• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN115: Opening! Masters Tournament!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, that's fast. This arc is starting even sooner in the year than the Alola league did. That's probably a sign that we're in for a long tournament, although maybe not quite as long as Alola's considering they need to leave some room for Gou's conclusion. I'm feeling more confident that we'll either be getting all 6v6's, or at least be watching a lot more of the non-Ash matches.
I hope you're right.
Kinda surprised the Masters 8 is happening before wrapping up Goh's story. I kinda hoped they'd save the Masters 8 for AFTER. Hoping Ash gets to face Alain.
Something tells me Goh's story will wrap up at some point before Ash's final battle with Leon; as for Alain, I've a strong hunch he and Ash are heading for the fated rematch everybody's been waiting for.
I still dream about the Pallet Town party episode after Ash vs. Leon, where all of Ash’s friends stop by his hometown and meet each other. I hope Journeys does these next few episodes right, everything Journeys has been building towards has been leading to this.
This. This comment. You're actually speaking to me on a spiritual level with this. I have no lie gone over that very scenario in my head a bunch of times; the victory celebration at Pallet Town with all of Ash's friends and family there. I'm hoping and praying that it comes to pass. I truly hope you're right my friend. (Oh yeah, and there's one more thing I've thought up, and this one's a real doozy: as the real kicker to finish off Ash's journey and the series, his father finally shows up and he and Ash have a battle, which Ash wins. Then, having judged Ash to be worthy, Ho-Oh descends from the heavens as his final challenge; Ash has a climatic battle against it then ultimately catches it. The series then ends with Ash and Serena flying off on Ho-Oh to see the world together. ............I understand if that sounds just a weeee bit unrealistic, but hey, I can dream, right?)
I have to say, Journeys has been getting right to it in this last quarter/third of the saga. I feel like we get introduced to a cameo or big event and the episode comes out just a couple or several weeks later. But that's not a complaint! I'm looking forward to this - hopefully we get a substantial battle of some kind, rather than an episode purely dedicated to everyone just talking and checking each other out.
Sure took them long enough, but hey, better late than never. I'm not complaing either.
Make your bets now, folks. Will Ash battle Alain or Lance? (I don't see how that's a competition, but a lot of people think it's gonna be Lance because of that tease)
My guess? He'll battle both of them.

I'm just here for Dragonite pummeling Cynthia's Garchomp.

Kinda surprised the Masters 8 is happening before wrapping up Goh's story. I kinda hoped they'd save the Masters 8 for AFTER. Hoping Ash gets to face Alain.
Why? Go catching Mew is a bigger deal than Ash losing to Leon again. Also, Mew isn't even foreshadowed in the opening yet.

I doubt Dragonite will go against Cynthia's Garchomp

Well I guess that confirms the theory that Ash will face Lance in the first round!

now I wonder if it is accurate that the next round will be against Cynthia!

from what I see in the image Ash has all his tricks I guess he will use the idea he used with Raihan again!

Last edited:
Even if Ash does battle Lance. It's possible he could battle more than 3 people. We don't really know how they'll handle the rules since they can change anything now

If Ash battles Lance (a character with no stakes and relationship with Ash) instead of Alain I’ll be pissed.
Ash HAS to beat Alain’s Charizard with Ash-Greninja. Not regular Greninja. Ash-Greninja.

I'm just here for Dragonite pummeling Cynthia's Garchomp.

Why? Go catching Mew is a bigger deal than Ash losing to Leon again. Also, Mew isn't even foreshadowed in the opening yet.
I disagree. We don't know if Ash will win or lose, but regardless, Ash has been the main protagonist for 25+ years. The most important battle of his entire career is a little more of a bigger deal than Goh finding Mew.

I am still pondering why I should care about Gou, his goal and Project Filler.
Journeys has not given me any reason to be invested on any of them.

This also applies to the PWC, due to being so badly handled; but I do care about/love Satoshi.
Thanks to the time I have been following his travels, and the growth and development past series gave to him.

I am still pondering why I should care about Gou, his goal and Project Filler.
Journeys has not given me any reason to be invested on any of them.

This also applies to the PWC, due to being so badly handled; but I do care about/love Satoshi.
Thanks to the time I have been following his travels, and the growth and development past series gave to him.
That's because PM, even though it's a expedition to find mew, the most rare Pokemon ever, it feels rather lackluster . The only people we know from it is Gary, goh, and Horace. The two urshifu trainers are just there

Are you sure Professor Kukui, their families, five Alolan friends weren't invited to the Masters Tournament?

Nice. A bit earlier than expected but not totally surprising given the fast pace of the last 2 months. I hope the Master Tournament is longer than a league, but not to the point of giving 2 episodes to irrelevant matches like Steven vs Diantha, Leon vs Lance, etc.

I feel we need a relevant character to present the inaguration and comment the battles. It could be Rose, or they could finally bring back Charles Goodshow (whose VA is still alive), or they could even throw a bone to poor Alder lol.

I don’t see how Ash could battle more then 3 people in an 8 man tournament. I think he will battle Lance, Cynthia, and Leon. He has already got major wins over E4/Champions in Unova (Iris), Kalos (Drasna), and Hoenn (Wallace). He also may win the Alola Battle Royale, which would give another victory over Kukui, who is the strongest trainer there. Just a theory, but it seems that they want to have Ash have a noteworthy win over the “best of the best” in each region. He hasn’t beaten anyone noteworthy from Kanto/Johto and while Volkner is good, Cynthia is the best trainer in Sinnoh. But we shall see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom