• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN114: Training Battle of Flames! Satoshi VS Shinji!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
They will battle, but it obviously isn't going to be a major thing.

JN114 Summary from TV Station (alternative TV Guide) sourced by Pakugyu:
“Ash and Goh, who are undergoing special training for the Masters Tournament, are called to Oak’s Lab. There, Ash reunites with his rival, Paul, from when he was as travelling during Sinnoh.”
Some hope for reserves.
TORTERRA, INCINEROAR, AND GRENINJA NEED REDEMPTION

He's probably just helping Ash train.
Train in case of weak/underperforming Pokemon......
Or to face rookie, but sheer dumb lucky, trainers.
That is going help very much with the Masters Tournament, of course.

Gone are my hopes for a Solo-Satoshi episode.....
Seemingly; the writers are incapable of dropping Gou, even if their lives depended on it.

It's likely he'll be in every episode of Journeys, given that he's a main character.
Being a main character doesn’t mean being in every episode. After all, they gave Go a solo episode where Ash didn’t appear at all. Don’t see why they can’t do the same in turn especially for something as important as training for the Masters 8, something that Go would offer little to no help with.

Being a main character doesn’t mean being in every episode. After all, they gave Go a solo episode where Ash didn’t appear at all. Don’t see why they can’t do the same in turn especially for something as important as training for the Masters 8, something that Go would offer little to no help with.
Is Go supposed to disappear into thin air for an episode? I don't see why it matters since he won't do anything in this episode.

This episode better not be a huge let down if there is a battle between Ash and Paul it better deliver.
An Ash vs Paul battle is always an intense one,I expect Paul to implement some sort of strategy.But it would be an even bigger let down if this is just a one off episode and we never see Paul again for the rest of this series or for the next 10 years.If that is the case then it would be best if this was an actual full battle that isn't connected to the tournament.

An Ash vs Paul battle is always an intense one,I expect Paul to implement some sort of strategy.But it would be an even bigger let down if this is just a one off episode and we never see Paul again for the rest of this series or for the next 10 years.If that is the case then it would be best if this was an actual full battle that isn't connected to the tournament.
I believe the preview had Dragonite using Draco Meteor as somewhat of a melee attack, so there’s some interesting strats inbound.

I see we've now entered the "people hype themselves up for things the show never promised or even hinted at and get mad when it doesn't happen" stage of the series

It's highly likely that Paul is just in Kanto because that's where the Battle Frontier is

Plus we see the training happening with the Journeys Pokemon

1653647099014.png

I wonder why Paul decided to visit Oak's lab. Did he... miss Infernape!?

Actually that would be surprisingly wholesome??? Maybe this time he will properly apologize for his questionable behavior when he was its trainer. After all he was trying to say something during the league battle in DP but then he cut himself off when Infernape was in pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom