• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN108: Lucario and Gekkouga! The Wave Guidance of Destiny!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aw you guys know this premise just reminded me of?
The theories and headcanons people used to have about Greninja training Sobble (back when people thought Sobble was going to Ash)
And now here we have Greninja coming back to train another Blue Pokemon

It just gave me a nostalgic and bittersweet feeling really

(Tbh I still kinda wish that had happened instead, because Lord knows Goh's Starters sure as hell NEED someone to train them a hell of a lot more than Ash’s Lucario does)

I feel like Ash's Greninja, in the time that he was away from Ash, had completed his end of the deal with Zygarde and that every last evil-infested root left behind by Lysandre's attack was destroyed. If Ash still has the Poké Ball that held Greninja, maybe after the battle between Greninja and Lucario (If the two of them do battle), Ash can welcome Greninja home...
He does still have it since in the SM flashback of how they ended up in Alola Ash gave Professor Oak 5 pokeballs for his Kalos team so Greninja isn’t released from its pokeball. He wouldn’t have it on him but all he’d have to do is give Professor Oak a call and have him send it over just like Professor Juniper did with Oshawat’s.

Dear lord, youtube is gonna be a minefield these coming weeks…

...You think that is bad? Imagine if something...stupid happens.

Like, no joke, try to imagine the internet if Goh caught Greninja.....or heck if Greninja's return isn't one of Journey's better takes on a returning cast member.

Like, no joke, try to imagine the internet if Goh caught Greninja.....or heck if Greninja's return isn't one of Journey's better takes on a returning cast member.
Well in the bright side, the former can’t happen since Grookey is nowhere near Professor Oak’s lab to smash its pokeball.

“What do you know, a completely unrelated Battle Bond Greninja knocked on our door begging to be caught by me! What are the odds?”

Greninja's something of a landmine unfortunately, since he also has something of a hatedom that will be livid if certain things happen.

Bringing back one of Ash's past Pokemon to train a new member of the team is a fantastic idea, that I don't think has been done before (not even in Johto? Pikachu being an sparring partner obviously doesn't count) but there's something about the pairing that feels...off. First because Greninja had nothing to do with aura until now, and second because it doesn't feel like Lucario needs more things. I'm positive whatever problem Lucario has regarding his moves or his relationship with Ash won't be brought up until this episode.

Bringing back one of Ash's past Pokemon to train a new member of the team is a fantastic idea, that I don't think has been done before
BW had Charizard and Pignite kinda

(not even in Johto? Pikachu being an sparring partner obviously doesn't count) but there's something about the pairing that feels...off. First because Greninja had nothing to do with aura until now, and second because it doesn't feel like Lucario needs more things. I'm positive whatever problem Lucario has regarding his moves or his relationship with Ash won't be brought up until this episode.
That's what I'm saying. It feels like they're only pairing them up because they're Ash's Aces.

There's nothing about this pair that feels organic

My first thought when I saw that episode title was how annoying the Twitter fandom is going to be :ROFLMAO:
I've been on Twitter since the episode was announced, as I'm sure some of you have, and dear god it's already igniting a firestorm of excitement. Still, it's nice to see people getting so excited for this, even if it's because they're featuring interactions between two of the most overrated and overhyped Pokemon of all time, just because they're so popular.
BW had Charizard and Pignite kinda

That's what I'm saying. It feels like they're only pairing them up because they're Ash's Aces.

There's nothing about this pair that feels organic
I actually liked the Pignite admiring Charizard thing, Pignite looked up to Charizard as a stronger, more experienced Fire type. Not to mention Pignite worried about Charizard when he got hurt. This probably served as some sort of precursor to the Noivern/Hawlucha relationship, didn't it?
Pignite admiring Charizard.gif
Pignite worried.jpg
Pignite protect Charizard.jpg

Lucario's arguably not even Ash's true "ace" this series; Dragonite might be stronger. That said, Lucario and Greninja are both extremely popular and cool Pokemon; that's probably why they're having them interact like this.

Lucario's arguably not even Ash's true "ace" this series; Dragonite might be stronger. That said, Lucario and Greninja are both extremely popular and cool Pokemon; that's probably why they're having them interact like this.

-Lucario has Mega-Evolution, Pikachu has Z-move and Gengar has Gigantamax, no way that Dragonite is his ace. At most Dragonite can gain the dignity of obliterating (or being obliterated) by Leon's Dragapult.

-Lucario has Mega-Evolution, Pikachu has Z-move and Gengar has Gigantamax, no way that Dragonite is his ace. At most Dragonite can gain the dignity of obliterating (or being obliterated) by Leon's Dragapult.
Don't forget though, Ash's Dragonite beat a Mega Lucario already by itself.

Don't forget though, Ash's Dragonite beat a Mega Lucario already by itself.
True, but Korrina's Lucario and Ash's Lucario are two different individuals. It's important to point out that Ash's Lucario was able to defeat Bea's Machamp, who is heavily implied to have beaten Korrina's Lucario. That all but confirms that Ash's Lucario is stronger than Korrina's.

Speaking of its a shame Zygarde (probably) isn't appearing here, but then again it wouldn't feel right without Bonnie anyhow.
It makes no sense for Zygarde to not be there though. If Greninja is bumming about fighting Lucario, who's going to protect Zygarde? Additionally, they could have made it a two-parter if they removed the filler before it.

Bringing back one of Ash's past Pokemon to train a new member of the team is a fantastic idea, that I don't think has been done before (not even in Johto? Pikachu being an sparring partner obviously doesn't count) but there's something about the pairing that feels...off. First because Greninja had nothing to do with aura until now, and second because it doesn't feel like Lucario needs more things. I'm positive whatever problem Lucario has regarding his moves or his relationship with Ash won't be brought up until this episode.
If anything Dracovish could have used the training more since it shows up the least of all of Ash's Journey mon. Greninja and Dracovish both water types that have mysterious pasts. Dracovish also forms from two halves like Zygarde Complete.

Last edited:
True, but Korrina's Lucario and Ash's Lucario are two different individuals. It's important to point out that Ash's Lucario was able to defeat Bea's Machamp, who is heavily implied to have beaten Korrina's Lucario. That all but confirms that Ash's Lucario is stronger than Korrina's.
That's true too. I do wonder who's stronger though, Dragonite or Lucario? It's definitely between the two of them as Ash's ace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom