• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN111: Mohn and Lilie, Snowfield Reunion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rath

Reaction score
News has emerged of a mysterious Pokémon on the Crown Tundra in the Galar region, so Satoshi, Go and Koharu head there to research the matter. At the same time, Satoshi's friend from the Alola region, Lilie, and her brother Gladio have also come to the Crown Tundra in search of their lost father Mohn...

Screenplay 松井亜弥 (Aya Matsui)
Storyboard 冨安大貴 (Daiki Tomiyasu)
Episode Director 牧野吉高 (Yoshitaka Makino)
Animation Director 山崎玲愛 (Rei Yamazaki)
Animation Director 倉員千晶 (Chiaki Kurakazu)
Animation Director 伊藤京子 (Kyoko Ito)
Translation from Dephender

Airs May 20th

Good to see this finally done, so the whole SM cast got treated well so far. I think XY and SM being the two most recent series is why all their characters got the most follows ups, besides Dawn for DP promotion

Kinda weird how Lana's search for Manaphy is the only thing they never bothered to touch up on since SM ended, unless they briefly mention it here.

Oddly enough, Lillie and Mohn's reunion taking place in the Crown Tundra is kinda fitting considering that a similar father-daughter plot happened here in the games. Except that instead of accompanying a heartbroken father on his adventures after being abandoned by his daughter for being too cringy and overbearing (while the father is constantly being possessed by a weird magical deer thing), Ash and Gou are helping a daughter reunite with her long-lost father (who's also possibly being possessed by a weird magical deer thing).

Not sure why the Crown Tundra has a tendency to attract weird dads, but it sure does make for some entertaining plot points.

i knew goh was going to meet lillie, she’s a former classmate of ash. it was only a matter of time until goh met them all

Interesting that they made a big deal about Lillie wanting to find and connect with her father in the anime. In the USUM games Mohn comes to the Aether Paradise but for some mysterious reason Lusamine and Gladion don't care and Lillie never finds out. I always thought that this conclusion to the story with Mohn was awful. USUM really ruined the plot imo. Makes me sad because we will never get closure for SM!Lillie and SM!Lusamine either.

I wish Hisui got adapted in the anime as well, not just the DLC locations. I must admit that I find the DLC locations to be less interesting. I get that the anime is based of the Galar games but still...

In the USUM games Mohn comes to the Aether Paradise but for some mysterious reason Lusamine and Gladion don't care and Lillie never finds out. I always thought that this conclusion to the story with Mohn was awful. USUM really ruined the plot imo. Makes me sad because we will never get closure for SM!Lillie and SM!Lusamine either.
Actually, it was that Lusamine decided to let Mohn live his life at the Poké Pelago, wanting him to be happy and choosing not to remind him of who he really is. Gladion then asks Lusamine if she thinks she's sure of what's she's doing, and she says yes. Lillie, meanwhile, is off to improve herself as a Pokémon Trainer, so she's not present during Mohn's visit.

I still don't know is having Satoshi, and the rest, here is good for the plot.

They could have been used as a frame device, only apppearing at the end.

Actually, it was that Lusamine decided to let Mohn live his life at the Poké Pelago, wanting him to be happy and choosing not to remind him of who he really is. Gladion then asks Lusamine if she thinks she's sure of what's she's doing, and she says yes. Lillie, meanwhile, is off to improve herself as a Pokémon Trainer, so she's not present during Mohn's visit.
But why though? Was he not happy with his family? And even if he wasn't isn't it his responsibility to care for his 10 year old daughter who has anxiety and already takes too much responsibility?

Anyway I hope his anime counterpart gets to be a good dad to Lillie. She really deserves it after all she has been through. There are too many awful parents in the Pokémon franchise so seeing a dad actually try to do better would be great.

Interesting. I don't think any footage from this episode was included in the special preview. Wonder if things got shuffled so the Paul episode leads directly into the Masters tournament?

I still don't know is having Satoshi, and the rest, here is good for the plot.

They could have been used as a frame device, only apppearing at the end.

That could work. Like how XY88 was a long flashback about how Clemont got Bunnelby that almost played like an Ash-free special There's also DP01 being 99% all Dawn, SM51 with Lillie and Gladion by themselves for half the episode, and the last couple of TR episodes.

It WOULD be nice to see the Aether family solve their own problems without Ash bailing them out...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom