• Bubapedia Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Our technical staff are continuing to monitor the wiki to try and resolve these ongoing issues that are impacting page and image loading. We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll update as soon as we've got more information on this for you.

• Excited about the recently announced new Pokémon games? Join us here for discussion and speculation.
  • Visit your account preferences to list your favourite Gen 9 Starter, and you'll get the appropriate badge added to your profile!
  • All members are allowed to express their opinions, no matter how unpopular, so long as they respect others and do not claim their opinion is the only valid opinion. While we understand that there is debate regarding Goh, someone posting an opinion you disagree with does not give you the right to attack them or report the content for trolling/baiting. This notice will serve as a 0-point warning and as such, Anime & Manga staff reserve the right to jump immediately to point warnings. For more information regarding our stance on arguments and debates, see this PSA.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Preview JN109: VS Kibana! Battle for Masters Eight!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KrspaceT

Reaction score
Well....are the rumors going to be true? I mean...do we have time for that specific sort of arc?

FinnishPokéFan92

Huggable Electric Rodent
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
Seems to me like Raihan has fallen out of Masters 8, based on this.

Konja7

Reaction score
There were episode title rumors, one of them being that Raihan would be Ash's final Ultra Class opponent.
There were also synopsis in this rumors. These accidentally revealed the outcome of the battle in Episode 109.

JinksChow

Reaction score
Since Lucario just got a power-up in the previous episode, I'm guessing that it'll be the star of the battle in this episode.

FinnishPokéFan92

Huggable Electric Rodent
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
Hmm, based off this I figure one of two things will happen:
*Ash loses to Raihan here, gets into the Master 8 later by beating Paul, and Raihan is his first M8 opponent, followed by Cynthia and Leon.
*Ash wins now, Paul is a non-PWC match. His Master 8 opponents are Raihan, Cynthia, and Leon.
If Ash is battling Raihan in the Ultra Class, I don't necessarily see the latter returning for the Master Class.

Lightning Flame Blast

Feel the grace
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
Yes, finally the time has come to settle this rivalry that has been so expertly set up through the 82 episodes since Raihan’s debut!

Wait…

Sai

Reaction score
Yes, finally the time has come to settle this rivalry that has been so expertly set up through the 82 episodes since Raihan’s debut!

Wait…
Well they never set up a rivalry, Raihan just took notice of Ash since he wanted to battle Leon. Interesting thing is Raihan is said to be near champion level in the games

Articfoxgamez

I Exist
Reaction score
I think Raihan is still masters 8, just presumably well, the 8th one so the one people in 9th place battle to get into the masters 8. I feel like the Battle for masters eight thing is just referring to Ash and not both of them.

BigDocFan

Cubone's Ghostly Parent
Reaction score
Guessing Lucario will be used after the events of the last episode, would prefer to see Lucario dynamax instead of Mega Evolving

Rath

Reaction score
I think there's a chance Raihan will remain in the Masters 8 even if Ash beats him here, but lose to Leon again in the first round of the tournament

If Flint dropped from 7 to 8 after losing to Leon, the same should be true of Raihan and Leon's battle way back then. I still expect Flint to be the guy who gets booted from the Masters 8

Schemer99

Reaction score
Just one episode? Geez, that sucks. All of the Master 8 fights should be at least two-parters imo.

swampertus

Reaction score
Remembering disappointed face of Ash in the trailer I assume he has to lose at least once before his battle against Leon. So, it will either be against Iris or Raihan.

Rath

Reaction score
Just one episode? Geez, that sucks. All of the Master 8 fights should be at least two-parters imo.
This isn't a "Masters 8 fight" because Ash isn't in the Masters 8 yet. He's not battling them one by one. He's just battling someone to get into the Masters 8, and then there'll be a tournament amongst the Masters 8 members, like the one Leon and Lance were the finalists in.

puddleths

Reaction score
I'll appreciate this if they actually go back on the class restriction nonsense. It was always a bad stipulation, especially pertaining to the Masters 8.

Konja7

Reaction score

I don't know if the leaks about the future episode are totally true, but these imply that Ash will lost this battle.

Rath

Reaction score
I don't know if the leaks about the future episode are totally true, but these imply that Ash will lost this battle.
They're fake, because the airdate of the Raihan episode was wrong among other things

FQzMISLVgAU5vmd

It's a fake leak, anything that came true is a coincidence

Status
Not open for further replies.