• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN107: Help, Big Brother Wanpachi!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well in life you don't always make the right choices.

It's roaming the world but still somebody can give him a beatdown an put in a cage and his trainer would not realize.
Pretty much. Not like the poachers or hunters care about the laws of ownership so nothing is stopping them from caging it, they just can’t catch it with a pokeball. Really it just comes across that the only reason for them to have had Go keep Suicune is just to artificially inflate his status by having that he owns a Legendary.

Come to think of it, the one thing setting a trainer and a poacher apart in the anime is the mechanism used to catch the pokemon.

Has any poacher tried catching stuff with pokeballs aside from the masked edgelord from 4ever?

Come to think of it, the one thing setting a trainer and a poacher apart in the anime is the mechanism used to catch the pokemon.

Has any poacher tried catching stuff with pokeballs aside from the masked edgelord from 4ever?
If you count Team Plasma, they did capture Heatran when they were using it for their purposes. Other than that, can’t think of any. Really just makes you realize that for people who make a career out of this, they’re kinda dumb.

Pretty much. Not like the poachers or hunters care about the laws of ownership so nothing is stopping them from caging it, they just can’t catch it with a pokeball. Really it just comes across that the only reason for them to have had Go keep Suicune is just to artificially inflate his status by having that he owns a Legendary.
And even then, he barely owns it. Like others have said, Suicune just roams the world anyway, so does Goh really even own it? Same goes for Eternatus. It's locked up underground, prohibited from being used at all. If he's only caught these Legendaries for Pokedex completion, rather than actually using them, it just serves as an example of why Goh's character was a mistake-he's too similar to a character from the games/Pokemon Go. I know that's been said like, a million times at this point, but it's true. His Pokemon aren't individuals with personalities (none that we, the viewers, see anyway, so they don't count,) like Pokemon in the anime should be. They're like our Pokemon in the games-caught, then boxed and forgotten about (for the most part, with but a few exceptions.)

And even then, he barely owns it. Like others have said, Suicune just roams the world anyway, so does Goh really even own it? Same goes for Eternatus. It's locked up underground, prohibited from being used at all. If he's only caught these Legendaries for Pokedex completion, rather than actually using them, it just serves as an example of why Goh's character was a mistake-he's too similar to a character from the games/Pokemon Go. I know that's been said like, a million times at this point, but it's true. His Pokemon aren't individuals with personalities (none that we, the viewers, see anyway, so they don't count,) like Pokemon in the anime should be. They're like our Pokemon in the games-caught, then boxed and forgotten about (for the most part, with but a few exceptions.)
What’s even more egregious is that the series has actually presented ways in which it could have its cake and eat it too with this kind of situation via both the Ultra Guardians and Go’s first trial mission in which the case the mission was to capture the Pokémon so it could be returned to safety. As was shown with Alolan Ninetail, when he catches a Pokémon for a trial mission, he still gets the dex entry even though he doesn’t get ownership of the Pokémon. That could have been used as a means of creating a better solution than what we’ve gotten with Suicune.

Last edited:
Typical of Journeys, Yamper evolving is pretty likely, despite doing nothing and the writers forgetting he existed. At this point, they're probably thinking "Oh shit, we forgot Yamper existed! Quick, we need to use him! Wait, Boltund hasn't debut yet either! Alright! Yamper has been the new Bulbasaur and will evolve here! Perfect!"

Typical of Journeys, Yamper evolving is pretty likely, despite doing nothing and the writers forgetting he existed. At this point, they're probably thinking "Oh shit, we forgot Yamper existed! Quick, we need to use him! Wait, Boltund hasn't debut yet either! Alright! Yamper has been the new Bulbasaur and will evolve here! Perfect!"
Wait, is Yamper actually evolving here?! If so, my god, what a crappy way to debut Boltund, one of my favorite Gen 8 Pokemon.

Wait, is Yamper actually evolving here?! If so, my god, what a crappy way to debut Boltund, one of my favorite Gen 8 Pokemon.
Nothing's confirmed. I'm just saying knowing this series, its pretty likely since they have had Pokemon evolve despite doing very little and they still need to give Boltund screentime.

Nothing's confirmed. I'm just saying knowing this series, its pretty likely since they still need to give Boltund screentime.
OK, gotcha. (And my fault completely, I read your post very quick and missed the"pretty likely" after the word evolving.) You're probably right though, especially given their tendency for minute appearances of Gen 8 Pokemon (Cursola,) and how late in the series we are at this point. Poor Boltund, though. It deserved better. All the Galar mons did. :cry:

they still need to give Boltund screentime.
They really do? It is not a must.

At this point, they have better things to give focus.

Though, I can already tell that this episode gonna suck no matter what they do.

You'd rather Boltund have a Togetic situation? I'm not sure if that's better or worse at this point.
I'd rather it not appearing in Journeys, to save it for a future series.
A different one instead of this Wanpachi evolving.

Everything is gonna be worse at this point, and most things are already horrible.

Lol i thought tommorow episode was the greninja one lol. Dang
Sadly, one more week. But you can't deny we've been spoiled this month in terms of good episodes, and we've still got one more good one left to go. (And to think, all it took was the influence of XYZ. Shows just what a legendary series it was.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom