• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN114: Training Battle of Flames! Satoshi VS Shinji!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Gengar was hugged by Infernape and presumably has learnt a new move (Will-o-Wisp) from Ash’s previous fire-types tuition, I could see Gengar v Metagross being the last battle.

It would be really tiring to see Lucario have another grand-curtain spectacular (especially with it probably going to have even more in the PWC), and there’s a connection of Gengar being abandoned and mistreat by a trainer, similar to Infernape. This could explain Infernape’s hug being down to compassion/familiarity breeds strategy.

So, if the show wants to make this special and not make Paul look like absolute ass, just to make Ash seem incredibly strong, I hope the battle plays out like this…

Dragonite v Garchomp - Garchomp Wins
Lucario v Gyardos - Lucario Wins
Gengar v Metagross - Gengar Wins

Last edited:
So Dragonite is gonna get defeated again?
Well, it’s not guaranteed, but with Lucario being the ace, it would be weird if it lost before it’s big event without having some major development arc. Also, with Gengar’s supposed major role in the episode, a defeat would also be unlikely.

And of course Ash could win all three battles, but I don’t think that would go down well with the audience that Paul is now a push-over. If Iris could amount to similar feats that Ash is capable of, then surely Paul should be equivalent. So, I presume Dragonite will be the fall-guy. And, despite being my favourite Pokemon, it was heavily due one before Raihan, so another wouldn’t be pushing it. I’m sure it will get another victory in the PWC, and not replicate Goodra.

Finally, shinji is the one who wants to challenge Ash for the first time.

Finally, Shinji is the one who try to follow Ash for time.

Finally, Shinji is the one who want to find Ash for the time.

Finally, Shinji is the one who try find the places where Ash sleep or go.

Reminder: Keep the Spoiler Alert in mind
Hey, everyone! Please remember that if you're replying to a post containing spoilers, then you should mark your own reply as spoilers as well if you're directly addressing the contents in a non-vague manner so that you don't, well, spoil anything for people who'd rather go into things blind. If you're simply unsure of how exactly to hide spoilers in your comment, simply click the little icon that looks like a crossed-out eye at the top of your response and highlight the parts that you want to obscure. Alternately, you can also type [ spoiler ][ /spoiler ] (without the spaces) and put the appropriate text in the middle.

Anyway, because of the high number of spoilers related to the Pokemon anime lately, we decided to make a thread dedicated entirely to spoilers so that those who wish to express their feelings about them can freely do so without disturbing those who'd rather go in blind.

(This episode is airing on my birthday and I won't be able to watch it immediately. Damn:sneaky: In that case I hope it'll turn out to be a great birthday present nevetheless)

So, Paul now has been revealed to have a
Garchomp, Metagross and Gyarados
Interestingly enough, these are the signature Pokemon of three of the most powerful Champions in the world.
Here's my theory: Paul was trying to imitate Cynthia, Steven and Lance, but failed and thus didn't make it to the Masters Eight. The message they could be trying to convey is: "Be yourself, don't try to be someone else." In the end Paul will lose to Ash and realize his mistake. And who knows, maybe he'll finally even make friends with Ash which will conclude Paul's story.

(This episode is airing on my birthday and I won't be able to watch it immediately. Damn:sneaky: In that case I hope it'll turn out to be a great birthday present nevetheless)

So, Paul now has been revealed to have a
Garchomp, Metagross and Gyarados
Interestingly enough, these are the signature Pokemon of three of the most powerful Champions in the world.
Here's my theory: Paul was trying to imitate Cynthia, Steven and Lance, but failed and thus didn't make it to the Masters Eight. The message they could be trying to convey is: "Be yourself, don't try to be someone else." In the end Paul will lose to Ash and realize his mistake. And who knows, maybe he'll finally even make friends with Ash which will conclude Paul's story.
Or he just happened to have those three anyway, LOL. :LOL:

I think that the whole fire gang supposed to train Ash's pokemons against fire type moves, just before he is against 1/2 Charizard. And after that Paul train him for a spesific ace he could be matched. Maybe this episode points Ash will be up against more than 3 trainers in the M8T.
HYPED.

Let me just say, for me (and many others, no doubt,) this episode went from just interesting initially to very interesting.
I also hope Pignite gets to be used in the battle during the M8. It is because it can evolve into Emboar.
I would also like to see that happen, for all the unevolved Pokemon of Ash's as a matter of fact (Bulbasaur and Pikachu excluded of course.) If not now, maybe as a kind of epilogue sort of thing.

Let me just say, for me (and many others, no doubt,) this episode went from just interesting initially to very interesting.

I would also like to see that happen, for all the unevolved Pokemon of Ash's as a matter of fact (Bulbasaur, Pikachu, and Rowlet excluded of course.) If not now, maybe as a kind of epilogue sort of thing.
Yeah. Hopefully Ohshawott, Pignite, and Snivy will evolve if he uses them in the M8. Because imagine him with an Emboar, Serperior, and Hisuian Samurott!

Yeah. Hopefully Ohshawott, Pignite, and Snivy will evolve if he uses them in the M8. Because imagine him with an Emboar, Serperior, and Hisuian Samurott!
Those three are long overdue for an evolution, it is true. We'll see if it happens here, though. They haven't had any focus in so long that I'll be surprised if they give the Unova starters anything here.

Here's another theory. (Don't know why but for some reason the Masters Eight is getting me so excited that I keep coming up with new ideas)

We see Paul coming out the forest, with everybody being surprised. He says his typical catchphrase ("You're pathetic" iirc) and just when Ash is about to get upset, Paul suddenly puts a smile on his face and says something like this: "I've been watching all you battles since you entered the PWC and I've become a fan of yours. Look, I've trained the signature Pokemon of the three mightiest champions just for you, so I can help you get prepared for the battles!"

As unlikely as this may sound, but the more I'm thinking about this scenario, the more I'm finding it extremely funny. What a surprise that would be!

1654452104865.png

I hope Ash goes to Hisui, Where Dewott evolves into Hisuian Samurott.
Time‘s long passed for something like that to happen. Hell, that would require Oshawatt have actually evolved, something the water curse only allows from a monkey’s paw attached. Just look at how the universe punished Greninja for daring to be a water starter owned by Ash that evolved. He’s now doomed to chopping a never ending slew of vines until the end of time; a fate the writers don’t seem to keen to rectify.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom