• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN113: The Last Mission! Catch Regieleki and Regidorago!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This episode for battle pyramid king branden

There's been times when they went out of their way to make Goh look vastly superior to Ash, like JN036.

fortunately I think that hasn't happened in the show since, or at least at that level.

Fun fact, I don't think Ash had caught a Pokemon without its consent since Fletchling. By that I mean 'hey, I see this Pokemon, let's battle it!' as the jux of it. (Note, I am using what Bulbapedia considers true captures for this list. The Ultra Beasts via the UR are a tad odd)

Hawlucha he earned his respect and then battled to prove himself

Goomy was a friendship capture

Noibat was that on top of hatching

Rowlet was friendship

Rockruff was friendship

Litten was earning trust following by a battle to prove himeslf

Poipole was friendsihp

Meltan was friendship

Dragonite was friendship after helping her evolve

Gengar was friendship

Riolu was hatched followed by proving himself via aura

Farfetch'd earned respect after battling Riolu

Dracovish was friendship

I think Ash does want to get more Pokemon, but I'm not sure if he's openly expressed an interest to catch some while adventuring with Goh for a while (did it happen since the Collossus Ruins?).

Hold on, after four trainers, one being a champion, one being a veteran league battler and one offering team support, got shredded while taking on Articuno with three pokemon each simultaneously… I’m supposed to buy that Goh will be going toe to toe with another legendary on his own… alright then.
The only thing I can think of aside from being mandated as the plot demands, is that that Articuno was a Raid Pokémon - as in, Pokémon that are exceptionally stronger than they normally should be. Hence the accepted norm of having multiple Trainers gang up on them (which is a whole other topic). Regidrago and Regieleki are not Raid Pokémon, and thus story-wise probably easier to handle; maybe them having been asleep/dormant for years may also play a part in Go being able to catch one. But if he pulls another opportunistic catch courtesy of Gary weakening it, I'll be quite upset.

That aside, I'm looking forward to the episode. We finally get more Galarian Pokémon, Blastoise is getting animated again, Cinderace gets to actually do something, and we get more antagonism from Gary. More importantly, the new Regis are getting animated and I'm really fond of Regieleki myself; I just hope they don't butcher its depiction too bad given the effort they put into the recent Lilly episode.

But if he pulls another opportunistic catch courtesy of Gary weakening it, I'll be quite upset.
Be prepared, since we cannot discard that possibility.

He is so self-centered and consumed by his goal/ambition, at times shrewd and conniving.
That being this crafty, catching a Pokemon defeated/weakened by another person is totally in-character.

I am not enthusiastic about this episode due to the chance of Gou getting a Regi.
It doesn't matter if he gets to keep or not, the fact that he managed to catch it still stands.

Place your bets people! Which G-Max Pokemon will we see here?

G-Max Sandacona, G-Max Hatterene, G-Max Blastoise or G-Max Cinderace?

Yes I know it says Dynamax but everytime there's a Dynamaxed Pokemon there's also a G-Max Pokemon

With the anime’s willingness to give Gary a Hatterene, there’s really no excuse for why they can’t give Ash any feminine Pokémon in the future.
THIS.

That's it, no more excuses. I really hope Ash gets the girliest, pinkiest Pokémon ever in the SV anime.

LET ASH GET FEMININE POKEMON

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom