• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN112: A Triumphant Return! The Alola Champion!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This has potential to be an interesting episode narratively. If Ash defeats Raihan and joins the Masters Eight, this episode could show us the aftermath of such an accomplishment. If Ash is in the Masters Eight, that would make him one of the most prestigious trainers in the world, and it would make other trainers want to take down Ash much more than ever before. Maybe this battle royale would be Ash versus three other trainers, and all three trainers gang up on Ash and eliminate him first. This would show Ash that, now that he would be a part of the Masters Eight, this makes him a goal for other trainers in the same way he sees Leon as a goal, and Ash would have to question what that means for him going forward. Of course, all of this is speculation on my part, but I do feel like there’s a narrative reason for this episode to take place after the Raihan one. I’m pretty interested to see the direction Journeys will go in once Ash joins the Masters Eight.

I wonder who Ash is facing here.

I hope its Guzma at least, so we can see him again as well.
Wouldn't it be Kukui? They're in his wrestling arena.

Wouldn't it be Kukui? They're in his wrestling arena.
Huh? No, Kukui organized the Alola League, he has nothing to do with Battle Royales. Pretty sure the wrestling arena is The Masked Royal's home turf.

Heads up guys. Looks like this episode might be getting delayed for another Project Mew Trial episode!
https://twitter.com/PokeFansTaiwan/status/1521006633333440512?t=KAgA1zIglckrmk38HHSP_A&s=19

The last time this happened was when the TRio Radio Show episode got delayed because they were incredibly hellbent on hiding Serena's return for some reason

Makes me wonder if the Project Mew episode might be hiding something? :unsure:

Maybe another former companion's return?

Also please correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the Sea Mauville also where Ho-oh and Lugia are located in ORAS?
Considering Goh is with Tokio who is native to Johto....

Last edited:
I do believe the anime production staff want Ash and Goh to have some balance in their focus. How often they manage to balance the two, and if the various fan bases (intended Japan, intended West, unintended Japan, unintended West/us) want that is the question

(intended Japan, intended West, unintended Japan, unintended West/us)
Only the Japanese audience is intended/the target. The staff doesn't care about the West.

ScraftyIsTheBest on Bulbapedia said:
It wasn't rescheduled, the magazine listed this episode for its original air date but the summary was the episode that followed. The magazine simply misprinted and the summary and title didn't match.
Currently trying to verify if true.

ScraftyIsTheBest on Bulbapedia said:

Currently trying to verify if true.
ScraftyIsTheBest's response:
I can't post Discord logs but someone in a leak server I am in translated what the recent magazine said and noted that the episode titles were switched but the summaries for each episode were mismatched, suggesting the magazine mixed up the titles or the summaries. Considering the only primary source we have is the magazine itself, unless you have other explicit primary sources (Please note that Serebii and other places are still secondary sources at best), I think it's best to hold off on saying that the episode has been rescheduled and wait for further magazine releases and possibly the episode preview for the episode for this upcoming Friday to fully confirm: if magazines and the upcoming preview corroborate that the Alola episode has in fact been rescheduled, then we can move the page. Right now the only primary source is the recent magazine, and considering it has been translated and the titles and summaries don't match, we should wait for other magazine releases to see if they too corroborate it, as right now there's a very evident discrepancy.

Heads up guys. Looks like this episode might be getting delayed for another Project Mew Trial episode!
https://twitter.com/PokeFansTaiwan/status/1521006633333440512?t=KAgA1zIglckrmk38HHSP_A&s=19

The last time this happened was when the TRio Radio Show episode got delayed because they were incredibly hellbent on hiding Serena's return for some reason

Makes me wonder if the Project Mew episode might be hiding something? :unsure:

Maybe another former companion's return?

Also please correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the Sea Mauville also where Ho-oh and Lugia are located in ORAS?
Considering Goh is with Tokio who is native to Johto....
MAX MAX MAX

I do believe the anime production staff want Ash and Goh to have some balance in their focus. How often they manage to balance the two, and if the various fan bases (intended Japan, intended West, unintended Japan, unintended West/us) want that is the question
If only they had followed that kind of mentality back at the start of the series.

you know honestly i'm not sure if i'll ever get back to journeys no matter who shows up just as a matter of me saying i'll get to things and then not getting to them but like. another alola ep! it's about battle royales! that's uh! not good, atleast not for me since a lot of the masked royale stuff in the anime just gave me secondhand embarrassment ngl. granted i highly doubt they can go lower than SM092 so hey that's like. some kind of upside. i think. also i'm still waiting on my blorbos from my show :[

If this episode was Ash eating his own cooking and then living out a betrayal plot because of food poisoning hallucinations then it would be the greatest episode in the anime’s history bar none.
Hey! His cooking has improved in Alola, so I doubt the food poisoning hallucination would be by his own hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom