• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review JN113: The Last Mission! Catch Regieleki and Regidorago!!

That was another thing that bothered me about this episode. They're bringing back the Regis, and they're not going to at least acknowledge Brandon? Leaving him out of the Masters 8 was bad enough, but now this. ..

Did they keep the Regis in the end? Are we gonna have a walking power plant god eating from a dog bowl next to some bugs and a monkey?
From the looks of things Project Mew took possession of all 5 of them. I don't think we'll see the Regi at Go's lab if that's what you mean

An okay episode, but I’m kind of laughing that even when finally on a PM mission without Ash, Goh still technically isn’t tackling the task by himself.

I’m abivilent on Goh catching Eleki. At least he battles the damn thing this time.

Maybe not but out of all the characters in the anime, he’s kinda the first person that comes to mind when it comes to the Regis.

You wrote my thoughts really. I wrote multiple time about this point in this thread and also I did a threasy about both of them with Brandon returning

Hi regigigas

Bye regigigas

At least they remembered that getting all five regis opens up a den with a level 100 regigigas, which would've been a far more interesting climax to the project mew arc than a half-arceus'd tag battle
Kinda funny how something called Project Mew apparently has somehow led up to Regigigas.

Good ep, Gary has been handled so well this series and has a great dynamic with Goh

Glad project mew isn't over yet, looking forward to how it concludes

Reviewing this episode sure isn't easy because to me it was a so-so episode.

What I absolutely liked was all that thinking and strategy the characters put into completing that mission. First, it looked like Go's and Gary's rivald had the upper hand. Then we learned that the former two had been expecting some form of ambush. Then again, Layla was speculating about catching Regieleki and Regidrago after Go and Gary had weakend them for them. And finally, all four of them were basically teaming up and working together. This constant up and down and the unpredictability coming with it was what made the episode great.

However, as I said at the beginning, it was a so-so episode and that's because of two aspects I didn't really like:
First, the Regis have been portrayed WAY too weak, not just in this episode but throughout Journeys. At the beginning, Tsurugi and his Urshifu totally dominated Registeel. Yes, Tsurugi and his partner Pokemon are very strong but isn't a legendary Pokemon supposed to be much stronger still?
What bugged me the most, however, was how easy it was for Go and Gary to catch Regieleki and Regidrago. During the battle they never really managed to land a significant hit and then all that was necessary to take down those two legendaries was a Twister-boostered double attack? Seriously? It was the last trail mission and I expected it to be a tough battle, but the writers made it way too easy for Go an Gary this time if you ask me.
Second, there was that unanswered question concerning the uniqueness of legendaries again. If the Regis are unique in the Pokemon world, what about Brandon's Regis then? But if there are several versions of Regirock, Regice and Registeel, should they still be considered legendaries? I mean, it would seem pretty strange if there suddenly were two Ho-ohs or two Arceus. So, is there something like second-rate legendaries (the birds, dogs, regis and so on) which can exist several times? It's a shame those questions will probably never be answered.

To sum up: If the Regis had been handled better and portrayed as what they are (as legendary, not just as a-bit-stronger-than-ordinary-Pokemon ones) this week's episode would have been great. However, I can't get rid of the feeling this was an easy victory for Go and Gary.

I mean, it would seem pretty strange if there suddenly were two Ho-ohs or two Arceus.
We already know that multiple Lugia exist, so multiple Ho-oh doesn't sound too farfetched. As for Arceus, Legends has showed us that Arceus's physical form is simply a miniscule manifestation of its true form, so it's definitely possible for multiple manifestations of Arceus to exist at the same time. Of course, they're all still part of the same being, so there would technically still be one single Arceus.

But yeah, putting aside the uniqueness of legendaries, I do agree that the strength of legendaries have been shown to wildly vary in Journeys. Especially when you look at the jarring difference in difficulty between regular battles like in this episode and the raid battles with Lugia, Zapdos and Articuno.

But yeah, putting aside the uniqueness of legendaries, I do agree that the strength of legendaries have been shown to wildly vary in Journeys. Especially when you look at the jarring difference in difficulty between regular battles like in this episode and the raid battles with Lugia, Zapdos and Articuno.
I suppose that's been done to portray how Raid Battle opponents are tougher than ordinary Pokémon. I feel that Legendary Pokémon in previous series have been pretty overpowered at times, though with the Frontier Brains, it can be justified with them having trained to become stronger than in the wild.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom