• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN115: Opening! Masters Tournament!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have no real idea how the tournament will play out.
That's strictly not true. What more do you want than them straight up confirming how it works? Not that it's impossible for them to do something different, but without a single drop of evidence supporting this, there's no reason for us to distrust the information we've been given.

That's strictly not true. What more do you want than them straight up confirming how it works? Not that it's impossible for them to do something different, but without a single drop of evidence supporting this, there's no reason for us to distrust the information we've been given.
They changed a lot of things from the beginning of the series, like deciding not go follow through with Gmax Pikachu since it's too hard to animate. The 5 seconds we saw of a bracket tournament from 2019 can easily be changed 3 years later. I doubt back then the writers had every character they wanted Ash to battle already mapped out.

How much do you think Lance’s Dragonite sulks in the corner at having been replaced as Lance’s ace by a Pokémon that isn’t even a dragon?
Especially since having a Red Gyrados doesn't mean as much anymore...
Right, Lysandre? ;)

They changed a lot of things from the beginning of the series, like deciding not go follow through with Gmax Pikachu since it's too hard to animate.
It's presumptuous to assume Pikachu was ever meant to be Ash's prime Gmax candidate. They were obligated to show it off because it was a new form, that's it. I doubt it's a coincidence that Ash got a Gengar quickly after acquiring his dynamax band.

The 5 seconds we saw of a bracket tournament from 2019 can easily be changed 3 years later. I doubt back then the writers had every character they wanted Ash to battle already mapped out.
Except they could have fit every trainer they wanted Ash to battle in simply by altering their rankings. If they really cared about Ash battling more than 2 Champions, they could have easily stuck Alain in the Ultra Class, rather than blatantly contradicting the rules they've already established. I'm not saying it couldn't happen, but your justification for it's likelihood makes no sense.

Except they could have fit every trainer they wanted Ash to battle in simply by altering their rankings. If they really cared about Ash battling more than 2 Champions, they could have easily stuck Alain in the Ultra Class, rather than blatantly contradicting the rules they've already established. I'm not saying it couldn't happen, but your justification for it's likelihood makes no sense.

If they stuck Alain in Ultra Class, they wouldn't have eight members in the Masters 8.

I really doubt the last battle between Ash and Leon will be a 1 vs 1. So, I think they always plan to show something different from the short tournament we see in earlier episodes in Journeys.

How much do you think Lance’s Dragonite sulks in the corner at having been replaced as Lance’s ace by a Pokémon that isn’t even a dragon?
fxclfEtrvozGHljG-V7BUhtNTO0HPq-0JMTZRU6rxWE.png

Hop, finally!! Tracey, Infernape, Krookodile, and more too! I’m actually feeling pretty emotional. It really feels like my life is flashing before my eyes with all of these characters appearing throughout Journeys. I’m incredibly excited for this episode.

So who does the GMax Rillaboom beong to?

Also, here's an article: アニメ『ポケモン』マスターズエイトを演じる松本梨香さんや小野大輔さんからコメントが到着!

Also apparently the matches in the trailer are exhibition matches because this article says the actual match-ups will be announced at a later date. So this might just be a way to show battles that won't happen in the tournament.
Which was obvious, the whole preview looks to be from that opening episode so the champions can test each other out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom