• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN116: The Strongest Lizardon Battle! Dande VS Alan!! (FAKE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I seriously wanna know why you feel the need to sit here mocking and disregarding everyone's feelings towards Ash having a rematch with Alain and being disappointed about there not being a rematch. Not gonna lie, its come off as rude at times and even insensitive to those who are disappointed. You've gone far as calling people delusional for even thinking it would happen.
Why is that being rude? The only thing I see that people are complaining again and again and again and again. If you don't like something then don't watch it. That is pretty simple. Why posting these complains in every topic like in every post????

Why is that being rude? The only thing I see that people are complaining again and again and again and again. If you don't like something then don't watch it. That is pretty simple. Why posting these complains in every topic like in every post????
You know you don't have the right to say when and where people can complain or not.
And why do I need to do that? This is discussion forum and not complaint board.
Um... theres nothing saying that complaints aren't allowed in a discussion forum.

And why do I need to do that? This is discussion forum and not complaint board.
This is a forum. People expressing their feelings towards how things play out both positive and negative are aspects of discussion. Insulting others and talking trash about them for their disappointment however is not.

I'll save my opinion on how I felt about the Satoshi / Alan rivalry, but I am confused about why so many people are seemingly out for blood with the guy. He isn't the only person to have beaten Satoshi at a league? But I suppose with the fanatic obsession there is with Gekkouga and the XY series as a whole I can't say I'm surprised at the reaction. As I said before I'd have loved Iris to be the one to beat him, but at the end of the day him being eliminated right away by someone who isn't Satoshi-- we don't need this to be Kalos League 2.0-- is probably the best way to go about it.

This is a forum. People expressing their feelings towards how things play out both positive and negative are aspects of discussion. Insulting others and talking trash about them for their disappointment however is not.
No one is talking trash about them. Don't jump to conclusion. All I am saying that people should stop post the same complain in every post just because something goes not the way they want. Or having different opinion is now means talking trash about them???

No one is talking trash about them. Don't jump to conclusion. All I am saying that people should stop post the same complain in every post just because something goes not the way they want. Or having different opinion is now means talking trash about them???
Seems that people here still don’t understand that writers don’t care what you think or want. They don’t care. It is their storytelling. Not yours. You can write your own fanfic and pair whatever trainers you want. Story is written. Matches are decided already. So, stop whining and relax and watch. Don’t want? Don’t watch. That is simple.
Read your post here and tell me how this wasn't you talking trash and being rude.

I'll save my opinion on how I felt about the Satoshi / Alan rivalry, but I am confused about why so many people are seemingly out for blood with the guy. He isn't the only person to have beaten Satoshi at a league? But I suppose with the fanatic obsession there is with Gekkouga and the XY series as a whole I can't say I'm surprised at the reaction. As I said before I'd have loved Iris to be the one to beat him, but at the end of the day him being eliminated right away by someone who isn't Satoshi-- we don't need this to be Kalos League 2.0-- is probably the best way to go about it.
A lot of fans were upset with Alain winning when more signs pointed to Ash winning the Kalos League. Ash lost to other trainers in other Leagues, but we knew he was going to lose before those matches started. We didn't know Ash was going to lose until the episode aired, right after Ash Greninja had seemingly perfected its form. Combined that with how ridiculously overpowered Alain had become by that time and that would make people much more eager to see Ash finally defeat him in the Master Class. It wouldn't really change anything, but it would be satisfying for a lot of fans and create a lot of hype for the Master Class. Leon vs. Alain will create some buzz, but probably not the kind the writers wanted to get.

A lot of fans were upset with Alain winning when more signs pointed to Ash winning the Kalos League. Ash lost to other trainers in other Leagues, but we knew he was going to lose before those matches started. We didn't know Ash was going to lose until the episode aired, right after Ash Greninja had seemingly perfected its form. Combined that with how ridiculously overpowered Alain had become by that time and that would make people much more eager to see Ash finally defeat him in the Master Class. It wouldn't really change anything, but it would be satisfying for a lot of fans and create a lot of hype for the Master Class. Leon vs. Alain will create some buzz, but probably not the kind the writers wanted to get.
Iron Throne episode ended like D&D wanted but people didn't like it. They cared about it? No. Something can be changed? No. People complained that this is a shitty ending? Yes.
Same thing with Alain and Kalos League.

No its not. Like I said before you have no right to say when and where people can complain or not. The fact that your doing it and thinking your in the right makes you look like a dick.
Did I ever insult you? No. Then who are you to call me a dick?

Did I ever insult you? No. Then who are you to call me a dick?
For what you said here
Seems that people here still don’t understand that writers don’t care what you think or want. They don’t care. It is their storytelling. Not yours. You can write your own fanfic and pair whatever trainers you want. Story is written. Matches are decided already. So, stop whining and relax and watch. Don’t want? Don’t watch. That is simple.
And for how you're acting so far thats why i'm calling you a dick this has nothing to do with me.

I disagree with the notion that Ash needs to beat Alain here in order to "fix" XY, but I also don't think most people are saying that either, despite being criticized for doing so. An Ash/Alain battle in Journeys wouldn't somehow improve XY retroactively, but that doesn't mean it still wouldn't be valuable storytelling on it's own.

Case and point, the Mohn episode. This served as a fantastic bookend for Lillie and her family's story, despite not taking place in their native series. In fact, I'd argue that this episode was more effective because it took place in JN. An ambiguous amount of time needed to pass in order for Lillie's quest to find her father to truly feel as long and arduous as it was. This wouldn't be possible in SM unless Lillie were to disappear for a large chunk of the series, which obviously couldn't happen.

Maybe Ash losing to Alain was the correct ending to XY. Alain was the better trainer at the time, and Ash wasn't strong enough to beat him then. The message at the end of the series was that Ash still needed to improve, and they made an empty promise of a future battle. Now Ash has finally progressed to the point where he is capable of defeating opponents who were once out of his league, and a rematch with Alain would have been a juicy bit of fanservice that progresses their rivalry, not "fixes" it. I'm not sure why some people find that so absurd, when the same thing is basically happening with Cynthia. Ash made a similar vow to battle her, however most people don't consider DP a failure because that battle never took place. It honestly makes more sense for Ash to beat her at this point in his story, and I think him defeated both of these previously-undefeatable trainers would have been an effective demonstration of his growth before moving on to face the new undefeatable trainer.

I disagree with the notion that Ash needs to beat Alain here in order to "fix" XY, but I also don't think most people are saying that either, despite being criticized for doing so. An Ash/Alain battle in Journeys wouldn't somehow improve XY retroactively, but that doesn't mean it still wouldn't be valuable storytelling on it's own.

Case and point, the Mohn episode. This served as a fantastic bookend for Lillie and her family's story, despite not taking place in their native series. In fact, I'd argue that this episode was more effective because it took place in JN. An ambiguous amount of time needed to pass in order for Lillie's quest to find her father to truly feel as long and arduous as it was. This wouldn't be possible in SM unless Lillie were to disappear for a large chunk of the series, which obviously couldn't happen.

Maybe Ash losing to Alain was the correct ending to XY. Alain was the better trainer at the time, and Ash wasn't strong enough to beat him then. The message at the end of the series was that Ash still needed to improve, and they made an empty promise of a future battle. Now Ash has finally progressed to the point where he is capable of defeating opponents who were once out of his league, and a rematch with Alain would have been a juicy bit of fanservice that progresses their rivalry, not "fixes" it. I'm not sure why some people find that so absurd, when the same thing is basically happening with Cynthia. Ash made a similar vow to battle her, however most people don't consider DP a failure because that battle never took place. It honestly makes more sense for Ash to beat her at this point in his story, and I think him defeated both of these previously-undefeatable trainers would have been an effective demonstration of his growth before moving on to face the new undefeatable trainer.
To me, it was never about fixing the Kalos League or XY. Its not gonna change what happened and I still love the series despite that huge misstep. Its not gonna suddenly make Ash the winner of the league. Quite honestly, the title Ash has going for him is a lot better. Alain is being introduced as the winner of the Lumiose Conference. Ash meanwhile has the honor of being announced as the Alolan Champion. That's a huge step up. What matters though is that Alain is a rival of Ash's that he was never able to triumph over, though I still think he should have in Kalos and that it felt as if signs were point to it. For that rivalry, and the promise they made for a future battle, seeing Alain pop up again in a tournament Ash was taking part in made me and many others think that we'd finally get that rematch and Ash triumphing over an opponent he never got to. An opponent some of us felt was honestly quite overpowered and just wanted to see lose.

Journeys has been pretty big on fan service, and honestly, I do believe that the writers were taking into account some of the older fans. I mean why else would you bring back Paul? A character that hasn't appeared in 12 years. Or even Butch and Cassidy? Characters their target demographic of kids around 6 to 12 probably didn't even know existed until now. So to have Alain return as a part of that fanservice and providing fans with the satisfying victory over him for Ash would have proven to be a good use of fanservice, while also progressing that storyline. To not see it happen when given the chance to see it is very frustrating for some of us.

For what you said here

And for how you're acting so far thats why i'm calling you a dick this has nothing to do with me.

Guys maybe none of you acted rude / complained too much.. stop feeling bad and agree to disagree.

Maybe Ash even back then in Kalos should be only runner up and we all had to get the feeling thete was a good season and heads up. Yhe problem he lost 3 times, too much(!) and now he is kinda backfor more.. I see why ppl got fire in them.

In my opinion there is no point for Alain to compete unless there is more for the story. The only thing make sense is Leon wins just to let us feel the final round will make it all go away cause Ash is against the best this time.

I bet the writers thought they were being super clever with this matchup, when in reality, who was asking for this? How do you screw up putting Ash and Alain in the same tournament and not have them face off so Ash can finally get the win on him. He’s literally Ash’s only major regional rival he never beat. How do you drop the ball this hard on such a simple fan service task that you had everything set up to be a slam dunk?
Simple: You prioritize Ash battling stronger opponents. He should have battled Alain instead of Korrina, Volkner or Paul.

Swampertus does have a point that the writers can do what they want, as it's their story. However, the writers have demonstrated time and time again that they're willing to bait the fanbase for ratings, leading to inevitable backlash when the episode airs. They pulled a major bait-and-switch during the Kalos League, making it look like Ash would finally win a League after five disappointments, only to give the win to Alain at the last second by disregarding type matchups (namely Fire Blast being super-effective against a Water/Dark) to preserve the status quo.

This may have lead to the writers letting Ash win the Alola League, and even that had some controversy involved (Rowlet's "SOS Rest" during Ash's battle with Hau, for example). Another loss could've been the straw that broke the Camerupt's back, leading to the anime's reputation imploding.

(It is also rude to tell people "don't like, don't watch, don't complain")

This reminds me of the Kalos League's first round MCX vs MCY battle. First battle of the tournament and it involves 2 gimmick-able Charizard (and one of them is Alain's)

Plus the fact that, unlike the other Trainers who had previously beaten Ash in a League, he had actually battled Alain before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom