• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN106: A New Show! Rocket-dan's Covert Kingdom Radio!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
But I do think it's worth debating on whether or not the TRio's shelf life has expired.

If people want to do that then they should be doing so in its own thread dedicated to the topic. This is a preview thread for a specific episode of the TV series, not a space for everyone to shit talk the trio for the millionth time.

Ah yes these forums the only place where people are mad that some of the show's most prominent characters are getting one spotlight episode out of 30 because apparently that's not something you do when the series is approaching its end
‘Some of the most prominent’ is stretching it a bit especially in Journeys where they’ve barely had a presence. If this were any other saga where they were actually character having their own narrative, it’d be one thing, but if this series is approaching its end, things are gonna be rushed enough as is without giving us episodes like this that add nothing to the series’ overall narrative considering TRio had no real place in it other than being the directionless nuisances they were back in the OS lacking everything that gave them a narrative point from Advanced through SM.

Is there any special information regarding this episode in the Animedia article, please? I desperately need even tiny information or a summary… It is still so long to wait 17 days until the broadcast… I am in lack of TR…

‘Some of the most prominent’ is stretching it a bit especially in Journeys where they’ve barely had a presence. If this were any other saga where they were actually character having their own narrative, it’d be one thing, but if this series is approaching its end, things are gonna be rushed enough as is without giving us episodes like this that add nothing to the series’ overall narrative considering TRio had no real place in it other than being the directionless nuisances they were back in the OS lacking everything that gave them a narrative point from Advanced through SM.
I'm talking prominent anime-wise, and just because Journeys treats them poorly doesn't justify continuing doing so. It's like a circular argument, "they shouldn't get the spotlight now because they haven't been getting the spotlight lately". Well I haven't seen Ash's Dracovish being very relevant throughout the series, but I sure wish that also changes as we're approaching the end.

Honestly if we're going that route then there's a lot of recurring, seemingly important characters in Journeys that have been barely relevant for the narrative, because there's barely a strong narrative in the first place.

I'm talking prominent anime-wise, and just because Journeys treats them poorly doesn't justify continuing doing so. It's like a circular argument, "they shouldn't get the spotlight now because they haven't been getting the spotlight lately". Well I haven't seen Ash's Dracovish being very relevant throughout the series, but I sure wish that also changes as we're approaching the end.

Honestly if we're going that route then there's a lot of recurring, seemingly important characters in Journeys that have been barely relevant for the narrative, because there's barely a strong narrative in the first place.
There’s a fine line between the writers handling some of Ash’s Pokémon poorly and TRio being almost nonexistent and having no real role in this current series. In the case of a Pokémon, they are basically extensions of Ash’s own narrative. While the writers may have done a piss poor job with them this series, any episode that involves them is one that is relevant to Ash’s story. The same can’t be said for TRio who have no story at all this series. Episodes that focus on them add nothing to this current series’ narrative because they have no narrative. And this late in the game when the series is on potential borrowed time, is the worst time to be wasting time on characters who add nothing to the current series aside from being nuisances who do the exact same thing 9/10 times that they’re in any given episode.

I think the episode is fine, TR episodes have ranged from harmless to excellent since BW ended and it seems like a great homage to the radio show from ten years ago that leans on the fourth wall. My only worry is that the humor could lean to much into "Jessie and James being snarky" like in the dubbing episode rather than slapstick, but overall I still like the idea more than fillers about Pikaclones, Magikarp, Slowpoke, Rotom...

This TR episode is their 25th anniversary of their debut in episode 2 in 1997. At least realize why TR are getting their own episode before complaining it's another filler. It's clearly for their 25th anniversary and more for the voice actors themselves since they recorded this ep as a radio drama before animation was decided. They're celebrating 3 of the longest voice actors on the show.

Also fillers in general was far worse in mid-Johto, late Hoenn, early Battle Frontier, and late DP too. So I don't see how this is a recent thing.
Yeah I know it's their aniversary . Doesn't mean the episode is gonna be important . It could be great ofc, not gonna rule out that possibility, but most likely ? nah .

An episode doesn't have to be "important" in order for it to be good. Sometimes some of the best episodes of a series end up being fillers.

Jez said:
Is there any special information regarding this episode in the Animedia article, please?

Nothing that wasn't already posted in the Twitter thread shared earlier.

An episode doesn't have to be "important" in order for it to be good. Sometimes some of the best episodes of a series end up being fillers.
Oh, of course. Some of my favorite episodes of the series happen to be filler. That said, Journeys's filler episodes have been absolutely awful for the most part, so I don't have much faith for the TRio in this one. It'll probably be dull and unremarkable, not to mention utterly forgettable, like most of Journeys's filler has been.

Oh, of course. Some of my favorite episodes of the series happen to be filler. That said, Journeys's filler episodes have been absolutely awful for the most part, so I don't have much faith for the TRio in this one. It'll probably be dull and unremarkable, not to mention utterly forgettable, like most of Journeys's filler has been.
Exactly what I want to say .
It could be no doubt Good and I could end up liking it, but Journey's previous record of Team Rocket episode makes me lose faith . Which is a shame, since they are some of my fav characters

030EA34B-11C1-4DC9-8CDA-AC742EBE8245.jpeg

Magazine “Spoon 2D” future poster ❤️ I am already in love despite the picture is blurry.

Last edited:
I wonder what prompted the delay for a week. Weird maybe some animation wasn't finished or needed to be redone. Not really that big a deal but kinda odd.

Last edited:
The airdate of the Rocket trio's episode changing from their 25 year anniversary to some random unremarkable date is...well, that's pretty in-character for the way this series has been mistreating them, unfortunately.

Maybe but when it comes to Journeys’ fillers, that ain’t it chief :p

Nah, what I said applies even to the current series.

Jez said:
Magazine “Spoon 2D” future poster ❤️ I am already in love despite the picture is blurry.
https://twitter.com/gryphoncool/status/1506568808328318977?s=21

It would've been better if they were wearing what they wore in the covers to their radio show CDs.

pokemon_radio_musashi.jpg
pokemon_radio_kojirou.jpg

I wonder what prompted the delay for a week. Weird maybe some animation wasn't finished or needed to be redone. Not really that big a deal but kinda odd.
Or it could be someone in charge REALLY wanted an Eeveelution episode to air over a TRio episode...:cautious:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom