• Bubapedia Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Our technical staff are continuing to monitor the wiki to try and resolve these ongoing issues that are impacting page and image loading. We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll update as soon as we've got more information on this for you.

• Excited about the recently announced new Pokémon games? Join us here for discussion and speculation.
  • Visit your account preferences to list your favourite Gen 9 Starter, and you'll get the appropriate badge added to your profile!
  • All members are allowed to express their opinions, no matter how unpopular, so long as they respect others and do not claim their opinion is the only valid opinion. While we understand that there is debate regarding Goh, someone posting an opinion you disagree with does not give you the right to attack them or report the content for trolling/baiting. This notice will serve as a 0-point warning and as such, Anime & Manga staff reserve the right to jump immediately to point warnings. For more information regarding our stance on arguments and debates, see this PSA.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Review JN111: Mohn and Lilie, Snowfield Reunion

EXGShadow

Reaction score
Yay, my favorite Pokemon was there and had a happy ending. Love the full family reunion, a much better resolution than the games.

kantoskies

Prepare for over-used stock animation!
Reaction score
I think the character acting through the animation in this episode is some of the best I've seen in this series! The piano playing, Lusamine pinching her brows when she realizes her husband doesn't recognize her family, Lilie finding the mirror and turning around to face the Ultra Beast behind her, the dust slowly falling off the windows at the end...really great stuff.

I get this is a weekly anime and they can't all look this good, but I would hope after 25 years this quality of animation wouldn't be such an outlier.

vivian20

Reaction score
Very good episode, one of the best of all, really.

This nihilego was more gentle than others that appeared in the anime, but it is still very creepy. It saved Mohn, yes, Mohn likely wouldnt survive in the nihilego world for much time, but it also druged Mohn so that he started to think nihilego was his daughter, and hides all the mirrors so that Mohn doesnt remember his real family. Yes, nihilego drugged Mohn, it has a neurotoxin. Mohn saw nihilego as lillie because he was drugged all this time. If a human did the same thing, it would be unforgivable. But since its an allien jellyfish, and doesnt really understands why what it did was so wrong, its somewhat easy to forgive.

Nihilego is a parasite pokemon . In real life, birds that put their eggs in other birds nests, so that the nest´s owner raises their chicks are called parasite birds. This nihilego does something similar to parasite birds, but it put itself in Lillies place instead of putting its own kids.

Lusamine´s face when Mohn said that he had a daughter that lived with him there was hilarious . I mean, she spent years thinking he was dead, then months looking for him, just to discover that he had another daugther, and until she saw that the " daughter" was nihilego, she assumed that he had another woman!

I dont care that Lillie isnt a main character anymore. Its great to see her and her family closing mohn arc , that started with the tapu fini ´s fog episode, when they discover that mohn isnt dead. Alola´s characters are receiving good treatment in journeys.

Last edited: