• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review JN111: Mohn and Lilie, Snowfield Reunion

Yay, my favorite Pokemon was there and had a happy ending. Love the full family reunion, a much better resolution than the games.

I think the character acting through the animation in this episode is some of the best I've seen in this series! The piano playing, Lusamine pinching her brows when she realizes her husband doesn't recognize her family, Lilie finding the mirror and turning around to face the Ultra Beast behind her, the dust slowly falling off the windows at the end...really great stuff.

I get this is a weekly anime and they can't all look this good, but I would hope after 25 years this quality of animation wouldn't be such an outlier.

Very good episode, one of the best of all, really.

This nihilego was more gentle than others that appeared in the anime, but it is still very creepy. It saved Mohn, yes, Mohn likely wouldnt survive in the nihilego world for much time, but it also druged Mohn so that he started to think nihilego was his daughter, and hides all the mirrors so that Mohn doesnt remember his real family. Yes, nihilego drugged Mohn, it has a neurotoxin. Mohn saw nihilego as lillie because he was drugged all this time. If a human did the same thing, it would be unforgivable. But since its an allien jellyfish, and doesnt really understands why what it did was so wrong, its somewhat easy to forgive.

Nihilego is a parasite pokemon . In real life, birds that put their eggs in other birds nests, so that the nest´s owner raises their chicks are called parasite birds. This nihilego does something similar to parasite birds, but it put itself in Lillies place instead of putting its own kids.

Lusamine´s face when Mohn said that he had a daughter that lived with him there was hilarious . I mean, she spent years thinking he was dead, then months looking for him, just to discover that he had another daugther, and until she saw that the " daughter" was nihilego, she assumed that he had another woman!

I dont care that Lillie isnt a main character anymore. Its great to see her and her family closing mohn arc , that started with the tapu fini ´s fog episode, when they discover that mohn isnt dead. Alola´s characters are receiving good treatment in journeys.

Last edited:
I'm very late on this and it's been a long while since I've posted, but I've been catching up on the series (subbed, so posting here) and just got to this episode - going in fairly blind other than the major spoilers published about Ash...

So it came as a total surprise other than the few episode old hint in the opening that they'd even be going back to this, but I'm so happy they did. This whole storyline hit me hard when watching the original arc, but figured that it's just one of those things we'd never get a resolution on - I'd do an example but at this point I don't know if my example is a few episodes away from happening...

I don't have much analysis of the episode other than that I needed to write my thanks somewhere to the writers for coming back to this - I'm so glad that the series didn't end with this an open plot point, and they handled it well, and had me crying the whole episode.

Ash and the others taking a back seat in the episode was welcome, giving as much time as possible to the plot - I'm happy it even got one episode to go back to it, so I'm not going to expect an arc about it, that'd be asking a bit too much.

Thanks writers!

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom