• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN108: Lucario and Gekkouga! The Wave Guidance of Destiny!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think bigger, we can go with Dynamaxed Mega Lucario empowered by Bond Phenomenon performing Corkscrew Crash and still failing to beat that fucking Charizard because we all know he will
Let’s go bigger than that. Ash will have the Steelium-Z turn into the Ash exclusive Lucarium-Z unleashing Ultima Aura Sphere bringing down an Aura Sphere so big that it would make the Spirit Bomb proud only for Charizard to no sell it.

Let’s go bigger than that. Ash will have the Steelium-Z turn into the Ash exclusive Lucarium-Z unleashing Ultima Aura Sphere bringing down an Aura Sphere so big that it would make the Spirit Bomb proud only for Charizard to no sell it.
And then to add insult to injury, Charizard oneshots Lucario and the rest of his teammates with a basic Scratch attack each.

And then to add insult to injury, Charizard oneshots Lucario and the rest of his teammates with a basic Scratch attack each.
This has basically become the make the worst episode thread right here. This would be such an insulting episode.

This has basically become the make the worst episode thread right here. This would be such an insulting episode.
Objection! This would be the most entertaining episode in history, from the standpoint of "the fandom is finally going to blow itself up into a million tiny macro-molecules and we can't miss it". :p

Greninja's long awaited return is coming and we're all joking about Charizard instead. Those two are irrevocably chained together now.

Are we sure Articuno is the Pokémon whose got almost the same name as Freeza in Japan?

Objection! This would be the most entertaining episode in history, from the standpoint of "the fandom is finally going to blow itself up into a million tiny macro-molecules and we can't miss it". :p
To be honest I don't think anything showing Charizard favouritism can really surprise us anymore.
Plus I sort of suspect since most Pokémon anime watcher also play the games the combination of Dexit happening and the various BD/SP controversies has potentially left the fandom too tired for another big argument right now.

On the other hand I didn't expect anything to get more backlash than Tobias and then Kalos happened, so I could be wrong.

Greninja's long awaited return is coming and we're all joking about Charizard instead. Those two are irrevocably chained together now.
Well, after how controversial Greninja's loss to Charizard was, combined with the latter getting constantly shilled as the Objectively Most Powerfulest Pokemon Ever™ despite that portrayal being fairly inaccurate to actual gameplay (which actually stands out quite a bit in this specific case, because Greninja is actually one of the most powerful starters in competitive even without the Ash-Greninja form whereas Charizard is heavily dependent on its many super modes to even get anywhere close to the frog's level of efficiency), it was destined to happen, really.

Are we sure Articuno is the Pokémon whose got almost the same name as Freeza in Japan?
To be fair, naming a Fire-type after cold temperatures probably wouldn't have worked XD

To be honest I don't think anything showing Charizard favouritism can really surprise us anymore.
Plus I sort of suspect since most Pokémon anime watcher also play the games the combination of Dexit happening and the various BD/SP controversies has potentially left the fandom too tired for another big argument right now.

On the other hand I didn't expect anything to get more backlash than Tobias and then Kalos happened, so I could be wrong.
All of this is true. Though I am really scared of how exactly they're gonna top themselves with the Charizard shilling because, well, just look at all the ridiculous stuff we've already seen in the name of Charizard Glorification:
  • We've seen a Jolteon being OHKO'd by a non-STAB Thunderbolt coming off of a Pokemon with garbage Special Attack.
  • We've seen almost all Mega Evolutions have their standout appearances be "get pummeled by Mega Charizard X" including the other Mega Charizard. Who was one-shotted by a Flamethrower.
  • We've seen numerous pseudo-legendaries being relegated to jobber duty.
  • We've seen a Water-type being essentially one-shotted by a Fire-type attack.
It's like, dear Arceus, what could the writers possibly do that could be worse than all of those? XD

All of this is true. Though I am really scared of how exactly they're gonna top themselves with the Charizard shilling because, well, just look at all the ridiculous stuff we've already seen in the name of Charizard Glorification:
  • We've seen a Jolteon being OHKO'd by a non-STAB Thunderbolt coming off of a Pokemon with garbage Special Attack.
  • We've seen almost all Mega Evolutions have their standout appearances be "get pummeled by Mega Charizard X" including the other Mega Charizard. Who was one-shotted by a Flamethrower.
  • We've seen numerous pseudo-legendaries being relegated to jobber duty.
  • We've seen a Water-type being essentially one-shotted by a Fire-type attack.
It's like, dear Arceus, what could the writers possibly do that could be worse than all of those? XD
Why the worse thing's name is right there! The next logical step is that they will have Charizard OHKO a non weakend Arceus. Truly cementing them as the strongest Pokemon through the power of shilling.

FQI4ZqiaAAQbFOp

Awaiting translation

FQI4ZqiaAAQbFOp

Awaiting translation
I'm going to take a guess at the top left images and assume they will kind of, mix the bond phenomenon and mega evolution together, but through Aura instead of... whatever was up with Greninja (And without the Design change sense the mega evolving does that already)

My guess is its just Ash and Lucario's connection through the Aura reaching its peak. Kinda looking forward to it, though I'm not looking forward to the review thread. Just please tell me they can end this whole vine issue though.
Lucario getting his own version of "Battle Bond" pretty much cements Greninja staying in Kalos. Greninja is being used as an obstacle for Lucario to overcome and surpass.

A new Lucario form isn't something I mind too much: Lucario's been a bit adrift for a bit in game and a new push is hardly a bad thing. Though I mean you could also just bring the Mega back GF.

A new Lucario form isn't something I mind too much: Lucario's been a bit adrift for a bit in game and a new push is hardly a bad thing. Though I mean you could also just bring the Mega back GF.
I doubt its happening, though not gonna lie, I hope it wouldn't cause it would just lead to complaints. Mega Evolution returning though would be great, especially over a new battle gimmick for the games.

Lucario getting his own version of "Battle Bond" pretty much cements Greninja staying in Kalos. Greninja is being used as an obstacle for Lucario to overcome and surpass.
It still doesn't mean it can't come back later. I don't think anyone is expecting Greninja to rejoin Ash in this particular episode. But they can leave the door open.

Can’t wait for this to be Greninja’s only appearance in this series.
Greninja: What is my purpose?
Ash: To make sure Lucario doesn’t end up like you
Greninja: OH MY GOD.
He’s going to get done worse than Infernape. Not looking forward to this episode unless Greninja goes to Oak’s so that at least Ash has access to him.

Can’t wait for this to be Greninja’s only appearance in this series.
Greninja: What is my purpose?
Ash: To make sure Lucario doesn’t end up like you
Greninja: OH MY GOD.
He’s going to get done worse than Infernape. Not looking forward to this episode unless Greninja goes to Oak’s so that at least Ash has access to him.
I’d even settle on this episode changing Greninja’s status to being a Pokémon Ash can call on at any time like how Charizard was and Goodra and Squirtle are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom