• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review JN113: The Last Mission! Catch Regieleki and Regidorago!!

What bugged me the most, however, was how easy it was for Go and Gary to catch Regieleki and Regidrago. During the battle they never really managed to land a significant hit and then all that was necessary to take down those two legendaries was a Twister-boostered double attack? Seriously? It was the last trail mission and I expected it to be a tough battle, but the writers made it way too easy for Go an Gary this time if you ask me.

Both Gary and Go lost their first two pokemon, Flygon and Hatterene, and won using their starters (their strongest pokemon), and combining fire/water attacks. The Regi's also probably weren't KO'd, but knocked against the wall. The only odd thing is they use normal pokeballs against them while the Project Mew trainer had the old Hoenn Regi's in Ultra Balls. If anything I thought the battle went very well.

Second, there was that unanswered question concerning the uniqueness of legendaries again. If the Regis are unique in the Pokemon world, what about Brandon's Regis then? But if there are several versions of Regirock, Regice and Registeel, should they still be considered legendaries? I mean, it would seem pretty strange if there suddenly were two Ho-ohs or two Arceus. So, is there something like second-rate legendaries (the birds, dogs, regis and so on) which can exist several times? It's a shame those questions will probably never be answered.

It's pretty obvious these are not the same Regi's that Brandon had. There were also the set of Regi's in Movie 8 which seemed a lot more powerful than these as well. Brandon's were left at Snowpoint temple in DP, but when the Project Mew trainers went after them they found different Regi's in different areas.

could be the case though it depends on how he handles the few remaining episodes!
It would certainly make the last bit of Journeys/Goh's character and story more interesting, and would add some much-needed antagonistic elements to the show. Plus, it would just be a good (if somewhat predictable,) twist.

(I'll be honest, though, I mostly got the idea for this theory from people on Twitter. I may have suspected Project Mew a little myself already, but it was the opinions of others that really got me thinking.)

It would certainly make the last bit of Journeys/Goh's character and story more interesting, and would add some much-needed antagonistic elements to the show. Plus, it would just be a good (if somewhat predictable,) twist.

(I'll be honest, though, I mostly got the idea for this theory from people on Twitter. I may have suspected Project Mew a little myself already, but it was the opinions of others that really got me thinking.)
It's true it would be nice to see that, having a little surprise is good for me although it may seem easy to assume.
the theory itself is good (I also saw that idea on twitter).

It's less about that guy in particular, and more about how the Project Mew operation as a whole has been doing some things that could be seen as shady. Stuff like how they had seemingly messed with the Sea Mauville, a nature preserve, to add a hazard to one of their missions - or how they've been collecting all these samples from rare and Legendary Pokemon for vague, handwavy reasons - or just the whole recruitment process itself. At least that's what I've gathered.

(Honestly, with how Quillon seems to have a very noted disdain for Pokemon poachers, I do feel like that could be another bit of foreshadowing - Project Mew could very well turn out to be a front for just that.)

It's less about that guy in particular, and more about how the Project Mew operation as a whole has been doing some things that could be seen as shady. Stuff like how they had seemingly messed with the Sea Mauville, a nature preserve, to add a hazard to one of their missions - or how they've been collecting all these samples from rare and Legendary Pokemon for vague, handwavy reasons - or just the whole recruitment process itself. At least that's what I've gathered.

(Honestly, with how Quillon seems to have a very noted disdain for Pokemon poachers, I do feel like that could be another bit of foreshadowing - Project Mew could very well turn out to be a front for just that.)
I highly doubt there's anything shady going on in here.

I'll be suprised if this Amaranth guy (or someone in Project Mew/the whole operation,) doesn't turn out to be secretly evil.
Good point!
Right from the start I've always been thinking that Professor Amaranth has something suspicious about him. I can't pinpoint it but that expression on his face is something I don't like at all.

I don't see anything untrustworthy about him, personally.
I'd like to compare him with Chairman Rose. That guys too has always been acting suspiciously with Leon not realizing that he was being abused for Rose's evil plans. Who knows if something like this will happen again to Gary, Go and the other chasers ;)

He's also such a nothing character that him being a surprise villain would feel completely hollow. Danica and Quillon are only somewhat more fleshed out, but still hardly enough to make such a twist impactful.
Mosr villain in this show feel hollow

I find that I enjoy Gou a lot more when he's paired with certain characters. Sonia, Tokio, and especially Gary are all parings I find consistently fun and entertaining. Despite it looking from the outset like Gou and Ash would have conflicting personalities, they're actually on the same wavelength 99% of the time, which is pretty boring.

The episode accomplished its main goal of making Goh fulfill his goal of being a Project Mew candidate, but I don't think it did that in the best way possible. He didn't learnt much about collaboration compared to JN110 and mostly followed Gary's orders, and he doesn't feel more brave than when he battled Golurk or Flygon.

At least the battles were cool. We saw some Galar mons...for a few seconds...and had many quick thinking moments so it felt more like a PWC battle.

The Regigigas bit as extremely random. It would have been cool if nobody noticed it, but they did and basically said "Nice, now let's go back to Kanto". It shows that the writers aren't sure whether to tackle it or to go straight to the Mew stuff.

Solid episode. I don’t mind that Go told Ash to stay at the lab, and thus make this an Ash-lite episode because we’ll get plenty of focus for him in the Masters Eight and next week looks to be Ash heavy. The series has long established that as far as being catchable goes, the Regis are in the able to be caught in balls tier so Go and Gary getting the gen 8 additions isn’t wholly unexpected.

Just glad we can start the chaser plot now. pM trial missions have been okay for me so far. This one included. Would of been better if we didn't have those two rivals wasting time in this episode. Leaving little room for the regi fight

I also got after this episode the sense of something is evil about them chasers. Good episode though. And maybe the fact Gary, Goh and Tokio are in can make us picture this Mew Project is on a good path anyway.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom