• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN111: Mohn and Lilie, Snowfield Reunion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Summary and Partial VA list courtesy of Adamant

Satoshi and the others head to the Crown Tundra after learning a mysteriou Pokémon has been spotted there. And Lilie, a girl Satoshi befriended in the Alola region, is also about to visit the Crown Tundra in search of her father Mohn!

Summary:
News have emerged of a mysterious Pokémon having been spotted on the Crown Tundra in the Galar region, so Satoshi, Go and Koharu head there to research the matter. At the same time, Lilie, a girl Satoshi befriended in the Alola region, is about to visit the Crown Tundra with her brother Gladio and mother Lusamine in search of her lost father Mohn...!

Voice Cast:
Rica Matsumoto: Satoshi
Daiki Yamashita: Go
Ikue Ohtani: Pikachu

In an ideal world, it would've been a two-parter with Ash, Go, and Koharu nowhere to be seen, given they have zero reason to interact with the Aether family in any capacity
The problem with this is that it would just stand out in the series. Just a random episode with no connection to the rest of journeys beyond it being mentioned in the Alola episode.

The problem with this is that it would just stand out in the series. Just a random episode with no connection to the rest of journeys beyond it being mentioned in the Alola episode.
Shame they didn't make a special episode about it like the specials where Cilan met Bonnie, Clemont and Brock, mind you it probably wouldn't have been dubbed

Second summary

News have emerged of a mysterious Pokémon having been spotted on the Crown Tundra in the Galar region, so Satoshi, Go and Koharu head there to research the matter. At the same time, Lilie, a girl Satoshi befriended in the Alola region, has also come to the Crown Tundra with her brother Gladio and mother Lusamine in search of her lost father Mohn.

Pretty much the same as before, but now Lusamine is mentioned too

My guess is the mysterious Pokémon could be Calyrex.
My prediction is an Ultra Beast (because the Crown Tundra also has Ultra Wormholes), probably a Shiny Nihilego, it'd make more sense for the Aether family

My prediction is an Ultra Beast (because the Crown Tundra also has Ultra Wormholes), probably a Shiny Nihilego, it'd make more sense for the Aether family
i feel like that would honestly be fucking hilarious because 1. ok imagine like. all of them have just moved past that whole situation right. it's not like another nihilego's gonna show up, especially not in fucking britain of all places AND THEN IT DOES. CAN YOU FUCKING IMAGINE and 2. ok this is really just funny to me but. i literally shiny hunted a nihilego in crown tundra.. pepo boy real

Summary and Partial VA list courtesy of Adamant

Satoshi and the others head to the Crown Tundra after learning a mysteriou Pokémon has been spotted there. And Lilie, a girl Satoshi befriended in the Alola region, is also about to visit the Crown Tundra in search of her father Mohn!

Summary:
News have emerged of a mysterious Pokémon having been spotted on the Crown Tundra in the Galar region, so Satoshi, Go and Koharu head there to research the matter. At the same time, Lilie, a girl Satoshi befriended in the Alola region, is about to visit the Crown Tundra with her brother Gladio and mother Lusamine in search of her lost father Mohn...!

Voice Cast:
Rica Matsumoto: Satoshi
Daiki Yamashita: Go
Ikue Ohtani: Pikachu
Well, well, well, it seems Chloe is joining Ash and Goh after all. About time she joined them on one of their adventures that wasn't filler! (I wonder if she's tagging along because of the chance to meet Lillie, or because she's met all the Eeveelutions now and the writers have nothing left for her?)

HD preview:

Finally, Deku and Bakugo seiyuu in Pokemon series.
ezgif-3-690b011ac5.jpg

That preview doesn't inspire much confidence. It makes it seem that Ash-tachii will be doing things in on storyline while the Aether family looks for Mohn in another...
And this is an episode I REALLY don't want parallel plotlines in...:annoyedVoltorb:

The Lillie we see hugging Mohn in the preview is not the real Lillie, it's a Nihilego transformed into her
Not THIS crap again. I thought everyone had gotten over that by now.

There's a distinct personality the Mysterious Pokemon won't be plot related outside of being why ash and co are at the tundra and probably showing up at the very end for 2 seconds.

That preview doesn't inspire much confidence. It makes it seem that Ash-tachii will be doing things in on storyline while the Aether family looks for Mohn in another...
And this is an episode I REALLY don't want parallel plotlines in...:annoyedVoltorb:

Not THIS crap again. I thought everyone had gotten over that by now.
I'm referring to some leaks for the episode, from a source that's gotten several things right so far.

Apparently, Mohn was rescued from the alternate dimension he was sent to and brought to the Crown Tundra by a friendly Shiny Nihilego. Mohn also has amnesia, just like in the games.

I find it so strange that they're closing this plotline now... To me it was like one of those set-ups that serve to give a character their send-off, you know, something to achieve after their story ends. It's like seeing Serena starting to date Ash midway through a series she barely appears in. Or I don't know, Ash become a Pokémon Master within a spin-off show featuring a different protagonist.

I don't know... at the very least I wish we'd gotten to see a bit more of their family journey as a set-up for this finale (sorta like I wish we'd seen Iris whenever she decided to aim to become the Unova Champion). But if they're deciding to do this, then I'm glad we're actually seeing the resolution instead of it happening off-screen. This still has potential to be a great episode, the creative decision to do it in the first place is what's taking me by surprise.

It's also moments like these that make me think Journeys may actually be shaping up to be the final series... I don't know what to make of it to be honest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom