• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN116: Champions' Pride! Wataru VS Carne!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's understandable because they just need a break. You can't work all the time and especially in the summer they certainly have better things to do than drawing episodes, e.g. going to the swimming pool with the family. So I really treat him to that.
I doubt a couple weeks' break in airing new episodes necessarily signifies a break in production.

It's understandable because they just need a break. You can't work all the time and especially in the summer they certainly have better things to do than drawing episodes, e.g. going to the swimming pool with the family. So I really treat him to that.
However, it seems to me that all episodes of the series are ready before the anime begins.
Somehow I doubt that it would be possible to cover all this (drawing, inventing texts, recording) in a week.

Although I like Lance much more than Diantha, I tend to think Diantha might win this.

And thinking about it for a bit longer, I'd say it's probably the best scenario for all characters involved. We know that Leon's opponents are not allowed to win by the almighty writers, so I don't want to see Lance, one of my favorite characters, lose against plot armor-Leon a second time.
To me Lance losing to Diantha in a (very?) close match and Diantha inevitably losing to Mr. L later on is the face-saving scenario with the least amount of "collateral damage".

Last edited:
Well, I was thinking about this, and I think Diantha is going to win the battle against Lance.
Lance (Rank 4)
Gyarados (Red-GMax)
Hydreigon
Dragonite (Probable)
Diantha (Rank 5)
Gardevoir (Mega)
Aurorus
Gourgeist

This battle is likely going to be close. Gourgeist is likely to be Diantha's weakest, and the one that Lance will be able to beat easiest, though it may have a surprise or two. Aurorus will probably tie with something (either Hydreigon or Dragonite). As far as we know, Lance does not have a response for Gardevoir, especially as a Mega, since he has no known response for Fairy Types. I don't think it is likely they are setting up for a Leon vs. Lance rematch, and if that is all this is, then it is going to be a waste.

My Prediction:
Gourgeist is a good option against Gyarados but it will lose. Hydreigon vs Aurorus is a win for Carne besides it will an not close match.
Gyarados comes in and gets big. Defeats Aurorus. Guardevoir vs Gyarados: the weaker Gyarados gets small and was killed very soon. Dragionite vs Guardevoir. First Guardevoir blocks everything to revive how strong it is and then kills him with the pink ball (I dont know wich attack :(

My Prediction:
Gourgeist is a good option against Gyarados but it will lose. Hydreigon vs Aurorus is a win for Carne besides it will an not close match.
Gyarados comes in and gets big. Defeats Aurorus. Guardevoir vs Gyarados: the weaker Gyarados gets small and was killed very soon. Dragionite vs Guardevoir. First Guardevoir blocks everything to revive how strong it is and then kills him with the pink ball (I dont know wich attack :(
That's likely Moon Blast.

That would be pretty cool. Especially considering Tyrantrum has only appeared in the anime for about 5 minutes before this.
Thats so true. Its only in one episode! And its i think its not just Dianthas Game team Pokemon but also simply to match her character. It would just be nice: Memorable Pokemon for Diantha: Furfrou, Florges and Aromatisse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom