• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN109: VS Kibana! Battle for Masters Eight!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1651177381074.jpg

I think we can safely say that Flint is out
Why? Since the episode won't air for over a week we can assume the magazine is just stating the current state of the Master Class.

Interesting that Satoshi is wearing both his Dynamax band and his Mega Glove... clearly he doesn't know which he'll need more.

Personally, I want to see Lucario get a shot at being Dynamaxed.

Still haven't revealed what gimmick wil be used ? Interesting .
People complain about this episode's bad animation, but something about that Max Wyrmwind ( i think that's what GMax Duraludon is using ? ) and Dragonite slapping Flygon really pleases me .
My guess based on everything I've heard or seen thus far, (including what the Chinese leaker said,) is: Dragonite and Flygon briefly clash, with Dragonite taking quite a bit of damage from both Flygon's attacks whilst also hampered by the sandstorm. Dragonite is then recalled in favor of Gengar. Gengar also struggles to hit Flygon in the sandstorm, so Ash Gigantamaxes it and one of two things then happen (or both things.) Gengar cancels out Flygon's sandstorm with Max Hailstorm or just beats Flygon with it outright, or just from its Max moves in general. Then Goodra comes out, presumably takes some damage from Gengar's attacks but ultimately outlasts Gengar and defeats it. Then Goodra and Dragonite duke it out (I'm guessing quite a brief clash at this point, there probably won't be that much time left in the episode for a protracted battle between them,) and knock each other out. And then from there it's Mega Lucario against Gigantamax Duralodon (and we all know how that's going to end.)
Isn't only one gimmick allowed ?

People complain about this episode's bad animation, but something about that Max Wyrmwind ( i think that's what GMax Duraludon is using ? ) and Dragonite slapping Flygon really pleases me .
Since it's Gigantamax Duraludon, that's not Wyrmwind, but its signature G-Max Move.
Isn't only one gimmick allowed ?
Correct.

I fear the master's 8 tourney simply because Cynthia is in it and no matter who she looses to there will be mass complaining from the internet because its Cynthia and people are too hung up over the fact that they had trouble beating her in gen 4.

Anyways on the gimmick, assuming only one is still allowed it feels weird for them to do this whole "what is he gonna use!" thing when it would be dumb not to use mega evolution given Lucario just learned how to do a new... thing.

I fear the master's 8 tourney simply because Cynthia is in it and no matter who she looses to there will be mass complaining from the internet because its Cynthia and people are too hung up over the fact that they had trouble beating her in gen 4.

Anyways on the gimmick, assuming only one is still allowed it feels weird for them to do this whole "what is he gonna use!" thing when it would be dumb not to use mega evolution given Lucario just learned how to do a new... thing.

I've mostly accepted that Cynthia is almost certainly going to go up against Leon and lose. It's just the most straighforward narrative direction given that Leon's beaten Lance, Raihan, and Flint already. Beating them again isn't that impressive.

You're likely correct, even though people getting upset because of someone whose main role in the source material is to lose getting defeated in an adaptation is peak internet.

I've mostly accepted that Cynthia is almost certainly going to go up against Leon and lose. It's just the most straighforward narrative direction given that Leon's beaten Lance, Raihan, and Flint already. Beating them again isn't that impressive.
I have a feeling she'll be one of Ash's Master 8 opponent, due to the end of the Volkner match.

QF:
Ash VS Cynthia
Lance VS Steven
Leon VS Diantha
Iris VS Flint

SF:
Ash VS Lance
Iris VS Leon

Finals:
Leon VS Ash

I don't think we'll see Alain or Paul in Masters 8

Since this is the episode where this season's Masters Eight will be set in stone, I wonder if the end of the episode will contain a reveal regarding who those eight Trainers are. I wouldn't be surprised, and would actually very much like that kind of reveal.
Ash vs Cynthia is 100% going to happen. No idea why people think Cynthia will battle Leon.

Ash's opponents are either Lance/Alan, Cynthia and Leon for sure.

I don’t really see Alan returning- his arc feels pretty tied to XY and having two of Ash’s PWC final opponents have Charizard aces seems lazy, even for this show. Paul’s return in the preview doesn’t seem PWC related either.

I definitely think Lance or Steven, with an outside chance of Iris will be his battle in the top 8.

If the Chinese leaker is true then Alan is in the Masters 8 but I guess we'll wait and see. She correctly stated Serena's return down to her clothes, that Marnie would get only 1 on 1 and that Go would capture a Froakie in the Clemont ep and that Braixen and Bunnelby evolved all before any of this was revealed.

And the remakes certainly aren't gonna help, seeing how they straight up give her team perfect IVs, EV training in the stats that best suit their roles (Garchomp having max Speed and Attack, for example), good Natures (Garchomp is Jolly), and held items that either synergize with their strategies or just give an excellent advantage (Milotic holds a Flame Orb to activate Marvel Scale and Garchomp holds a Yache Berry to mitigate the ice weakness). Basically a competitive team. This arguably makes Cynthia one of the, if not the toughest boss fight in the franchise outside of battle facilities.

You're likely correct, even though people getting upset because of someone whose main role in the source material is to lose getting defeated in an adaptation is peak internet.

I have a feeling she'll be one of Ash's Master 8 opponent, due to the end of the Volkner match.
tbh, Ash beating Cynthia is probably the outcome that I feel is likely to cause the least backlash, so imo that'd be the most ideal scenario. Other Champions are seen as either "too weak" (such as Iris and Diantha) or are highly polarizing characters (Leon. Like, oh god, if Leon turns out to be the one to eliminate Cynthia from the tournament it'd likely cause a backlash of Mega Charizard X vs Ash-Greninja levels and I don't think I'm strong enough to survive another thing like that lol...)

So really, the best option (or least bad option depending on your POV) is for a character based on an actual Player Character to be the one to beat her, since it's the result most accurate to game canon. Though maybe Lance beating her would also be another option I feel people would be mostly okay with, since he's also highly popular and is considered a tough fight even in the games.

Though I would also like it if Cynthia is allowed to defeat at least one opponent before she gets knocked out, because if Cynthia at least moves up in the Masters rank it'll help soften the blow of her defeat for her fans.

Ash/Cynthia would obviously be the semi-finals so Cynthia would beat someone prior. Anyway for this ep I'm glad the buildup with raihan is in the previous episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom