• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN112: A Triumphant Return! The Alola Champion!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pikachu played a notable role in the Alola League too, especially against Tapu Koko.
And that’s when you get into the meta level that Pikachu’s appearances are a dime a dozen. Nothing about him being used here constitutes as fan service so it just becomes a missed opportunity that could have been reserved for someone else.

And that’s when you get into the meta level that Pikachu’s appearances are a dime a dozen. Nothing about him being used here constitutes as fan service so it just becomes a missed opportunity that could have been reserved for someone else.
Exactly. Pikachu has helped Ash win countless battles already. Give the spotlight to someone else for five freakin' seconds, especially when we all know the electric rodent is going to be the last one used in the final battle against Leon anyway.

That Lillie and Mallow hug! I can't believe they brought my favorite friendship from SM back! Also, is this the first time two non-related human characters have hugged like that?

Cool to see more of Lei too. I wonder if they'll tie him into Chloe's arc by saying he doesn't have to become a professor like his parents.

Pikachu's Z move was impossible to avoid honestly. I'm more disappointed about Kiawe being used over the others as he already got his chance to shine, but at least it seems Marowak could get a new move.

Last edited:
Was Aya Matsui the head writer for Sun & Moon? I'm noticing she's doing almost all Alola episodes in Journeys.
This sort of info is pretty hard to find for some reason (production and development info isn't one of Bulbapedia's strong points, sadly)

Yea. What a missed opportunity for Ash to use one of his Alola Pokémon. Heck, it’d act as a fan service even in-universe since his Alola team is the one that won him his title.

Like, the problem here is that Incineroar fits the best, but considering Kukui uses one. And then we have Lycanroc and Pikachu who both fit equally, but if Gladion also participates, he most likely uses Lycanroc, cuz Kukui and Kiawe are predictable in the terms of Pokemon they are gonna use (At least type in Kiawe's case).

I also get the impression that Marowak has replaced Turtonator as the main battler.

Honestly. Thought Lana’s would’ve been a Vaporeon by now.
It really should have by this point. Would fit her type specialty and everything. Hell, the thing was caught in a Dive Ball, of all things. I know, I know, she caught in in that because it likes the ocean and everything, but it would just fit a Vaporeon so well.

Looking forward to the interactions that will take place in this episode; Chloe meeting the classmates and everybody else will be interesting to see. (Hoping Ash's Journeys team actually gets to interact with his SM team for longer than 5 seconds, and maybe even get noticed by the classmates.) Also now Lillie gets to tell everyone back in Alola she finally found her dad, can't wait to see their reactions to that. :D Ironically not looking forward to the Battle Royale segment that much at all though, and normally I'm crazy about the battles in the Pokemon anime; they're some of my favorite parts of the series/the franchise as a whole. But, I never cared much for the Battle Royales anyway, be it in the games or anime, and this one promises to be.....meh. It's just going to end as we all know it is: with Pikachu 10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolting everything else to oblivion. That's most likely why we saw Ash look somewhat disappointed in the preview; because he'll defeat Kukui, Gladion and Kiawe in one move and think the battle too easy. (In retrospect, it'll make him like Kukui was before with Incineroar one-shotting everything with Malicous Moonsault.)

Last edited:
That's most likely why we saw Ash look somewhat disappointed in the preview; because he'll defeat Kukui, Gladion and Kiawe in one move and think the battle too easy. (In retrospect, it'll make him like Kukui was before with Incineroar one-shotting everything with Malicous Moonsault.)
Shouldn't Ash not have his hat then? I always thought it had to be during the battle once the preview was released.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom