• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN110: The Battle Royale of Betrayal!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So given that this is a battle royal that Go is in for Project Mew, who wants to bet that Go suddenly gains the ability to battle other trainers despite the fact that that isn’t in his wheel house and he never actually trains his Pokémon in order to gain said skill?
To be fair, we've seen Go's pokemon train themselves and one another

To be fair, we've seen Go's pokemon train themselves and one another
That doesn’t give Go the skills in battle though. If anything, such a thing should realistically be detrimental to both parties since Go wouldn’t know how to effectively utilize his Pokémon due to being so passive about his Pokémon’s training.

People are upset about Go battling and possibly winning, while I'm just ecstatic we'll get to see Inteleon battle again and actually knock out opponents. I hope the animation will be dynamic and we get to see more of Inteleon's traits on display, like its hidden tail knife.

I'm actually disappointed. I thought for sure this would be the return to Alola, given that Battle Royale is a very Alola thing. Time for Goh to suddenly be an expert at battles.

This is more likely based in the Battle Royale concept (which is a Japanese novel/movie).

I'm pretty sure this isn't going to be a direct battle. This would be like a Hunger Games (or Battle Royale) where the participants have to look for each other in a wide space.

The last standing won't necessarily be the strongest or best battler, it will depend on strategy. That's why Inteleon (and his invisibility) could be pretty useful.

That doesn’t give Go the skills in battle though. If anything, such a thing should realistically be detrimental to both parties since Go wouldn’t know how to effectively utilize his Pokémon due to being so passive about his Pokémon’s training.
I will not claim Goh is the best trainer out there, however, I feel like we've seen through the series he has gotten better in battles and he learned from watching Ash, picking up a trick or 2.

However, I wouldn't mind Goh and his Pokémon struggling a bit in battle because for example Goh mostly trained his trainer skills by watching Ash, while most of his Pokémon trained by sparring with eachother without Goh. Would be nice.

I will not claim Goh is the best trainer out there, however, I feel like we've seen through the series he has gotten better in battles and he learned from watching Ash, picking up a trick or 2.

However, I wouldn't mind Goh and his Pokémon struggling a bit in battle because for example Goh mostly trained his trainer skills by watching Ash, while most of his Pokémon trained by sparring with eachother without Goh. Would be nice.

Goh has improved, and it does help he's not going up against people who feel like they are going to be challenges for him in a regular battle. Like he's not expected to beat Lance or anything

Problem with it is that it’s always a case of him just pulling battle skill out of his ass. One can watch someone all that they want but that doesn’t automatically translate into being able to acquire the skill without working on it. Like how Ash tried to imitate Tierno’s style back in XY from having seen it, but it didn’t work for him. It would be one thing if he was some kind of battle prodigy or already had the skills to build on via watching Ash, but with Go, they never developed him in a way that him gaining skill in battle ever felt believable especially when for most of the series he’s done barely anything that would involve battle or training.

Last edited:
I never thought that the 'betrayal' theory would be strenghtened by this preview.

Now some are wondering who is going to betray the other, Gou or Tokio?
Since it looks that there would be some friction, will their team-up become Teeth-Clenched?

If Gou is the one doing the stabbing, it goes along his ambitious and selfish nature.
Although Tokio double-crossing Gou, easier to emphatisize with since the latter may have pushed him too far.

Already wondering what are they going to do with Satoshi, why is he there in the first place?

I am rooting for the Boy-with-glasses, in case of a twist for the hell of it.

I never thought that the 'betrayal' theory would be strenghtened by this preview.

Now some are wondering who is going to betray the other, Gou or Tokio?
Since it looks that there would be some friction, will their team-up become Teeth-Clenched?

If Gou is the one doing the stabbing, it goes along his ambitious and selfish nature.
Although Tokio double-crossing Gou, easier to emphatisize with since the latter may have pushed him too far.

Already wondering what are they going to do with Satoshi, why is he there in the first place?

I am rooting for the Boy-with-glasses, in case of a twist for the hell of it.
He’s going to run off to catch a Pokémon :wynaut:

Problem with it is that it’s always a case of him just pulling battle skill out of his ass. One can watch someone all that they want but that doesn’t automatically translate into being able to acquire the skill without working on it. Like how Ash tried to imitate Tierno’s style back in XY from having seen it, but it didn’t work for him. It would be one thing if he was some kind of battle prodigy or already had the skills to build on via watching Ash, but with Go, they never developed him in a way that him gaining skill in battle ever felt believable especially when for most of the series he’s done barely anything that would involve battle or training.
Yes, but we already saw Goh's improved battle skills onscreen. We even saw him use (easy) tricks from Ash's playbook.

Ofcourse he's not the trainer who will defeat the Masters 8 trainers. Or other very experienced trainers. But he did become a better battler, which we saw on occasion in the past. I don't think the other trainers in this episode will be of master level. Maybe around Goh's level.

Ash won against Korrina with untrained pokemon, so we know that the trainer really doesn't matter, only how durable your pokemon are

And Go's have had to endure Dragonite hugs, so...

Ash won against Korrina with untrained pokemon, so we know that the trainer really doesn't matter, only how durable your pokemon are

And Go's have had to endure Dragonite hugs, so...
Ash had 7 regions worth of battle experience though. He’s a skilled trainer who’s been shown that he can bring out the best in his Pokémon and knows how to use them. Heck, back in Sinnoh, he was able to efficiently use a rental Pokémon after being with it for a day. Go on the other hand, has none of that.
Yes, but we already saw Goh's improved battle skills onscreen. We even saw him use (easy) tricks from Ash's playbook.

Ofcourse he's not the trainer who will defeat the Masters 8 trainers. Or other very experienced trainers. But he did become a better battler, which we saw on occasion in the past. I don't think the other trainers in this episode will be of master level. Maybe around Goh's level.
No, we saw instances where, it in spite of barely ever working with his Pokémon, that he somehow can battle efficiently with nothing of the plot backing up the how. Because, again, you can observe something all you want but if you’re not practicing it, you’re not gonna automatically pick it up. Hell, Ash has a unique style that even others consider unorthodox. Have Ash’s companions had his style rub off on them in the past? Yes, as we saw with May. But difference there was that there was a foundation to build that on since May did train and battle activity with her Pokémon as part of her goal.

As for expecting Go to be on a Masters 8 level, no one is ever expecting that. But from what we’ve seen from Project Mew, they’re not exactly bringing in green trainers, given the trial missions they send candidates on and how from what we’ve seen, you get in in the first place on a recommendation. You’d expect them to at least be some skilled trainers to have made it this far and with the lack of consistency of Go even actually developing battle skill or even his own style, nothing beyond protagonist plot armor points to him being that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom