• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN115: Opening! Masters Tournament!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW, the Anipoke PR account is now calling Ash the Alola region Champion in this image they're sending to anyone who retweets this post.

1654878917200.png

Summary and Partial VA list courtesy of Adamant

The curtain finally rises for the "Masters Tournament" that's going to determine the absolute best of the best at Pokémon battling. Satoshi's goal is to battle Dande; His challenge now begins, and the first match of the first round, a battle between Dande and Alan, starts!

Summary:
The curtain finally rises for the "Masters Tournament", the fight that's going to determine the absolute best of the best at Pokémon battling. Satoshi has gone to Shoot Stadium in the Galar region where the playoffs will take place! Satoshi's goal is to battle Dande, will he manage to win his way through the tournament? The greatest challenge in all history now begins, and the first match of the first round, a battle between Dande and Alan, starts!

Voice Cast:
Rica Matsumoto: Satoshi
Daiki Yamashita: Go
Ikue Ohtani: Pikachu

Summary and Partial VA list courtesy of Adamant

The curtain finally rises for the "Masters Tournament" that's going to determine the absolute best of the best at Pokémon battling. Satoshi's goal is to battle Dande; His challenge now begins, and the first match of the first round, a battle between Dande and Alan, starts!

Summary:
The curtain finally rises for the "Masters Tournament", the fight that's going to determine the absolute best of the best at Pokémon battling. Satoshi has gone to Shoot Stadium in the Galar region where the playoffs will take place! Satoshi's goal is to battle Dande, will he manage to win his way through the tournament? The greatest challenge in all history now begins, and the first match of the first round, a battle between Dande and Alan, starts!

Voice Cast:
Rica Matsumoto: Satoshi
Daiki Yamashita: Go
Ikue Ohtani: Pikachu
short battles to start the tournament? It is not a good start but I hope that the next matches will be longer!

short battles to start the tournament? It is not a good start but I hope that the next matches will be longer!
The Alola league started painfully small before working their way up, here's hoping for something similar

Just hope the battles aren't rushed like the Alola league, its interesting to see Alain with a Chesnaught knowing Mairin had a Chespin

The Alola league started painfully small before working their way up, here's hoping for something similar

Just hope the battles aren't rushed like the Alola league, its interesting to see Alain with a Chesnaught knowing Mairin had a Chespin
For The Alola League I think it's possible although I'm ready for one problem or another.

with the battle of Leon vs Alain and Ash vs Hop in the same episode who knows, I also find it interesting to see Alain with a Chesnaught, it makes me wonder how it happened!

For The Alola League I think it's possible although I'm ready for one problem or another.

with the battle of Leon vs Alain and Ash vs Hop in the same episode who knows, I also find it interesting to see Alain with a Chesnaught, it makes me wonder how it happened!

Alain was like:

Ouchh... i realize i have a lot of Ground weakness (Four out of six are weak to Ground when Zard X, three out of six when not).

But then, the funny thing is that it adds a third fire weakness to the team (Chesnaught, Metagross and Bisharp).

Edit: Fourth fire weakness, i forgot Weavile.

Last edited:
Alain was like:

Ouchh... i realize i have a lot of Ground weakness (Four out of six are weak to Ground when Zard X, three out of six when not).

But then, the funny thing is that it adds a third fire weakness to the team (Chesnaught, Metagross and Bisharp).

And that's not even getting into how Alain's original Kalos team was half weak to Fighting and the Fighting-weak Pokemon all even had a 4x weakness to it.

I'm glad to see Ash and Iris playing and goofing off together before the tournament like the old days
They just got back from an offscreen episode of Haxorus getting lost at the league; of course they're happy to be back from filler

Alain was like:

lol yes is clear!

BTW, the Anipoke PR account is now calling Ash the Alola region Champion in this image they're sending to anyone who retweets this post.

View attachment 160715
As awesome as this is, does anyone else feel that Ash is pretty underdressed for the occasion? I was never a big fan of his Journeys design, as it feels uninspired, but they're really going to have the Alolan Champion stroll up to this event to decide the strongest Trainer in the world in a Wal-Mart clearance section's t-shirt and shorts :LOL: While this type of wear was practical in Alola, and general Journeys traversing, I'd much rather he be wearing something a bit more dynamic, but it is what it is.

That's good ideas, Alain doesn't win with Leon, nor is he the same as before. I am no longer satisfied.

As awesome as this is, does anyone else feel that Ash is pretty underdressed for the occasion? I was never a big fan of his Journeys design, as it feels uninspired, but they're really going to have the Alolan Champion stroll up to this event to decide the strongest Trainer in the world in a Wal-Mart clearance section's t-shirt and shorts :LOL: While this type of wear was practical in Alola, and general Journeys traversing, I'd much rather he be wearing something a bit more dynamic, but it is what it is.
You think his current outfit is underdressed? The alternative would be Ash fully embracing his role as Alola's representative by going into the tournament with his Masked Royale cosplay.

You think his current outfit is underdressed? The alternative would be Ash fully embracing his role as Alola's representative by going into the tournament with his Masked Royale cosplay.
ash pajamas.png

Pajamas. He's wearing pajamas with a vest slapped on.

I'd take the Masked Royale cosplay over this for the PWC finals any day. There's an intentional design and cultural significance to it; it would probably get fans in-universe more hyped too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom