• Bubapedia Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Our technical staff are continuing to monitor the wiki to try and resolve these ongoing issues that are impacting page and image loading. We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll update as soon as we've got more information on this for you.

• Excited about the recently announced new Pokémon games? Join us here for discussion and speculation.
  • Visit your account preferences to list your favourite Gen 9 Starter, and you'll get the appropriate badge added to your profile!
  • All members are allowed to express their opinions, no matter how unpopular, so long as they respect others and do not claim their opinion is the only valid opinion. While we understand that there is debate regarding Goh, someone posting an opinion you disagree with does not give you the right to attack them or report the content for trolling/baiting. This notice will serve as a 0-point warning and as such, Anime & Manga staff reserve the right to jump immediately to point warnings. For more information regarding our stance on arguments and debates, see this PSA.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Preview JN106: A New Show! Rocket-dan's Covert Kingdom Radio!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CharizardFan7

Though I'm also a Blaziken fan
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
The rare time that I actually side with the anime staff of this series :p
Yeah, I don't care much for the TRio these days anyway.
pokemon_radio_musashi.jpg
pokemon_radio_kojirou.jpg
See, this is how I wish the TRio (and all the human characters, LOL,) were still drawn! They look soooo much better like this!! XY style FTW!!

ii kanji

Eternally misleading
Reaction score
Pronouns
She/her
Holy fuck I want that poster. Do you think I will be allowed to frame and display it in the grown up house we’re currently trying to buy? :unsure:

Things I observe with love:
1. More fodder for my Kojiro-reading-glasses headcanon.
2. They all have different drinks! Sonansu a bottle of water, Nyasu iced orange juice, Kojiro a cold and Musashi a hot takeaway beverage. We know Kojiro is partial to an iced coffee so I would confidently guess that for him. I reckon Musashi’s is a hot chocolate, that woman doesn’t need caffeine.
3. Nyasu is sat on a step stool! So he can easily climb onto it himself! :bulbaLove:
4. They have photo frames on the wall omg, wish we could see their contents but now instead we get to imagine the cute team photos they must have up there.
5. Musashi and Kojiro’s outfits and hairstyles are adorable and I hope we get to see them in these during the episode (although the detail on Kojiro’s sweater makes me sincerely doubt we will…)
6. All of Kojiro’s bottle caps are the Rocket training school ones wtf?! Where’d he get so many? Have they all been sent in by Rocket trained fans of the show?! (I refuse to believe this is a continuity error made by the hapless artist.)
7. Musashi is holding postcards omg imagine if they got to read fanmail during this skit can you imagine?!

Thanks for sharing Jez!!!

Keith

Ash’s Badge Cleaner
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
Team Rocket has really fallen off, huh? :confused:

ii kanji

Eternally misleading
Reaction score
Pronouns
She/her
WAIT. Is Kojiro just wearing his normal uniform trousers and undershirt with some cute brogues and the sweater?! That boy is so basic aksjajajhdhshaj :cry:

Enzo

Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
Am I remembering things wrong or it has been ages since we last saw their Rotom Phone? :unsure::unsure:

It's suprisingly funny, it's a shame we don't see it often.

ii kanji

Eternally misleading
Reaction score
Pronouns
She/her
Omg they are opening fanmail for real… Looks like maybe someone actually did send those R bottle caps to Kojiro as a gift lmao?! Now I have a new unachievable pipe dream which is for the fan chorus version of RDYEN to get airtime.

CharizardFan7

Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
So is this entire episode just gonna take place in their base? That really doesn’t sound very interesting at all.
I'm with you. I'll probably skip this one, sounds pretty boring. My interest in the TRio has been waning ever since XYZ ended anyway.

Alola

UltraMysteryDungeon, when?
Reaction score
Am I remembering things wrong or it has been ages since we last saw their Rotom Phone? :unsure::unsure:

It's suprisingly funny, it's a shame we don't see it often.
I miss it along with Morpeko; but back to the Pokedex, a sentient, all-knowing encyclopedia giving out sass and barely any information was refreshing. It's a shame the TRio have funny gags for this saga but their limited screentime results in such elements being wasted. This episode looks like it will be charming, but then I get miffed thinking about how we probably won't see them again for several episodes afterwards.

CharizardFan7

Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
I miss it along with Morpeko; but back to the Pokedex, a sentient, all-knowing encyclopedia giving out sass and barely any information was refreshing. It's a shame the TRio have funny gags for this saga but their limited screentime results in such elements being wasted. This episode looks like it will be charming, but then I get miffed thinking about how we probably won't see them again for several episodes afterwards.
That's basically the overarching theme of Journeys at this point: wasted potential.

Kurolegacy

Reaction score
How is it possible that everything they show for this episode makes it less appealing? This really feels like one of those leaning on the 4th wall types of episodes that doesn’t even feel canon to the series.

CharizardFan7

Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
How is it possible that everything they show for this episode makes it less appealing? This really feels like one of those leaning on the 4th wall types of episodes that doesn’t even feel canon to the series.
Yeahhh.......I don't know about this one. I think this is the only episode this month that I'll skip. The writers just seem to have run out of ideas for the TRio. They're barely even characters at this point anymore. Hell, James's Morpeko hasn't even made a (physical) appearance in over 30 episodes.

Gabo2oo

Reaction score
How is it possible that everything they show for this episode makes it less appealing?
The one-second shot adds zero new information to work with in the first place LMAO

You decided this would be a waste right from the concept so you're just set on reaffirming it every time a new crumb of footage drops it seems

Last edited:

Kurolegacy

Reaction score
The one-second shot adds zero new information to work with in the first place LMAO

You decided this would be a waste right from the concept so you're just set on reaffirming it every time a new crumb of footage drops it seems
We’ve had plenty of episodes in the past where all they give us is a screenshot from a magazine that actually build hype for said episode so don’t pretend like this is something new. These images they’ve given us for this episode as well as the absolutely nothing of information they’ve given us builds nothing for it and makes it look dull as drying paint.

Status
Not open for further replies.