• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN108: Lucario and Gekkouga! The Wave Guidance of Destiny!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strong due to the writers giving them buffs when required.

Almost none of their feats feel earned, instead some are asspulls.

Without continuous onscreen development, it is not believable.

I'd rather have Satoshi lose, badly, and realise that he needs either reinforcements.....
Or swap the full team, sans Pikachu, for his past Aces.
Yeah . Only Dragonite's feats feel earned .
No doubt this one of his strongest team, but I just can't see them matching to Lance/Cynthia/Leon level . Ash has swapped with reserves with in Sinnoh before. It isnt a bad thing and wouldn't be a disgrace or something to his current team , granted they actually get some good moments like his Sinnoh team got in the league except Torterra .

Last edited:
Yeah . Only Dragonite's feats feel earned .
No doubt this one of his strongest team, but I just can't see them matching to Lance/Cynthia/Leon level . Ash has swapped with reserves with in Sinnoh before. It isnt a bad thing and wouldn't be a disgrace or something to his current team , granted they actually get some good moments like his Sinnoh team got in the league except Torterra .
He can't switch to reserves though because all fights in the tournament are 3 vs. 3 and only 8 trainers get to participate. This means Ash uses all of his current team to get up to fighting Leon. Even if he DID use reserves on Leon, it would only be 3 Pokémon at max. It would also make sense to keep on using his current team at that point since it carried him that far.

The tournament could end up like this:
Round 1: Pikachu, Gengar, Dracovish
Semifinals: Dragonite, Lucario, Sirfetch'd
Finals: Pikachu, Lucario, Dracovish

Honestly, the fact that it's all 3 vs. 3 from Ultra cup on really limits what Ash can use.

He can't switch to reserves though because all fights in the tournament are 3 vs. 3 and only 8 trainers get to participate. This means Ash uses all of his current team to get up to fighting Leon. Even if he DID use reserves on Leon, it would only be 3 Pokémon at max. It would also make sense to keep on using his current team at that point since it carried him that far.

Honestly, the fact that it's all 3 vs. 3 from Ultra cup on really limits what Ash can use.
The Master Class being 3 v 3 would be B.S.

I really don't understand where you got this from. They never said Master Class had any set pokemon rules and they certainly never said the matches were 3 on 3.

Hyper class was assumed to be 3 on 3 but then we got 1 on 1 with Marnie and now 2 on 2 with Drasna, so there clearly isn't any set rule or pattern to these things.

I really don't understand where you got this from. They never said Master Class had any set pokemon rules and they certainly never said the matches were 3 on 3.

Hyper class was assumed to be 3 on 3 but then we got 1 on 1 with Marnie and now 2 on 2 with Drasna, so there clearly isn't any set rule or pattern to these things.
Exactly. For all we know, the Master Class could end up being nothing but full 6 on 6 battles (at least I hope so. :))

I could have sworn it was mentioned that the tournament would all be 3 Vs. 3.

Maybe you heard that about the Ultra Class and you thought it was the Master Class? I actually might have heard the same thing about the Ultra Class. Regardless, it ended up being false anyway.
OK, that's a relief! I do hope it's all 6 vs. 6 battles then.

It has to be since all of Ash's current team are intended to face him. I don't know why anyone would think otherwise.

Someone has said that this Gekkouga is the rumoured Keromatsu that Gou will be catching.

What do you think about this theory?

Edit: I am going to reformulate.

There are rumours about Gou catching a Keromatsu, either on JN103 or JN104.
And that person said that this episode's Gekkouga is going to be that one fully evolved instead of Satoshi's.

Last edited:
Someone has said that this Gekkouga is the rumoured Keromatsu that Gou will be catching.

And that person said that this episode's Gekkouga is going to be that one fully evolved instead of Satoshi's.
It's just trolling. Some tweets from official sources confirm that the Greninja from the opening is Ash's Greninja. But more importantly, I don't see why they would rush a Froakie's evolution (in just 5 episodes without any of them focused completely on it!) instead of giving Goh a Greninja right away if they really wanted one in the cast.

Goh-Greninja time.
Doubt. Didn’t they confirm the Greninja to be Ash’s?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom