• Bubapedia Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Our technical staff are continuing to monitor the wiki to try and resolve these ongoing issues that are impacting page and image loading. We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll update as soon as we've got more information on this for you.

• Excited about the recently announced new Pokémon games? Join us here for discussion and speculation.
  • Visit your account preferences to list your favourite Gen 9 Starter, and you'll get the appropriate badge added to your profile!
  • All members are allowed to express their opinions, no matter how unpopular, so long as they respect others and do not claim their opinion is the only valid opinion. While we understand that there is debate regarding Goh, someone posting an opinion you disagree with does not give you the right to attack them or report the content for trolling/baiting. This notice will serve as a 0-point warning and as such, Anime & Manga staff reserve the right to jump immediately to point warnings. For more information regarding our stance on arguments and debates, see this PSA.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Preview JN109: VS Kibana! Battle for Masters Eight!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShashaR

Sinnoh Leauge Crusher
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
I fear the master's 8 tourney simply because Cynthia is in it and no matter who she looses to there will be mass complaining from the internet because its Cynthia and people are too hung up over the fact that they had trouble beating her in gen 4.
Yup . Not gonna hate, but people overrate her a lot . Maybe it's just me but there's no definite toughest battle in pokemon . All depend on your team and how prepared u are .

Rath

Reaction score
IF Alain is in, he'll probably job to Leon round 1 (basically Alain vs Trevor with Alain in Trevor's role)

Sai

Reaction score
IF Alain is in, he'll probably job to Leon round 1 (basically Alain vs Trevor with Alain in Trevor's role)
There's no point to bring back an anime exclusive character who isn't a champion in the games if Ash doesn't face him. They would have just used Flint or Wallace or whoever if they had an extra slot to fill. If anything Alan battling Steven makes more sense at first then Ash.

KrspaceT

Reaction score
If Ash only gets three it will likely be Lance Cynthia and Leon.

Daren

Surprisingly well rehearsed
Reaction score
I would have agreed before Alan. My guess is somehow Ash battles more than 3 people if they do a round Robin tourney going by points
He might have non some-tournament Master battles, like some of Leon's matches we've seen, though the idea of a round robin has occured to me (has the show done one since that portion of the Johto League?), but it might be a tight fit in terms of episode numbers. Perhaps it'll depend on if this gets a normal league number of episodes or Alola numbers.

FinnishPokéFan92

Huggable Electric Rodent
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
I would have agreed before Alan. My guess is somehow Ash battles more than 3 people if they do a round Robin tourney going by points
He might have non some-tournament Master battles, like some of Leon's matches we've seen, though the idea of a round robin has occured to me (has the show done one since that portion of the Johto League?), but it might be a tight fit in terms of episode numbers. Perhaps it'll depend on if this gets a normal league number of episodes or Alola numbers.
JN013 confirmed the tournament will be a regular single elimination tournament.

BigDocFan

Cubone's Ghostly Parent
Reaction score
I'm curious to see if Chloe will be watching the match, either from home or visit the stadium as she did show interest in the previous two episodes

Enzo

Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
I mean, to be fair tho, considering this is literally a battle to see who gets to enter the Top 8, there's no reason on why hide who's in said Top 8.

Of course, they could reveal who's in later, cuz like,,, it's not necessarily a "now or never" situation but again, it makes no sense for them to choose to not reveal them now.

KrspaceT

Reaction score
On Ash opponents, I kind of wonder if we might see a G9 character. I say that not because I think Ash and Leon will be curb stomped like someone using a card from a new YUGIOH expansion pack against a worf, but because of Ash's Electric First Round streak. I could see Pokemon co decide to reveal a G9 E4 or something who specializes in eletric types for the role and sacrifice....well Lance I guess as an Ash opponent.

IDK, seems unlikely but it isn't the worst idea in the world.

A Wild Luxray

Hear me roar!
Reaction score
Its not a bad idea. They haven't really used the anime to tease the next generation since the end of BW where Alexa teased Kalos and a couple Pokemon like Helioptile, Gogoat, and Noivern.

KrspaceT

Reaction score
Its not a bad idea. They haven't really used the anime to tease the next generation since the end of BW where Alexa teased Kalos and a couple Pokemon like Helioptile, Gogoat, and Noivern.

...Heck, I don't think they even did that with SM at all. XY at least had the Magearna movie.

Plus, if that talk of 'the anime is specifically creating episodes to get our attention' is true, what is more attention grabbing then that?

Okay....I can think of a few things, but when Ash's dad is one of the more likely options you get the idea.

Konja7

Reaction score
JN013 confirmed the tournament will be a regular single elimination tournament.

I don't think this was confirmed. We only know there will be a tournament between Masters 8, but we don't know the model for this tournament.

FinnishPokéFan92

Huggable Electric Rodent
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
I don't think this was confirmed. We only know there will be a tournament between Masters 8, but we don't know the model for this tournament.
Actually, we do. We saw the tournament table when Goh described the tournament to Ash in episode 13.

Daren

Surprisingly well rehearsed
Reaction score
To be fair I think it's likely the tournament this year will be different than that one simply because they're probably not going to have Ash vs Leon be a one on one like Lance was.

But I think a round robin is unlikely; though Ash having some normal challenges against other Master Eight strikes me as plausible, though not guaranteed with how much time we have left.

KrspaceT

Reaction score
I kind of feel sorry for Raihan. It's likely he'll lose against Ash although it was revealed in this week's episode that he wants to win the PWC just as much as Ash does.

To be fair, that's with most leagues. I mean Alola is a bit of an exception, but every 200ish person at Indigo, Silver, Ever Grande, etc wanted to win. Only one of them can.

Status
Not open for further replies.