• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN115: Opening! Masters Tournament!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Tournament didn't even begin that, thanks to the leak, I already hate it. Why bringing back a powerful Anime-only character Ash battled three times without defeating them, if they're going to be defeated by another character? Also, the merch indicates that someone will use MCY. If it's Leon's, and he uses it against said character, then the latter will be defeated by the gimmick introduced the same Gen as them. Leon would defeat someone else with a gimmick not even associated to him. Yes, Ilima Mega Evolved his Kangaskhan, but he didn't win the Battle. If MCY is Lance's, then it'll be 3 Trainers out of 8 with a Charizard (furthermore, why giving him MCY? He had MCX in LGPE; maybe it's to prevent redundancy with said character, but it raises even more the question as to why did they even bring them back)... Ash will Battle a trainer with a Mega Evolved Charizard, and it won't even be the trainer we thought of.

Last edited:
The break after some good raw of epiaodes is fine. But they better give us at the very end of ep 115 the match ups for the 1st round.

I'm not sure I believe these rumors about Alain getting eliminated before facing Ash. Realllllly doesn't seem to make a whole lot of sense to bring him of all people back just to not face Ash again. If they honestly do that, it'll just be rubbing salt in the wound they gave us fans 6 years ago.

I'm not sure I believe these rumors about Alain getting eliminated before facing Ash. Realllllly doesn't seem to make a whole lot of sense to bring him of all people back just to not face Ash again. If they honestly do that, it'll just be rubbing salt in the wound they gave us fans 6 years ago.

Plus if this is some sort of opening non elimination battle royal thing, as I believe was confirmed, that could mean Alain just goes down to Leon here and not later.

I find it possible if I'm honest!

If this is true, I'll be more shocked than disappointed. The one thing XY fans ever wanted was dangled in front of them, then yanked away at the last second.

I just can't see what value the writers could see in an Ash vs Lance battle. He was introduced early on as fodder just to make Leon look good. Ash hasn't interacted with him once this series, or even expressed the slightest desire to battle him. Not to mention, Gyarados and Dragonite are pretty redundant matchups for Ash at this point. I hope he at least brings Aerodactyl, and not a third Charizard.

I'd actually prefer Ash vs Diantha if Alain's really off the table. At least they have unfinished business, and Mega Gardevoir will be a more interesting battle than Gmax Gyarados.

Last edited:
If this is true, I'll be more shocked than disappointed. The one thing XY fans ever wanted was dangled in front of them, then yanked away at the last second.

I just can't see what value the writers could see in an Ash vs Lance battle. He was introduced early on as fodder just to make Leon look good. Ash hasn't interacted with him once this series, or even expressed the slightest desire to battle him. Not to mention, Gyarados and Dragonite are pretty redundant matchups for Ash at this point. I hope he at least brings Aerodactyl, and not a third Charizard.

I'd actually prefer Ash vs Diantha if Alain's really off the table. At least they have unfinished business, and Mega Gardevoir will be a more interesting battle than Gmax Gyarados.

Maybe Ash beats Lance in the prelim round to have that checked off, sort of speak, and Alain takes the spot that was originally Lance's.

Maybe Ash beats Lance in the prelim round to have that checked off, sort of speak, and Alain takes the spot that was originally Lance's.
Based on the leak, Alain vs Leon is JN116, meaning the prelim rounds would be over. I guess the opening ceremony could be a 2-parter, but the 2 week gap between episodes implies otherwise.

If Ash gets cheated out of the revenge we've all been waiting for for so long, I swear to god I'll never forgive these writers. :mad: (And I and many others have already had to deal with a lot of crap this series, which I've tried my best to overlook......:cautious: )

Alain could come in some other episode. Like if Ash beats him outside of the M8, wouldn't that be sufficient?

If Ash gets cheated out of the revenge we've all been waiting for for so long, I swear to god I'll never forgive these writers. :mad: (And I and many others have already had to deal with a lot of crap this series, which I've tried my best to overlook......:cautious: )
It will feel very insulting not gonna lie. Why even bother including Alain?

Let's be honest all people really care about is Greninja/Mega Charizard. Ash doesn't have to beat any of Alan's other pokemon again.

They can have a rematch outside the tournament if Ash doesn't battle him as training for Leon. Bonus if Greninja returns for it.

If Ash isn’t using reserves then it makes sense for him not to battle Alain. I’d rather see this than Ash-Lucario beating MCX. Still salty though. The only Pokémon that should beat MCX is Ash-Greninja.

If Ash isn’t using reserves then it makes sense for him not to battle Alain. I’d rather see this than Ash-Lucario beating MCX. Still salty though. The only Pokémon that should beat MCX is Ash-Greninja.
I don't know about this whole Ash not using reserves thing. I suspect he might after all, or maybe just special ones, like Greninja. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

To be fair Ash is battling Lance, the Kanto/Johto Champion from Ash's home region. It's not like Ash isn't getting a highly prestige trainer to win against.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom