• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN106: A New Show! Rocket-dan's Covert Kingdom Radio!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The rare time that I actually side with the anime staff of this series :p
Yeah, I don't care much for the TRio these days anyway.
pokemon_radio_musashi.jpg
pokemon_radio_kojirou.jpg
See, this is how I wish the TRio (and all the human characters, LOL,) were still drawn! They look soooo much better like this!! XY style FTW!!

Holy fuck I want that poster. Do you think I will be allowed to frame and display it in the grown up house we’re currently trying to buy? :unsure:

Things I observe with love:
1. More fodder for my Kojiro-reading-glasses headcanon.
2. They all have different drinks! Sonansu a bottle of water, Nyasu iced orange juice, Kojiro a cold and Musashi a hot takeaway beverage. We know Kojiro is partial to an iced coffee so I would confidently guess that for him. I reckon Musashi’s is a hot chocolate, that woman doesn’t need caffeine.
3. Nyasu is sat on a step stool! So he can easily climb onto it himself! :bulbaLove:
4. They have photo frames on the wall omg, wish we could see their contents but now instead we get to imagine the cute team photos they must have up there.
5. Musashi and Kojiro’s outfits and hairstyles are adorable and I hope we get to see them in these during the episode (although the detail on Kojiro’s sweater makes me sincerely doubt we will…)
6. All of Kojiro’s bottle caps are the Rocket training school ones wtf?! Where’d he get so many? Have they all been sent in by Rocket trained fans of the show?! (I refuse to believe this is a continuity error made by the hapless artist.)
7. Musashi is holding postcards omg imagine if they got to read fanmail during this skit can you imagine?!

Thanks for sharing Jez!!!

Am I remembering things wrong or it has been ages since we last saw their Rotom Phone? :unsure::unsure:

It's suprisingly funny, it's a shame we don't see it often.
I miss it along with Morpeko; but back to the Pokedex, a sentient, all-knowing encyclopedia giving out sass and barely any information was refreshing. It's a shame the TRio have funny gags for this saga but their limited screentime results in such elements being wasted. This episode looks like it will be charming, but then I get miffed thinking about how we probably won't see them again for several episodes afterwards.

I miss it along with Morpeko; but back to the Pokedex, a sentient, all-knowing encyclopedia giving out sass and barely any information was refreshing. It's a shame the TRio have funny gags for this saga but their limited screentime results in such elements being wasted. This episode looks like it will be charming, but then I get miffed thinking about how we probably won't see them again for several episodes afterwards.
That's basically the overarching theme of Journeys at this point: wasted potential.

How is it possible that everything they show for this episode makes it less appealing? This really feels like one of those leaning on the 4th wall types of episodes that doesn’t even feel canon to the series.
Yeahhh.......I don't know about this one. I think this is the only episode this month that I'll skip. The writers just seem to have run out of ideas for the TRio. They're barely even characters at this point anymore. Hell, James's Morpeko hasn't even made a (physical) appearance in over 30 episodes.

How is it possible that everything they show for this episode makes it less appealing?
The one-second shot adds zero new information to work with in the first place LMAO

You decided this would be a waste right from the concept so you're just set on reaffirming it every time a new crumb of footage drops it seems

Last edited:
The one-second shot adds zero new information to work with in the first place LMAO

You decided this would be a waste right from the concept so you're just set on reaffirming it every time a new crumb of footage drops it seems
We’ve had plenty of episodes in the past where all they give us is a screenshot from a magazine that actually build hype for said episode so don’t pretend like this is something new. These images they’ve given us for this episode as well as the absolutely nothing of information they’ve given us builds nothing for it and makes it look dull as drying paint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom