• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN113: The Last Mission! Catch Regieleki and Regidorago!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't even care about how salty this is: seeing Goh almost succeding in capturing a Zapdos just 39 eps after he debuts and actually capturing a -> Suicune <- 52 eps after his debut felt straight up insulting.
At least the Zapdos one, even if I don't agree with it, can be justified a bit with the weakening

Suicune, while I not a fan of it either, you could say it's still free. Tbh, goh rarely sees this thing, and he used it in battle once. And he did befriend it

But the Regis? Yeah I know goh has gotten more experience from the start of the series. But his cinderace and Inteleon are not strong enough to take down a legendary Pokemon. I have to see how they will execute it on the episode to really make a judgement on it. But it already feels like a reach. Considering ash got his butt kicked by a regu, but goh is strong enough to capture one?

Suicune, while I not a fan of it either, you could say it's still free. Tbh, goh rarely sees this thing, and he used it in battle once. And he did befriend it
Not to enter into the Suicune debate once again, but considering Goh's goal is to capture every Pokémon and get it's dex entry, this whole "Oh yeah it's fine cuz he's not keeping it!" argument falls flat on it's face to me, because one of the ultimate things about Goh's methods is cuz the fate of the Pokémon post-capture is damn near irrelevant, because Goh already got what he wanted, which was the capture and the subsequent dex entry. The entire point is that -> Goh should not have captured Suicune in the first place <-, not exactly Suicune's fate.

I wanted the best of the legends who called Battle pyrmod to appear

Summary and Partial VA list courtesy of Adamant

After receiving his final trial mission from Project Mew, Go heads to the Crown Tundra. His rival Shigeru has also come there; who will be selected as official members of the Mew search...?

Summary:
After receiving his final trial mission from Project Mew, "Get Regieleki and Regidorago", Go heads to the Split-Decision Ruins in the Crown Tundra on his own. His rival Shigeru has also come there; Can Go clear this mission without any problems arising?! And who will be selected as official members of the Mew search...? The final challenge that needs to be passed for Go to seize his dream now begins!!

Voice Cast:
Rica Matsumoto: Satoshi
Daiki Yamashita: Go
Ikue Ohtani: Pikachu

Yep, that pretty much confirms more Project Mew later...

It’s just hitting me now that the finale of Project Mew is happening after the Masters Eight tournament. This is a first for the anime. In every series, the story would always end with Ash’s league. May, Dawn, and Serena’s arcs would all be concluded before Ash’s arc in a series. This is the first time in the show’s history where a companion’s arc ends after Ash’s does in a series. That’s unprecedented, and I feel like they must have a good reason for pacing it this way. They really want to end Goh’s arc in Journeys on a high note.

Look like this will be last episode of Gary ever appear in this series ever again. Sadly all these year, he doesn't have Mega and SHOULD deserved to get one since his Blastoise have the potential.
Gary has the highest metal count out of those trying to become Chasers. He’s bound to qualify so he’s sure to retur.

Blastoise is back!

Looks like Gou and Gary are going to have to learn to work together here, due to being ambushed by those other two Challengers. I can't help but feel like some of the tricks those guys are pulling shouldn't be allowed >_>
It'll be nice to see if they can finally get along, since they seemed somewhat close to earning each other's respect last time.

Also, there's a surprising lack of the actual Regis in this trailer? hmmm...

It’s just hitting me now that the finale of Project Mew is happening after the Masters Eight tournament. This is a first for the anime. In every series, the story would always end with Ash’s league. May, Dawn, and Serena’s arcs would all be concluded before Ash’s arc in a series. This is the first time in the show’s history where a companion’s arc ends after Ash’s does in a series. That’s unprecedented, and I feel like they must have a good reason for pacing it this way. They really want to end Goh’s arc in Journeys on a high note.
That's a really good point, and it really makes me hope said finale will be a two-parter at the very least. It'd be a real shame to have built up to it in this way only to cram it all into one episode at the end.
(Who knows, maybe that theory that Project Mew is actually a front for some kind of evil scheme will end up having merit...)

The finale isn't going to be a single episode, come on. Even Darkrai and Cresselia got a two-parter.

I hope to see the jungle from Movie 1 and a real sense of danger. The latter was already foreshadowed.

As for this episode, Go should damn well capture whichever (ugly, redundant) Regis he's facing. He's supposed to prove that he can catch Mew. This is his goal; he is not meant to be inferior to Ash as a catcher.

Last edited:
The finale isn't going to be a single episode, come on. Even Darkrai and Cresselia got a two-parter.

I hope to see the jungle from Movie 1 and a real sense of danger. The latter was already foreshadowed.

As for this episode, Go should damn well capture whichever (ugly, redundant) Regis he's facing. He's supposed to prove that he can catch Mew. This is his goal; he is not meant to be inferior to Ash as a catcher.
Considering he has way less experience compared with ash, I dont see a problem with him not being as good as ash. Even though I wouldn't describe ash as a catcher in relation to goh

And idk I don't see cinderace or Inteleon being strong enough for the Regis

Hold on, after four trainers, one being a champion, one being a veteran league battler and one offering team support, got shredded while taking on Articuno with three pokemon each simultaneously… I’m supposed to buy that Goh will be going toe to toe with another legendary on his own… alright then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom