• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN108: Lucario and Gekkouga! The Wave Guidance of Destiny!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like those killer vines are still a problem...

Jeez Grenny. It's been 5 years going on 6. Shouldn't you have taken care of those things by now?

You think after all this time those vibes would be gone. I still have issues with that. You saw Zygarde use its power on the whole region. How is it that there's some leftover and they just keep coming back?

You do remember that Satoshi is still ten, right?

Why do I feel nothing for this episode?

This is supposed to be Greninja's comeback. The very first time we've seen him in like 5 years

An episode about a Lucario and a Greninja training together sounds amazing on paper

Yet this is the episode that I feel the least excited for right after that TRio episode

I'm far more interested in seeing Serena, Yamper, The Alola Gang, and whatever the hell Goh and Tokio have going on than I am to see Greninja again.

I have failed as a Greninja fan... I'm so sorry

Wait I think I realized why I don't feel any hype for this..

All the other episodes I'm actually excited for actually feel like there will be some kind of satisfying payoff in the outcome

This just feels like Fanservice but when you look at the bigger picture, things start to get less exciting.

Greninja's back but at what cost? He's only here as a tool to push Lucario's development even further, The Vines are still a thing, he more than likely isn't coming back to stay with Ash after all is said and done and he will probably be quickly forgotten about by the writers after this episode is over.

How are Greninja's fans supposed to feel satisfied with that?

Wait I think I realized why I don't feel any hype for this..

All the other episodes I'm actually excited for actually feel like there will be some kind of satisfying payoff in the outcome

This just feels like Fanservice but when you look at the bigger picture, things start to get less exciting.

Greninja's back but at what cost? He's only here as a tool to push Lucario's development even further, The Vines are still a thing, he more than likely isn't coming back to stay with Ash after all is said and done and he will probably be quickly forgotten about by the writers after this episode is over.

How are Greninja's fans supposed to feel satisfied with that?
It’ll probably just turn into Infernape’s return with some extra steps.

I went back to that Anipoke chat, and look at what I found.....

'.....Lucario and Greninja fight against the vines, getting deeper and deeper..... before they had sensed the node where all those things grow from, in a surprising move, Lucario blasts Greninja away, deciding to use all of its power to seal itself and the source of the vines. Leaping at it while releasing its full aura and encasing itself with that node, preventing it from creating sending vines to the surface since now it has to use them to fight Lucario to attempt an escape from the seal. They will clash with each other for an indefinite amount of time. Greninja rejoins the team to honor its fallen mentee's sacrifice......'

It still seems better than whatever they would come up with.
Though, Satoshi didn't express anything about losing Lucario, and that was OC.

New summary!

FPtfD7bUYAg4lLS

They're just visiting Greninja to power up Lucario.

Since Lucario already got Mega Evolution I'm not sure how else would Greninja help power him up. Maybe "power up" just means regular old training, but that seems a bit anti-climactic...

inb4Ash-Lucarioconfirmed

I'm wondering what this "tell Lucario something about Greninja" part is about.

But yeah this does feel sort of weird; I guess Ash-Greninja is the closest Ash has to a previous Pokémon that could Mega Evolve but it's not like it has some unrivalled combat feat that makes it the number 1 Pokémon for Ash to visit for powering up.

I'm wondering what this "tell Lucario something about Greninja" part is about.

But yeah this does feel sort of weird; I guess Ash-Greninja is the closest Ash has to a previous Pokémon that could Mega Evolve but it's not like it has some unrivalled combat feat that makes it the number 1 Pokémon for Ash to visit for powering up.
Aside from both being able to "Mega Evolve", they also share a similar spiritual connection to Ash. With Greninja, it's the Bond Phenomenon. With Lucario, it's Aura.

That’s depressing, especially if Greninja doesn’t go back with Ash... I can’t believe Serena might be better handled then Greninja
On the other hand, this makes it out that Ash knows exactly where Greninja is and as such, the writers could easily pull a Charizard with it and bring it back at any time they wanted.

All this proves is Greninja is much stronger than Lucario and it would be weird for Ash not to use some older pokemon in the Masters 8.

All this proves is Greninja is much stronger than Lucario and it would be weird for Ash not to use some older pokemon in the Masters 8.

Greninja is pretty much being used as a plot device to have Lucario train for one episode and justify becoming a powerhouse all of a sudden.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom