• Bubapedia Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Our technical staff are continuing to monitor the wiki to try and resolve these ongoing issues that are impacting page and image loading. We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll update as soon as we've got more information on this for you.

• Check out our new Mysterious Garden forum style if you haven't already - we're sure you'll love it!
  • All members are allowed to express their opinions, no matter how unpopular, so long as they respect others and do not claim their opinion is the only valid opinion. While we understand that there is debate regarding Goh, someone posting an opinion you disagree with does not give you the right to attack them or report the content for trolling/baiting. This notice will serve as a 0-point warning and as such, Anime & Manga staff reserve the right to jump immediately to point warnings. For more information regarding our stance on arguments and debates, see this PSA.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Preview JN115: Opening! Masters Tournament!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FCBayern

Fairy Master
Reaction score
BTW, the Anipoke PR account is now calling Ash the Alola region Champion in this image they're sending to anyone who retweets this post.

1654878917200.png

BigDocFan

The Arcanine of Legend!
Reaction score
Summary and Partial VA list courtesy of Adamant

The curtain finally rises for the "Masters Tournament" that's going to determine the absolute best of the best at Pokémon battling. Satoshi's goal is to battle Dande; His challenge now begins, and the first match of the first round, a battle between Dande and Alan, starts!

Summary:
The curtain finally rises for the "Masters Tournament", the fight that's going to determine the absolute best of the best at Pokémon battling. Satoshi has gone to Shoot Stadium in the Galar region where the playoffs will take place! Satoshi's goal is to battle Dande, will he manage to win his way through the tournament? The greatest challenge in all history now begins, and the first match of the first round, a battle between Dande and Alan, starts!

Voice Cast:
Rica Matsumoto: Satoshi
Daiki Yamashita: Go
Ikue Ohtani: Pikachu

isrrael120

New and Old Things About Me!
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/His
Summary and Partial VA list courtesy of Adamant

The curtain finally rises for the "Masters Tournament" that's going to determine the absolute best of the best at Pokémon battling. Satoshi's goal is to battle Dande; His challenge now begins, and the first match of the first round, a battle between Dande and Alan, starts!

Summary:
The curtain finally rises for the "Masters Tournament", the fight that's going to determine the absolute best of the best at Pokémon battling. Satoshi has gone to Shoot Stadium in the Galar region where the playoffs will take place! Satoshi's goal is to battle Dande, will he manage to win his way through the tournament? The greatest challenge in all history now begins, and the first match of the first round, a battle between Dande and Alan, starts!

Voice Cast:
Rica Matsumoto: Satoshi
Daiki Yamashita: Go
Ikue Ohtani: Pikachu
short battles to start the tournament? It is not a good start but I hope that the next matches will be longer!

BigDocFan

The Arcanine of Legend!
Reaction score
short battles to start the tournament? It is not a good start but I hope that the next matches will be longer!
The Alola league started painfully small before working their way up, here's hoping for something similar

Just hope the battles aren't rushed like the Alola league, its interesting to see Alain with a Chesnaught knowing Mairin had a Chespin

isrrael120

Reaction score
Pronouns
He/His
The Alola league started painfully small before working their way up, here's hoping for something similar

Just hope the battles aren't rushed like the Alola league, its interesting to see Alain with a Chesnaught knowing Mairin had a Chespin
For The Alola League I think it's possible although I'm ready for one problem or another.

with the battle of Leon vs Alain and Ash vs Hop in the same episode who knows, I also find it interesting to see Alain with a Chesnaught, it makes me wonder how it happened!

isrrael120

Reaction score
Pronouns
He/His
Sometimes I wonder if the writing staff of Journeys were fans of troll face during their lives with just how much they love to troll the viewers.
I think the same sometimes dude!:confused:

nickdt

Reaction score
For The Alola League I think it's possible although I'm ready for one problem or another.

with the battle of Leon vs Alain and Ash vs Hop in the same episode who knows, I also find it interesting to see Alain with a Chesnaught, it makes me wonder how it happened!

Alain was like:

Ouchh... i realize i have a lot of Ground weakness (Four out of six are weak to Ground when Zard X, three out of six when not).

But then, the funny thing is that it adds a third fire weakness to the team (Chesnaught, Metagross and Bisharp).

Edit: Fourth fire weakness, i forgot Weavile.

Last edited:

Ghost Diplocaulus

Detroit SMAAAASH! Eevee style.
Reaction score
Pronouns
she/her
Alain was like:

Ouchh... i realize i have a lot of Ground weakness (Four out of six are weak to Ground when Zard X, three out of six when not).

But then, the funny thing is that it adds a third fire weakness to the team (Chesnaught, Metagross and Bisharp).

And that's not even getting into how Alain's original Kalos team was half weak to Fighting and the Fighting-weak Pokemon all even had a 4x weakness to it.

isrrael120

Reaction score
Pronouns
He/His
Alain was like:

lol yes is clear!

Alola

UltraMysteryDungeon, when?
Reaction score
BTW, the Anipoke PR account is now calling Ash the Alola region Champion in this image they're sending to anyone who retweets this post.

View attachment 160715
As awesome as this is, does anyone else feel that Ash is pretty underdressed for the occasion? I was never a big fan of his Journeys design, as it feels uninspired, but they're really going to have the Alolan Champion stroll up to this event to decide the strongest Trainer in the world in a Wal-Mart clearance section's t-shirt and shorts :LOL: While this type of wear was practical in Alola, and general Journeys traversing, I'd much rather he be wearing something a bit more dynamic, but it is what it is.

XavierAnime

Reaction score
That's good ideas, Alain doesn't win with Leon, nor is he the same as before. I am no longer satisfied.

VetProf

Reaction score
As awesome as this is, does anyone else feel that Ash is pretty underdressed for the occasion? I was never a big fan of his Journeys design, as it feels uninspired, but they're really going to have the Alolan Champion stroll up to this event to decide the strongest Trainer in the world in a Wal-Mart clearance section's t-shirt and shorts :LOL: While this type of wear was practical in Alola, and general Journeys traversing, I'd much rather he be wearing something a bit more dynamic, but it is what it is.
You think his current outfit is underdressed? The alternative would be Ash fully embracing his role as Alola's representative by going into the tournament with his Masked Royale cosplay.

Alola

UltraMysteryDungeon, when?
Reaction score
You think his current outfit is underdressed? The alternative would be Ash fully embracing his role as Alola's representative by going into the tournament with his Masked Royale cosplay.
ash pajamas.png

Pajamas. He's wearing pajamas with a vest slapped on.

I'd take the Masked Royale cosplay over this for the PWC finals any day. There's an intentional design and cultural significance to it; it would probably get fans in-universe more hyped too.

isrrael120

Reaction score
Pronouns
He/His
View attachment 160800

Pajamas. He's wearing pajamas with a vest slapped on.

I'd take the Masked Royale cosplay over this for the PWC finals any day. There's an intentional design and cultural significance to it; it would probably get fans in-universe more hyped too.
I still laughed about it to this day!:ROFLMAO:

Status
Not open for further replies.