• Bubapedia Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Our technical staff are continuing to monitor the wiki to try and resolve these ongoing issues that are impacting page and image loading. We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll update as soon as we've got more information on this for you.

• Excited about the recently announced new Pokémon games? Join us here for discussion and speculation.
  • Visit your account preferences to list your favourite Gen 9 Starter, and you'll get the appropriate badge added to your profile!
  • All members are allowed to express their opinions, no matter how unpopular, so long as they respect others and do not claim their opinion is the only valid opinion. While we understand that there is debate regarding Goh, someone posting an opinion you disagree with does not give you the right to attack them or report the content for trolling/baiting. This notice will serve as a 0-point warning and as such, Anime & Manga staff reserve the right to jump immediately to point warnings. For more information regarding our stance on arguments and debates, see this PSA.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Preview JN108: Lucario and Gekkouga! The Wave Guidance of Destiny!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigDocFan

Cubone's Ghostly Parent
Reaction score
Summary and Partial VA list courtesy of Adamant

Before entering the Masters Eight, Satoshi and Lucario go see Gekkouga. Lucario challenges Gekkouga to a battle, but ends up being absolutely no match for it. What does Gekkouga want to tell Lucario? Lucario and Gekkouga's wave guidance now overlap!

Summary:
In order to power up before entering the Masters Eight, Satoshi and Lucario decide to go see the Gekkouga Satoshi once traveled with in the Kalos region. Lucario challenges Gekkouga to a battle, but ends up being absolutely no match for it. However, it appears Gekkouga wants to tell Lucario something? And now, Lucario and Gekkouga's wave guidance overlap!

Voice Cast:
Rica Matsumoto: Satoshi
Daiki Yamashita: Go
Ikue Ohtani: Pikachu

Rath

Reaction score
FQ13BJCacAEBj-l

Wonder what they'll call this new power-up

Rath

Reaction score
It'll just be a new move. I suspect it's probably going to be a pulse move.
It doesn't exactly need another long-range attack when it already has Aura Sphere and Steel Beam. It could however benefit from another close-range attack besides Reversal.

FinnishPokéFan92

Huggable Electric Rodent
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
It doesn't exactly need another long-range attack when it already has Aura Sphere and Steel Beam. It could however benefit from another close-range attack besides Reversal.
Lucario is perfectly viable as a special attacker. Based on JN109, my current guess is it being Dragon Pulse.

Rath

Reaction score
Lucario is perfectly viable as a special attacker. Based on JN109, my current guess is it being Dragon Pulse.
Yes but Physical/Special isn't a thing in the anime, attacks aren't divided like that here. They tend not to make any Pokemon a purely close-range or purely long-range fighter because that's boring. Movesets in the anime are about versatility and whatever looks cool

cricketlaxwolvesbandy

#JUSTICEFORASH-GRENINJA
Reaction score
Summary and Partial VA list courtesy of Adamant

Before entering the Masters Eight, Satoshi and Lucario go see Gekkouga. Lucario challenges Gekkouga to a battle, but ends up being absolutely no match for it. What does Gekkouga want to tell Lucario? Lucario and Gekkouga's wave guidance now overlap!

Summary:
In order to power up before entering the Masters Eight, Satoshi and Lucario decide to go see the Gekkouga Satoshi once traveled with in the Kalos region. Lucario challenges Gekkouga to a battle, but ends up being absolutely no match for it. However, it appears Gekkouga wants to tell Lucario something? And now, Lucario and Gekkouga's wave guidance overlap!

Voice Cast:
Rica Matsumoto: Satoshi
Daiki Yamashita: Go
Ikue Ohtani: Pikachu
Greninja wants to tell Lucario: avenge me!
To which Lucario will then proceed to loose against Raihan aka the Greninja special of choking during big battles

FinnishPokéFan92

Huggable Electric Rodent
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
Greninja wants to tell Lucario: avenge me!
To which Lucario will then proceed to loose against Raihan aka the Greninja special of choking during big battles
Greninja did well during the matches it participated in. Even in the match with Alain, it put in a lot of work.

KrspaceT

Reaction score
Greninja did well during the matches it participated in. Even in the match with Alain, it put in a lot of work.

Yeah, we have a bad habit of acting like the end result is the only thing that matters. Some of the best showings of a mon are in battles that ultimately don't go that well. Like I'd rank Leavanny's showing against Sawk (which it lost) higher than it taking down that Koffing of Roxie's, for example.

Handy Man

SoCal King K. Rool main
Reaction score
After how safe the Clemont and Bonnie episodes were, and how outstanding the Serena episode was, I am a bit worried about Greninja’s episode. If Greninja was going to return at all, I would rather it would be for rejoining Ash’s team than anything else. I’m also not a fan of the vines still existing, the Team Flare arc happened a long time ago now. I’ll try to keep an open mind and just wait for next week’s episode to air, but I have a bad feeling regardless.

Sai

Reaction score
Greninja isn't returning to Ash this episode, but they could very well end the vine crisis with Lucario and set it up for a second return in the Fall.

FinnishPokéFan92

Huggable Electric Rodent
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
After how safe the Clemont and Bonnie episodes were, and how outstanding the Serena episode was, I am a bit worried about Greninja’s episode. If Greninja was going to return at all, I would rather it would be for rejoining Ash’s team than anything else. I’m also not a fan of the vines still existing, the Team Flare arc happened a long time ago now. I’ll try to keep an open mind and just wait for next week’s episode to air, but I have a bad feeling regardless.
I don't think Greninja needs any more screentime in Ash's team after XY, but I wouldn't be opposed to it going to Oak's.

Articfoxgamez

I Exist
Reaction score
I'm split on the whole Oak's lab thing. On one hand it would lead to Greninja being able to hang out with the other Ash mons and show up in any of those episodes where Ash visits the lab. But on the other hand it feels wrong for this special Greninja with this cool power-up who is seemingly really strong to just... hang out in a fenced field behind a lab doing nothing.

Sai

Reaction score
It's probably going to remain the protector of Kalos, but that doesn't mean it can't return again. The summary flat out says Ash goes to visit Greninja rather than just bumping into him at random so he knows where he is.

FinnishPokéFan92

Huggable Electric Rodent
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
The special preview for JN109 shows Lucario using Double Team, so that move isn't getting replaced here. Meaning it'll most likely be Reversal that is to go.

cricketlaxwolvesbandy

#JUSTICEFORASH-GRENINJA
Reaction score
Greninja still has fucking Cut. BOOOOO
Greninja is getting pawned so that Lucario can not be a disappointment like Greninja was... disgusting. If we get Ash-Lucario I’m going to barf

Status
Not open for further replies.