• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN112: A Triumphant Return! The Alola Champion!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plot Twist: He uses Tapu Koko again.
Pikachu : stretches muscles Aight . We're doing this again . After defeating Tapu Koko, I had to go lose to a Grappaloct . Maybe Journeys finally will acknowledge my true power .

Summary and Partial VA list courtesy of Adamant

Satoshi, Go and Koharu go to the Alola region, where Satoshi reunites with his friends from the Pokémon School he hasn't seen in a while. It's also decided he's going to participate in a Battle Royal, where four Trainers clash at the same time! The venue is completely crowded for the homecoming match of the first Alola Champion, Satoshi! Can he make it through this battle against multiple powerful opponents, including Professor Kukui?!

Voice Cast:
Rica Matsumoto: Satoshi
Daiki Yamashita: Go
Ikue Ohtani: Pikachu

FTKzIFQUsAAb3Ny

Ash is battling Kiawe and Gladion in addition to Kukui

FTKzIFQUsAAb3Ny

Ash is battling Kiawe and Gladion in addition to Kukui
(And apparently Gladion has a Beast Ball now too. Looks like he's catching an Ultra Beast, huh?) Also Ash using Pikachu yet again. :cautious: Like, I already knew he was using Pikachu here because of the preview trailer, but still........ugh. Use your Incineroar for god's sake, man! Lord knows how often we've all seen Pikachu battle in our lives, Incineroar meanwhile hasn't even battled once post-evolution.

(And apparently Gladion has a Beast Ball now too. Looks like he's catching an Ultra Beast, huh?) Also Ash using Pikachu yet again. :cautious: Like, I already knew he was using Pikachu here because of the preview trailer, but still........ugh. Use your Incineroar for god's sake, man! Lord knows how often we've all seen Pikachu battle in our lives, Incineroar meanwhile hasn't even battled once post-evolution.
The special preview showed Ash using Pikachu, so I'm not that surprised. As for the Beast Ball, I have a hunch what Gladion might've used it on.

Writers must think we have the short term memory of a fish and forget that Pikachu is important if he doesn’t hog screentime for two episodes.
Yea. What a missed opportunity for Ash to use one of his Alola Pokémon. Heck, it’d act as a fan service even in-universe since his Alola team is the one that won him his title.

With the Aether reunion out of the way I feel better...but still looks like a mess...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom