• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN109: VS Kibana! Battle for Masters Eight!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I fear the master's 8 tourney simply because Cynthia is in it and no matter who she looses to there will be mass complaining from the internet because its Cynthia and people are too hung up over the fact that they had trouble beating her in gen 4.
Yup . Not gonna hate, but people overrate her a lot . Maybe it's just me but there's no definite toughest battle in pokemon . All depend on your team and how prepared u are .

IF Alain is in, he'll probably job to Leon round 1 (basically Alain vs Trevor with Alain in Trevor's role)

IF Alain is in, he'll probably job to Leon round 1 (basically Alain vs Trevor with Alain in Trevor's role)
There's no point to bring back an anime exclusive character who isn't a champion in the games if Ash doesn't face him. They would have just used Flint or Wallace or whoever if they had an extra slot to fill. If anything Alan battling Steven makes more sense at first then Ash.

If Ash only gets three it will likely be Lance Cynthia and Leon.

I would have agreed before Alan. My guess is somehow Ash battles more than 3 people if they do a round Robin tourney going by points
He might have non some-tournament Master battles, like some of Leon's matches we've seen, though the idea of a round robin has occured to me (has the show done one since that portion of the Johto League?), but it might be a tight fit in terms of episode numbers. Perhaps it'll depend on if this gets a normal league number of episodes or Alola numbers.

I would have agreed before Alan. My guess is somehow Ash battles more than 3 people if they do a round Robin tourney going by points
He might have non some-tournament Master battles, like some of Leon's matches we've seen, though the idea of a round robin has occured to me (has the show done one since that portion of the Johto League?), but it might be a tight fit in terms of episode numbers. Perhaps it'll depend on if this gets a normal league number of episodes or Alola numbers.
JN013 confirmed the tournament will be a regular single elimination tournament.

I mean, to be fair tho, considering this is literally a battle to see who gets to enter the Top 8, there's no reason on why hide who's in said Top 8.

Of course, they could reveal who's in later, cuz like,,, it's not necessarily a "now or never" situation but again, it makes no sense for them to choose to not reveal them now.

On Ash opponents, I kind of wonder if we might see a G9 character. I say that not because I think Ash and Leon will be curb stomped like someone using a card from a new YUGIOH expansion pack against a worf, but because of Ash's Electric First Round streak. I could see Pokemon co decide to reveal a G9 E4 or something who specializes in eletric types for the role and sacrifice....well Lance I guess as an Ash opponent.

IDK, seems unlikely but it isn't the worst idea in the world.

Its not a bad idea. They haven't really used the anime to tease the next generation since the end of BW where Alexa teased Kalos and a couple Pokemon like Helioptile, Gogoat, and Noivern.

...Heck, I don't think they even did that with SM at all. XY at least had the Magearna movie.

Plus, if that talk of 'the anime is specifically creating episodes to get our attention' is true, what is more attention grabbing then that?

Okay....I can think of a few things, but when Ash's dad is one of the more likely options you get the idea.

JN013 confirmed the tournament will be a regular single elimination tournament.

I don't think this was confirmed. We only know there will be a tournament between Masters 8, but we don't know the model for this tournament.

To be fair I think it's likely the tournament this year will be different than that one simply because they're probably not going to have Ash vs Leon be a one on one like Lance was.

But I think a round robin is unlikely; though Ash having some normal challenges against other Master Eight strikes me as plausible, though not guaranteed with how much time we have left.

I kind of feel sorry for Raihan. It's likely he'll lose against Ash although it was revealed in this week's episode that he wants to win the PWC just as much as Ash does.

To be fair, that's with most leagues. I mean Alola is a bit of an exception, but every 200ish person at Indigo, Silver, Ever Grande, etc wanted to win. Only one of them can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom