• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review JN107: Help, Big Brother Wanpachi!

VA list courtesy of Adamant

Rica Matsumoto: Satoshi
Daiki Yamashita: Go
Ikue Ohtani: Pikachu
Kana Hanazawa: Koharu
Megumi Hayashibara: Hagigishiri
Shinichiro Miki: Kailios
Inuko Inuyama: Wanpachi
Yuji Ueda: Heracros
Yuichi Nakamura: Betbeter
Kei Shindo: Eievui
Risa Shimizu: Nidoran
Yasuhiro Mamiya: Gantle
Hana Takeda: Sarunori
Sayaka Senbongi: Yayakoma
Noriaki Kanze: Nuckrar
Shogo Sakata: Dangoro
Haruka Shamoto: Keromatsu
Marina Aicholtz: Himenka
Kenyu Horiuchi: Narration

I like this kind of episodes (although sometimes it seems like this isn't a popular opinion ;) ).

Grimer has every right to take a relaxing bath ofcourse. Again a little problem you would have in real life if you let all those different Pokémon life together in a closed biotope. Great it now has it's personal pond. I wonder what Suicune was thinking. "Okay, this water is poluted. But I guess in this case I'll just let it be poluted"

The fact the Froakie became friends with Grimer is nice.

And Rattata got the part as messangerboy. It was at least a higher part than in 'Panick in the Park', were it only got a cameo at the end if I'm not mistaken.

And Heracross is a simp for (sweet) scents. :p But it clearly likes Pinsir.

A very decent episode for Yamper being a leader that comes with problem and also showing the Professor Cerise getting active as usual. Heracross and Pinsir in love Until Alcremie ruined it and end with Suplex by her claw. Next we have group of pokemon fighting until it realize it need rain to cool them off. That set the appearance one of the legendary Beasts, Suicune since Episode 53. Decided that in order to clam down pokemon scuffling by calling rain to cleanse the water by Goh's Grimer. Nonetheless, so far so good everybody else happy that is important.

Overall rating: B-

A very decent episode for Yamper being a leader that comes with problem and also showing the Professor Cerise getting active as usual. Heracross and Pinsir in love Until Alcremie ruined it and end with Suplex by her claw. Next we have group of pokemon fighting until it realize it need rain to cool them off. That set the appearance one of the legendary Beasts, Suicune since Episode 53. Decided that in order to clam down pokemon scuffling by calling rain to cleanse the water by Goh's Grimer. Nonetheless, so far so good everybody else happy that is important.

Overall rating: B-
I was under the impression the rain was more a way to fill Grimer's new pond.

The fighting was over after the water was cleared, which resulted in the Rock Pokémon being able to go back to their territory. The reason of the fight was because they wanted to move to the territory of the other smaller Pokémon.

I knew this episode was going to be a load of nothing...but it was an even bigger load than I thought...:sick:

Cute episode and I love seeing Pokemon interact with each other

People are still upset about Goh catching Suicune I see

Also when I watching this episode on YouTube, someone in the comment section pointed out that Froakie moved into Drizzile/Inteleon's old cave! That's adorable

Well guess we know Inteleon doesn't live there anymore. Either that or he's got a new roommate

I'm very surprised that Yamper didn't evolve here.
I guess they just consider it way too marketable. Which is unusual considering they dont give it much screentime

Wonder how they will debut Boltund tho?

Also Pinsir needs to keep her Boyfriend far far away from Grass and Fairy Type Pokemon

Last edited:
This was a complete waste of time. I thought it would be mostly development for Chloe, Eevee, and Yamper when I first saw the title and original preview. Nope. More of Goh's background fodder they expect us to care about and that Suicune he never should have been given. Yamper is cute though and its such a shame this is the only thing he's done in recent episodes. Overall pretty lackluster.

This is the weirdest episode I've seen in a long time. Seeing a bunch of pokemon just together and Koharu taking pictures and Suicune only appears to undo Grimer's sludge, but the whole episode was just...a lot of nothing. Weird I liked the previous lab episode which was around the 20th episode a lot better.

I mean I don't even know what this was. They could have shown a bunch of Go's more memorable pokemon similar to Pinsit/Heracross but they just showed some of the blander extra captures. This is more filler than some actual fillers because this had no real plot at all...this is probably the weakest episode all year.

So… I do wish we’d have seen some connective tissues previously ahead of Yamper being to Bulbasaur of Cerise park.

That being said, quite enjoyed this because I just love seeing main characters Pokémon interact (shame Ash’s Pokémon all managed to not appear again)

It’s cool that we got the Raihan battle mentioned ahead of time unlike with Marnie.

Liked Suicune’s role here but expecting much more from it in the future…

I'll call this a "household chores"-episode. Since the beginning of the Anime, there have always been such episode every once in a while where nothing special happens but you watch the protagonists do their everday chores. I'm used to such episodes that might seem irrelevant at first glance, so I won't complain. Every now and then, they're quite entertaining to watch and this episode was no different. I'll judge it as what is was, a nice little filler, but that's about it.

My only complaint is those 20 minutes could have used for an additional PWC episode, especially since the writers usually seem to run out of time whenever a saga is reaching its climax but, well, never mind!

The most interesting part definitely was the announcement of Ash's Promotion Battle against Raihan. Since the latter is currently ranked 8th, I wonder what actually happend to Flint. Frankly, I don't like the idea of Flint not being part of the Masters Eight anymore.

Good to know Go's goal has reached the point where his pokemon start interfering with each other and fighting over limited space

Also poor pinsir, having to deal with a boyfriend that gets distracted by every nice-smelling girl that passes by; panpour's cold shower must be a daily occurrence
Really goes to show how Sakuragi Park fails where Oak’s Ranch succeed. Oak has acres upon acres of land full of natural habitat to the point that even wild Pokémon live there. Sakuragi Park, on the other hand, is a limited space due to being an artificial habitat that’s enclosed in a building. It might have worked at first, but the more Pokémon there are, the more there’s gonna be conflicts of basic things like space and food.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom