• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN108: Lucario and Gekkouga! The Wave Guidance of Destiny!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Summary and Partial VA list courtesy of Adamant

Before entering the Masters Eight, Satoshi and Lucario go see Gekkouga. Lucario challenges Gekkouga to a battle, but ends up being absolutely no match for it. What does Gekkouga want to tell Lucario? Lucario and Gekkouga's wave guidance now overlap!

Summary:
In order to power up before entering the Masters Eight, Satoshi and Lucario decide to go see the Gekkouga Satoshi once traveled with in the Kalos region. Lucario challenges Gekkouga to a battle, but ends up being absolutely no match for it. However, it appears Gekkouga wants to tell Lucario something? And now, Lucario and Gekkouga's wave guidance overlap!

Voice Cast:
Rica Matsumoto: Satoshi
Daiki Yamashita: Go
Ikue Ohtani: Pikachu

FQ13BJCacAEBj-l

Wonder what they'll call this new power-up

It'll just be a new move. I suspect it's probably going to be a pulse move.
It doesn't exactly need another long-range attack when it already has Aura Sphere and Steel Beam. It could however benefit from another close-range attack besides Reversal.

It doesn't exactly need another long-range attack when it already has Aura Sphere and Steel Beam. It could however benefit from another close-range attack besides Reversal.
Lucario is perfectly viable as a special attacker. Based on JN109, my current guess is it being Dragon Pulse.

Lucario is perfectly viable as a special attacker. Based on JN109, my current guess is it being Dragon Pulse.
Yes but Physical/Special isn't a thing in the anime, attacks aren't divided like that here. They tend not to make any Pokemon a purely close-range or purely long-range fighter because that's boring. Movesets in the anime are about versatility and whatever looks cool

Summary and Partial VA list courtesy of Adamant

Before entering the Masters Eight, Satoshi and Lucario go see Gekkouga. Lucario challenges Gekkouga to a battle, but ends up being absolutely no match for it. What does Gekkouga want to tell Lucario? Lucario and Gekkouga's wave guidance now overlap!

Summary:
In order to power up before entering the Masters Eight, Satoshi and Lucario decide to go see the Gekkouga Satoshi once traveled with in the Kalos region. Lucario challenges Gekkouga to a battle, but ends up being absolutely no match for it. However, it appears Gekkouga wants to tell Lucario something? And now, Lucario and Gekkouga's wave guidance overlap!

Voice Cast:
Rica Matsumoto: Satoshi
Daiki Yamashita: Go
Ikue Ohtani: Pikachu
Greninja wants to tell Lucario: avenge me!
To which Lucario will then proceed to loose against Raihan aka the Greninja special of choking during big battles

Greninja wants to tell Lucario: avenge me!
To which Lucario will then proceed to loose against Raihan aka the Greninja special of choking during big battles
Greninja did well during the matches it participated in. Even in the match with Alain, it put in a lot of work.

Greninja did well during the matches it participated in. Even in the match with Alain, it put in a lot of work.

Yeah, we have a bad habit of acting like the end result is the only thing that matters. Some of the best showings of a mon are in battles that ultimately don't go that well. Like I'd rank Leavanny's showing against Sawk (which it lost) higher than it taking down that Koffing of Roxie's, for example.

After how safe the Clemont and Bonnie episodes were, and how outstanding the Serena episode was, I am a bit worried about Greninja’s episode. If Greninja was going to return at all, I would rather it would be for rejoining Ash’s team than anything else. I’m also not a fan of the vines still existing, the Team Flare arc happened a long time ago now. I’ll try to keep an open mind and just wait for next week’s episode to air, but I have a bad feeling regardless.

Greninja isn't returning to Ash this episode, but they could very well end the vine crisis with Lucario and set it up for a second return in the Fall.

After how safe the Clemont and Bonnie episodes were, and how outstanding the Serena episode was, I am a bit worried about Greninja’s episode. If Greninja was going to return at all, I would rather it would be for rejoining Ash’s team than anything else. I’m also not a fan of the vines still existing, the Team Flare arc happened a long time ago now. I’ll try to keep an open mind and just wait for next week’s episode to air, but I have a bad feeling regardless.
I don't think Greninja needs any more screentime in Ash's team after XY, but I wouldn't be opposed to it going to Oak's.

I'm split on the whole Oak's lab thing. On one hand it would lead to Greninja being able to hang out with the other Ash mons and show up in any of those episodes where Ash visits the lab. But on the other hand it feels wrong for this special Greninja with this cool power-up who is seemingly really strong to just... hang out in a fenced field behind a lab doing nothing.

It's probably going to remain the protector of Kalos, but that doesn't mean it can't return again. The summary flat out says Ash goes to visit Greninja rather than just bumping into him at random so he knows where he is.

Greninja still has fucking Cut. BOOOOO
Greninja is getting pawned so that Lucario can not be a disappointment like Greninja was... disgusting. If we get Ash-Lucario I’m going to barf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom