• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN114: Training Battle of Flames! Satoshi VS Shinji!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure this picture of Ash and his team is also from this episode. The background looks similar to the Dragonite vs. Garchomp screenshot, and Ash is most likely talking to Paul.

AshTeamSmaller.png

None of Ash's current pokemon have fire type moves do they?

A nice touch would be that Paul beat Brandon, and got the offer from Scott to become a Battle Frontier Brain, just like Ash.

If that were to be cannon, I think I would be in favour of him rejecting the offer. Like Ash, I don’t see Paul restricting himself to just one role for the rest of his life, limiting his opportunities for more power/experiences. I think the invitation of Ash respecting a former rival, who pushed him so far in his previous years, would be enough to convey why he wanted to fight him to prepare for the tournament. It gets him in the right mindset, knowing his biggest critic would probably point something out, and if not, he knows he’s ready.

Last edited:
As long as that rumor isn't true. Like I like the use of reserves, but reserve complaints go complete stupid way too quickly.

Like if I see another fanfic that treats Oak's lab as a living hell....wait actually I leave reviews that basically point out how stupid that trope is already. Because it is a stupid trope.

A nice touch would be that Paul beat Brandon, and got the offer from Scott to become a Battle Frontier Brain, just like Ash.
You need to defeat all seven Frontier Brains for that, though, not just Brandon.
Like if I see another fanfic that treats Oak's lab as a living hell....wait actually I leave reviews that basically point out how stupid that trope is already. Because it is a stupid trope.
There are fanfics like that? Oh, boy...

You need to defeat all seven Frontier Brains for that, though, not just Brandon.
I know…? I don’t imagine Brandon just allowing Paul a rematch for the sake of it, he would have worked up to it by earning it (Leon & Ash). It would be the image of what Paul would do, reflected by when he reacted to Volkner’s gym being mentioned in D&P.
And it’s a way of showing Paul develop like Serena and Gary off-screen, whilst making it realistic that he would surpass his brother.

Last edited:
Though say, what does it say about the 24th? Can someone please translate?

Yeah, people don't get.....how humans work. Or how Ash actually works.
Yeah. I've sometimes Googled Pokémon fanfics for fun, even if I've not actually read most of them, and some have Ash acting in ways he never would. Like ordering his Pokémon calmly or calling Paul "a weak Trainer".
Though say, what does it say about the 24th? Can someone please translate?
"Title undecided".

A full battle is too much to ask, but I hope we get at least a 3v3.
I'm all for a full battle via Lake Acuity V2 to see Paul's current lineup and any new strategies he came up with.

If that were to be cannon, I think I would be in favour of him rejecting the offer. Like Ash, I don’t see Paul restricting himself to just one role for the rest of his life, limiting his opportunities for more power/experiences. I think the invitation of Ash respecting a former rival, who pushed him so far in his previous years, would be enough to convey why he wanted to fight him to prepare for the tournament. It gets him in the right mindset, knowing his biggest critic would probably point something out, and if not, he knows he’s ready.
Would still need any explanation for why he didn't participate in the PWC and what his current role is in the anime.

Perhaps Dragonite will learn a Fire type move, it does puzzle me that Flames is mentioned, guess Dragonite is revealed to know Flamethrower like Gengar knew Sludge Bomb
I doubt anything like that is going to happen. The flames mentioned in the title are most likely figurative flames, meant to mean that it’s an intense battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom