• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN115: Opening! Masters Tournament!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
They showed a new preview on Pokedoko. Not much new, except Alain commanding Charizard to use Overheat, so considering that it's been seen using Steel Wing, and Dragon Claw in this battle, and Flamethrower is a signature move of Charizard in the anime, it probably no longer knows Blast Burn.

View attachment 160800

Pajamas. He's wearing pajamas with a vest slapped on.
When every day is a lazy day.

Possibly the only worse outfit to wear to an official event would be his Team Rocket outfit Duplica gave him that we all know he's still got stashed away somewhere.

They showed a new preview on Pokedoko. Not much new, except Alain commanding Charizard to use Overheat, so considering that it's been seen using Steel Wing, and Dragon Claw in this battle, and Flamethrower is a signature move of Charizard in the anime, it probably no longer knows Blast Burn.
Well at least now we know the real reason why he's gonna lose :p

It can’t hurt us anymore.
Now Greninja really should’ve battled it.

In before Alain reveals he’s a hacker and bust out 5 moves only for Leon to outhack him by busting out 6.

Last edited:
Oh sure, I didn't have the subtitled translation activated when I saw the video!

although I find it somewhat curious how Leon's Charizard changes movements so often!
Altering Charizard's moves shows that he adapts to every opponent. Goes to show why he's undefeated.

Actually, Leon's Charizard is using Ancient Power. He named the attack in the special preview.
Nice, realy useful against its own kind, but againat MCX it makes only ×2 dmg. Guess we will see Air slash / Dig in this fight. Maybe max Airstream.

Although curiously, Leon's Charizard now knows Ancient Power, and seems to be keeping Air Slash permanently. Which are two of the moves it knows in the final battle with Leon. Hmmm............you think Charizard will learn Solar Beam too?
It's a huge tossup because we've seen Leon's Charizard use lots of coverage seemingly specifically tailored to counter his opponents. Based on that, I can easily imagine it learning a Ground-type move like Scorching Sands (or relearning Dig) for the match against Ash due to Ground being super-effective on all of Ash's gimmickmons (Gengar, Lucario, Pikachu).

It's a huge tossup because we've seen Leon's Charizard use lots of coverage seemingly specifically tailored to counter his opponents. Based on that, I can easily imagine it learning a Ground-type move like Scorching Sands (or relearning Dig) for the match against Ash due to Ground being super-effective on all of Ash's gimmickmons (Gengar, Lucario, Pikachu).
Scorching Sands feels likely considering that the anime has been sprinkling the DLC tutor moves here and there (Volkner's Luxray using Rising Voltage, Cynthia's Garchomp using Scale Shot, Articuno using Triple Axel, Lillie using Meteor Beam). Alternatively they could also give Scorching Sands to Cynthia's Garchomp.

Scorching Sands feels likely considering that the anime has been sprinkling the DLC tutor moves here and there (Volkner's Luxray using Rising Voltage, Cynthia's Garchomp using Scale Shot, Articuno using Triple Axel, Lillie using Meteor Beam). Alternatively they could also give Scorching Sands to Cynthia's Garchomp.
Little something I noticed from the special preview: Steven's Cradily also knows Meteor Beam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom