• Bubapedia Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Our technical staff are continuing to monitor the wiki to try and resolve these ongoing issues that are impacting page and image loading. We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll update as soon as we've got more information on this for you.

• Check out our new Mysterious Garden forum style if you haven't already - we're sure you'll love it!
  • All members are allowed to express their opinions, no matter how unpopular, so long as they respect others and do not claim their opinion is the only valid opinion. While we understand that there is debate regarding Goh, someone posting an opinion you disagree with does not give you the right to attack them or report the content for trolling/baiting. This notice will serve as a 0-point warning and as such, Anime & Manga staff reserve the right to jump immediately to point warnings. For more information regarding our stance on arguments and debates, see this PSA.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Preview JN116: Champions' Pride! Wataru VS Carne!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

isrrael120

New and Old Things About Me!
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/His
to be honest I'm ready for another disappointment at any moment(if it happens)!:cautious:

FinnishPokéFan92

Huggable Electric Rodent
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
It's understandable because they just need a break. You can't work all the time and especially in the summer they certainly have better things to do than drawing episodes, e.g. going to the swimming pool with the family. So I really treat him to that.
I doubt a couple weeks' break in airing new episodes necessarily signifies a break in production.

DuskAstral

Reaction score
It's understandable because they just need a break. You can't work all the time and especially in the summer they certainly have better things to do than drawing episodes, e.g. going to the swimming pool with the family. So I really treat him to that.
However, it seems to me that all episodes of the series are ready before the anime begins.
Somehow I doubt that it would be possible to cover all this (drawing, inventing texts, recording) in a week.

Adelon

Swampert's Ghost
Reaction score
The wait is so hard to deal with. July 8th can't come soon enough. I need a new anipoke episode. And some ScarVio news, too. I thought we were supposed to get some on the 29th of June, but it never came? I guess we could get news after the weekend.

Queen Cynthia

Angelic Champion
Reaction score
Although I like Lance much more than Diantha, I tend to think Diantha might win this.

And thinking about it for a bit longer, I'd say it's probably the best scenario for all characters involved. We know that Leon's opponents are not allowed to win by the almighty writers, so I don't want to see Lance, one of my favorite characters, lose against plot armor-Leon a second time.
To me Lance losing to Diantha in a (very?) close match and Diantha inevitably losing to Mr. L later on is the face-saving scenario with the least amount of "collateral damage".

Last edited:

CharizardFan7

Though I'm also a Blaziken fan
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
It's ok. It will be boring to wait but when they then go with new energy to the Episodes it will be for all better i think.
No, I only said that because what you wrote didn't make sense to me.

Unovia

Author of Pokemon of the Week (Travelin' Dan)
Reaction score
Well, I was thinking about this, and I think Diantha is going to win the battle against Lance.
Lance (Rank 4)
Gyarados (Red-GMax)
Hydreigon
Dragonite (Probable)
Diantha (Rank 5)
Gardevoir (Mega)
Aurorus
Gourgeist

This battle is likely going to be close. Gourgeist is likely to be Diantha's weakest, and the one that Lance will be able to beat easiest, though it may have a surprise or two. Aurorus will probably tie with something (either Hydreigon or Dragonite). As far as we know, Lance does not have a response for Gardevoir, especially as a Mega, since he has no known response for Fairy Types. I don't think it is likely they are setting up for a Leon vs. Lance rematch, and if that is all this is, then it is going to be a waste.

Chilon

Sorry Skarmory!!!:(
Reaction score
Pronouns
Him
My Prediction:
Gourgeist is a good option against Gyarados but it will lose. Hydreigon vs Aurorus is a win for Carne besides it will an not close match.
Gyarados comes in and gets big. Defeats Aurorus. Guardevoir vs Gyarados: the weaker Gyarados gets small and was killed very soon. Dragionite vs Guardevoir. First Guardevoir blocks everything to revive how strong it is and then kills him with the pink ball (I dont know wich attack :(

Unovia

Author of Pokemon of the Week (Travelin' Dan)
Reaction score
My Prediction:
Gourgeist is a good option against Gyarados but it will lose. Hydreigon vs Aurorus is a win for Carne besides it will an not close match.
Gyarados comes in and gets big. Defeats Aurorus. Guardevoir vs Gyarados: the weaker Gyarados gets small and was killed very soon. Dragionite vs Guardevoir. First Guardevoir blocks everything to revive how strong it is and then kills him with the pink ball (I dont know wich attack :(
That's likely Moon Blast.

Chilon

Reaction score
Pronouns
Him
Okay, in last time i come confused with the attack animation in the anime.

Chilon

Reaction score
Pronouns
Him
How about a new ace for Carne: Tyrantrum?

CharizardFan7

Though I'm also a Blaziken fan
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
I really think Carne should have a Tyrantrum when she fights Leon. It would be so cool if it Dynmaxxed and fought Leon's Charizard.
That would be pretty cool. Especially considering Tyrantrum has only appeared in the anime for about 5 minutes before this.

Chilon

Reaction score
Pronouns
Him
That would be pretty cool. Especially considering Tyrantrum has only appeared in the anime for about 5 minutes before this.
Thats so true. Its only in one episode! And its i think its not just Dianthas Game team Pokemon but also simply to match her character. It would just be nice: Memorable Pokemon for Diantha: Furfrou, Florges and Aromatisse.

KrspaceT

Reaction score
Tyrantrum might be something to try and hit Charizard de Leon with: Head Smash would hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.