with Serena waving goodbye to Satoshi as she watches the ship disappear in the horizon and the sun setting a little bittersweet? It's like she had to accept that he has new friends now and that their goals in life are very different, perhaps not always compatible with each other.

Reminds me of that moment when Kasumi/Misty sees him battle on TV and smiles but then she is like "oh well, let's get back to work".

Amourshipping aside... I am a little disappointed that she still only has three Pokémon after all these years! How can Gou be allowed to catch so many Pokémon (even legendaries!) while Serena still only has the same three she used in XY and Koharu barely gets any screentime?

I'm also disappointed that there are no battles in the contests anymore. I was hoping that starting to do contests would allow Serena to battle more since she wasn't allowed to do that before.

I miss when Hikari's contests actually had an impact on Satoshi. Maybe seeing Serena fight a Mega Altaria could have helped him in his battle against Drasna. That way Clemont and Serena would have both been equally helpful.

Since everyone is already talking about the important stuff I wanna point out I think it's hilarious that the badge Ash won for the first time since his battle against Wulfric was a repeat in a battle against a champion . Ash is slaughtering 'em all .

Back
Top Bottom