• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN109: VS Kibana! Battle for Masters Eight!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go figure Dragonite and Genger get in on the action (and a Goodra)...and it's an episode with meh animation. :cry:

I'm kind of hoping Ash loses here just so we can get a victory episode with better animation...

So I was on Twitter and I saw a twitter post of a Flygon v Dragonite fight that looked like Dragonite was losing and said twitter was going 'FINALLY!'

Um...why? Dragonite's pretty popular from what I've seen.

So I was on Twitter and I saw a twitter post of a Flygon v Dragonite fight that looked like Dragonite was losing and said twitter was going 'FINALLY!'

Um...why? Dragonite's pretty popular from what I've seen.
Perhaps some people don't like Dragonite's currently unbroken winning streak, for some reason.

Perhaps some people don't like Dragonite's currently unbroken winning streak, for some reason.

I mean people get upset when Ash wins for a bit, and it is isn't even that much. Dragonite gets big wins, not a ton of them.

(Also if that happens you are going to have those people who care more for win percentages than the wins themselves get snippy. Let's say Dragonite has four battles we have some results for: Golurk, Korrina, Iris, Raihan. If she, and I think Dragonite's a she, loses, that's a 75% win rate, and heck remove Golurk and it is 66%. Yet beating a champion and a mega evolution in a solo carry is hardly a drab showing).

This battle is going to be like Volkner’s where it’s great until the gimmick ruins everything
Or going to be like Bea where it’s terrible all around
If I see Mega Lucario win it for Ash it’s proof that they give jack shit about Greninja
Like this is just depressing... #JusticeforGreninja

It’s become increasingly annoying that the series hasn’t shown Ash’s rank fluctuating up and down as the other trainers in the tournament did there own battling, now that we’ve seen Flint was number 8 a few episodes ago and Raihan is number 8 now - just makes no sense that Ash’s rank stays static and only moves after o r of his own battles… but whatever - I can get over it.

I wonder if Flint is still in the Master Class or if he’s been knocked down to Ultra Class?

I’ve no doubt Ash is winning this, just wondering if it’ll be a two parter - I don’t think so sadly but I’m very happy with the Pokémon being used… I’m pretty certain Lucario will be the star here, by all rights Gengar should get a win (especially if it’s gonna G-Max) as it’s win % is still pretty low. That of course means if there is gonna be a fall guy who doesn’t get a win - I’ll put my money on Dragonite, but entirely possible they all get one win each.

On the topic of animation - I can’t see what’s wrong with Legends Arceus despite the whole world telling me it looks like a Grimer’s backside, but then I suppose visuals is never a huge priority for me. I get that it should be more so for a Tv show, and I feel like I can recognise really good animation but I do t notice the opposite.

I’m always more concerned about the ‘choreography‘ of the battle - how the Pokémon move around the battle field and where they launch the attacks from, which I suppose is conveyed through good animation but I’ll give an example of a good looking battle with bad choreography: Goodra vs Slurpuff at the Kalos league - they both stood in the same spot and just launched attacks at each other. It was like exactly what you’d see on screen playing the games. I think The choreography of this battle is bound to be good because we’ve got a lot of very mobile Pokémon participating.

This battle is going to be like Volkner’s where it’s great until the gimmick ruins everything
Or going to be like Bea where it’s terrible all around
If I see Mega Lucario win it for Ash it’s proof that they give jack shit about Greninja
Like this is just depressing... #JusticeforGreninja
Not to mention GMax Gengar being pointless if it can't even get a decent victory over shill-mon (well, more shill than Gengar).

Also I still don't get why Greninja had to protect Zygarde if it lost against Mega Charizard X, shouldn't Charizard have been the one to protect Zygarde instead? Why even LET Greninja be a bodyguard if it's lost its one power-up (guessing it can't use it without Ash) and after such a dumb loss against a Fire type? Alain's Charizard could still technically use the Mega Stone if it also kept the Key Stone.

Last edited:
It wasn't about power, but Greninja's ability to detect those roots.
Then give Alain's Charizard that ability instead so he can finally lose something. Greninja didn't deserve to be written off only to come back for a training episode for a shillmon. I know Oak's lab isn't a great alternative but at least that way we know where Greninja IS.

Then give Alain's Charizard that ability
I am rooting for Lucario to get it instead.

It would be more feasible since their 'Waves' are going to overlap, and then train together.

Gekkouga only needs a moveset rework, to get rid of that damned 'Cut'.

I am rooting for Lucario to get it instead.

It would be more feasible since their 'Waves' are going to overlap, and then train together.

Gekkouga only needs a moveset rework, to get rid of that damned 'Cut'.
I don't see the point of Lucario seeing the vines, since we all know Ash isn't going to release it and that whole plot point will go nowhere.

What if the vines are like cut trees though.

since we all know Ash isn't going to release it
Well, I think that he should.

Since it's bland and without depths; exists only to fight, tanking anything due to Plot Armor.
Even Porygon has a better personality than the Insipid Jackal.

Of course, the best outcome is Gekkouga rejoining and keeping on mentoring Lucario.
Maybe, continuous training would give a pinch of soul to the latter.

Just watched the subbed version of JN107. Ash and Raihan's battle is referred to as a Promotion Match. If Ash is victorious, he and Raihan swap ranks.
Taking that fact into account. I want Satoshi losing badly even more now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom