• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN107: Help, Big Brother Wanpachi!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah yes, I've always enjoyed the episodes when Wanpachi helps out at the Park. Like the one where... no, wait, we've never seen Wanpachi helping out at Sakuragi Park. Hell, I can't even recall seeing it in there (I could be wrong, though).

Another example of this series' terrible problem with thinking it's ok to just tell us something as opposed to actually showing us.
What's worse is after this episode, were probably never gonna see the poor thing again

Yeah, Yamper has been greatly overshadowed ever since Chloe caught her Eevee, and now they expect us to believe the whole time that the pupper has been the new Bulbasaur for Goh's background fodder? Just another big example of this series tell, don't show mentality.
I mean it makes sense, since Chloe neglected him for evee , he has nothing better to do than be at sakuragi park.

I mean it makes sense, since Chloe neglected him for evee , he has nothing better to do than be at sakuragi park.
It does, given the nature of Yamper's pokedex entries mentioning it is a herding dog, but this is something that should have been established long ago. Especially because Yamper has been needing the screentime.

It does, given the nature of Yamper's pokedex entries mentioning it is a herding dog, but this is something that should have been established long ago. Especially because Yamper has been needing the screentime.
Heck if they wanted to do the whole "yamper big brother" role. Idk why they couldn't develop that relationship between evee and yamper. Perfect opportunity right there. Heck evee needs someone her hyperactive personality can bounce off from. Yamper would have been great, but nah

Summary and Partial VA list courtesy of Adamant

Wanpachi plays the role of the reliable big brother to the Pokémon in Sakuragi Park. It normally does a great job solving the problems that occur in the Park, but this time it notices that the water in the river flowing through it has become dirty. Wanting to help the Pokémon living by the riverside, Wanpachi joins Satoshi, Go and Koharu as they attempt to figure out the cause of this... Will Wanpachi manage to uphold the peace in Sakuragi Park?

Voice Cast:
Rica Matsumoto: Satoshi
Daiki Yamashita: Go
Ikue Ohtani: Pikachu

I found it pretty ridiculous and hard to believe that Wanpachi is the big brother of Sakuragi Park pokémon. It's the pet of Koharu's family, supposed to stay in their home. How can it had a such an impact on Gou's pokémon? It's also out of character for Wanpachi to be responsible, considering its actions in the previous episodes, unless it's something recently happened to it. We also didn't see Koharu's mother and brother since Detective Pikachu episode (I think) and it feels like they want to retcon the old episodes.
Also, animation looks pretty terrible.
Screenshot_20220415-134836_1.jpg
Probably will be the worst episode of this series.
Wanpachi is not her pokémon.

Last edited:
I found it pretty ridiculous and hard to believe that Wanpachi is the big brother of Sakuragi Park pokémon. It's the pet of Koharu's family, supposed to stay in their home. How can it had a such an impact on Gou's pokémon?
It's based on a herding dog, so I can see it making sense.
This episode look interesting enough to at least be better than JN041.

I found it pretty ridiculous and hard to believe that Wanpachi is the big brother of Sakuragi Park pokémon. It's the pet of Koharu's family, supposed to stay in their home. How can it had a such an impact on Gou's pokémon? It's also out of character for Wanpachi to be responsible, considering its actions in the previous episodes, unless it's something recently happened to it. We also didn't see Koharu's mother and brother since Detective Pikachu episode (I think) and it feels like they want to retcon the old episodes.
Also, animation looks pretty terrible.

Wanpachi is not her pokémon.
That's the problem, it should be her pokemon

Worst episode is JN097. Let’s take an earlier half episode, make it a full episode, and make an absolute nothing plot. There’s no way any episode in Journeys will be worse than that one. Although, I’m not a fan of JN030 either for Pikachu acting extremely out of character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom